Wrestling Omakase #9: Growing Up ROH w/ JR Goldberg

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
IIDXias

Wrestling Omakase #9: Growing Up ROH w/ JR Goldberg

Post by IIDXias » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:04 pm

Just posted a brand new episode of Wrestling Omakase that I had a lot of fun recording, interested if anyone has any feedback on it. JR Goldberg (@wrestlingbubble on Twitter) & I had a long discussion on 2003-2008 ROH, a period where both of us were attending a ton of shows, and we share a lot of our memories from that era, our favorite moments, why we think that era of ROH is still fondly remembered, and even a bit on how it compares to modern wrestling (both ROH and other promotions). Here's the episode link:

BITW3589

Re: Wrestling Omakase #9: Growing Up ROH w/ JR Goldberg

Post by BITW3589 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:02 am

I just finished listening and enjoyed it a lot. I'm glad to hear Jimmy Jacobs getting some love on the podcast as he was always one of my favorite ROH guys, when you guys do a part 2 for this I would love you to hear you two talk about one of my favorite angles in ROH which is the whole Ballad of Lacey saga. Not only was I a big fan of Jimmy, but I was also a big fan of Lacey and wish she was still in the business, I feel she is underrated both as a wrestler and as a manager.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Re: Wrestling Omakase #9: Growing Up ROH w/ JR Goldberg

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:30 pm

BITW3589 wrote:I just finished listening and enjoyed it a lot. I'm glad to hear Jimmy Jacobs getting some love on the podcast as he was always one of my favorite ROH guys, when you guys do a part 2 for this I would love you to hear you two talk about one of my favorite angles in ROH which is the whole Ballad of Lacey saga. Not only was I a big fan of Jimmy, but I was also a big fan of Lacey and wish she was still in the business, I feel she is underrated both as a wrestler and as a manager.
I *think* she's in China or WAS in China ether studying or working. She was one of the point people/liaisons when WWN ran those China shows a few years ago.