2015 Match of the Year - H2H Vote

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

2015 Match of the Year - H2H Vote

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:40 pm

Trying out something a little different for this year. Don't worry, our standard critic's poll will be largely unchanged, we're still collecting matches/votes and 2015 should be the biggest year ever for that end of the project.

The new innovation we're introducing today is open to the general public and has the same intention as our MOTY poll — determine 2015's best match of the year. The way we'll go about doing that is similar to our Match of the Month voting and that's a series of H2H matchups voted on by you to determine who is truly the best of the best, which matches hold up against others the best, etc.

For those who have done our match of the month voting, you'll already know the drill.

For others, it's simple, go to the voting website and vote. (See, I told you it was easy!) We've entered 120 matches (collected from the Top 10 of 2015's Match of the Month countdowns) into the dataset and two matches will randomly emerged each time you refresh the page. Vote for whichever match you think is better or vote to skip if you either can't decide or don't have an opinion on one of the two matches. You can vote as many times as you'd like as our system will continue to refresh with a different, randomly selected set of matches.

In the end, we're hoping to have data separate from our typical MOTY to help us compare and contrast voting via this method to voting via our traditional ballot method.

Voting is now live at http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/match- ... 2h-voting/

wac

Re: 2015 Match of the Year - H2H Vote

Post by wac » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:53 am

Just so it's clear, Fenix vs. Mil Muertes - Lucha Underground - 2015-05-27 was the second "death match" - the Grave Consequences match was on the 3/18 episode.

dancecab

Re: 2015 Match of the Year - H2H Vote

Post by dancecab » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:59 pm

I haven't watched any Evolve other then Mania weekend. Can someone give me a list of the Evolve matches present so I can figure out what shows I have to watch to not be skipping every 3 matches?