CIMA, Don Fujii, & Naruki Doi vs. Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, & Genki Horiguchi (DG 07/03/05)

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Re: CIMA, Don Fujii, & Naruki Doi vs. Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, & Genki Horiguchi (DG 07/03/05)

Post by InYourCase » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:42 pm

So this is the best Dragon Gate match ever. One of two that I've given *****, the other being PAC & Dragon Kid vs. CIMA & Ricochet from 2011 (which I need to nominate soon). Horiguchi comes into this match with an injured back and Blood Generation (CIMA, Doi, Fujii) exploit that from the start! Horiguchi is an amazing babyface in this match. The crowd is fully behind him and his flash pin, the Backslide From Heaven. Saito was having the best year of his career and DK, especially in six-man tags, is always awesome. I know some people that don't like Dragon Gate will hate CIMA's offense here, but if you can get past that, this is quite the match.

Don Fujii is also pretty great here. Not sure if I'd put this in his "Big Match Fujii" category, but he's such an awesome heel and just a great professional wrestler. I have it at the full five, I think it's so outstanding and better than the Blood Generation/DO Fixer match from ROH a year later.

JML

CIMA, Don Fujii, & Naruki Doi vs. Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, & Genki Horiguchi (D...

Post by JML » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:31 pm

I'm not a big Dragon Gate fan but I do enjoy it any time I watch it. But I made the decision to watch this match for the first time and the ROH match back to back for comparison. And as great as this match was, I feel like the guys took this match to another level in Chicago. This match was great but not good enough to be one of the greatest matches ever.

Quentin Moody

Re: CIMA, Don Fujii, & Naruki Doi vs. Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, & Genki Horiguchi (DG 07/03/05)

Post by Quentin Moody » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:58 pm

This is definitely one of the best Dragon Gate matches ever, one of my favorite trios matches ever, and will surely make my list. Case nailed every point I was gonna mention, but I can't stress enough how great Horiguchi was here.