Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane & Ryback (WWE 12/16/12)

supersonic

Re: Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane & Ryback (WWE 12/16/12)

Post by supersonic » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:43 pm

Hardcore Match
Team Hell No & Ryback vs. The Shield

Highly suggest everyone go back to rewatch this, not just for storyline reasons, but because wow Reigns was f***ing green here. This match also had some pacing issues, with the red-hot Brooklyn crowd sometimes becoming silent. HOWEVER, this match was absolutely chaotic and brought back memories of the TLC pioneer days during the Attitude Era. What this did was showcase what an unf***able unit that the Shield was, getting 3-1 on one advantages constantly and being so entertaining and violent in doing so. That bad bump Seth Rollins took through those tables sure seems like it was worth it in hindsight. This was a great choice to start my rewatch. ****

Wiretaup

Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane & Ryback (WW...

Post by Wiretaup » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:33 pm

Is this the best debut match in WWE history?

Granted the circumstances were special with Punk pulling out of the show. But still, this match greatly overdelivered when it didn't need to.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Re: Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane & Ryback (WWE 12/16/12)

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:43 pm

There's no doubt this will make my list. One of my all-time favorites and as was said above me, perhaps the best debut in WWE history. This match was worked SOOOO goddamn smart I couldn't believe it happened in WWE. The Shield never allows the match to slow down or fall to a standard WWE pace. They make sure to never be apart for too long. They make sure to isolate combinations of the other guys when they can, it's just masterful stuff from beginning to end. I love this match so much.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:35 pm

I've seen much less WWE/WWF stuff than most people, as even with The Network, I'm still much more interested in Puro than digging through old In Your House's. I'm sure there are a few classics I haven't seen (most notably the two Undertaker/HBK matches), but even with those blindspots, I can still call this my favorite WWE match ever. It's SO GREAT. It's such a completely different match than what I'm used to seeing in WWE. Rollins, who I've never been a huge fan of, bumps like a complete psychopath here and it's a thing of beauty. Everything about this was glorious. A lock for my list.

Wiretaup

Post by Wiretaup » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:18 pm

supersonic wrote:
Rewatched this for the first time since it happened, and it's really hard to believe those are the same 3 guys.

Meanwhile, every single iota of Kane is exactly the same.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:04 pm

When you look at who's involved here and you consider where they ended up, this may be one of the most important matches of the last ten years alongside Punk/Cena from MITB. Just imagine the current roster without the Shield guys-it's an entirely different product. The work was just fantastic and it stands as one of my favorite matches in WWE of the decade.