Wrestling Omakase #54: G1 Climax, Extreme Rules & Attack on Titan w/ Kevin & Jack

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
IIDXias

Wrestling Omakase #54: G1 Climax, Extreme Rules & Attack on Titan w/ Kevin & Jack

Post by IIDXias » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:41 pm

This week on Omakase I'm joined by returning guest Kevin Brown (@darukinoi) and first time guest Jack Beckmann (@packerman120) primarily to discuss the first 3 nights of the G1 Climax, as we break down all 15 G1 matches so far. We also briefly touch upon a truly wretched WWE Extreme Rules PPV and at the very end spend quite a while breaking down the convoluted mess that is the plot of anime/manga series Attack on Titan (which both Kevin & I happen to have followed along for many years now). Where else can you get that kind of mix of topics, folks.

armsofsleep

Re: Wrestling Omakase #54: G1 Climax, Extreme Rules & Attack on Titan w/ Kevin & Jack

Post by armsofsleep » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Sometimes I think I'm crazy when I read the G1 thread and see people say "The worst match in the tournament so far was ***, everything has been good at least" so I'm glad I can come here and see you all burying the fuck out of that Juice/Tama match. I went *1/2 on it, fucking abysmal.

IIDXias

Re: Wrestling Omakase #54: G1 Climax, Extreme Rules & Attack on Titan w/ Kevin & Jack

Post by IIDXias » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:43 pm

even juice himself basically said he hated that match in the post-match promo haha. yeah, that fucking sucked

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:36 am

had a lot of fun on this. I'd also join you John for a wwe show (summerslam :P?)

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 am

I watched the Greatest Royal Rumble twice. Once in the evening here in Jordan online live and then a couple of days later with my dad on tv when it aired on cable. My dad used to always used to shit on wrestling because of how kayfabe got broken for him, but he got into wrestling again after that show, if only very casually. Total shit show, but he loves the hoss fights.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:07 pm

packerman120 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:36 am
had a lot of fun on this. I'd also join you John for a wwe show (summerslam :P?)
Hell, I'd pay double on the Petreon this month to make this happen. Other than the Year-End Awards show, this is my most anticipated Omakase episode to date. If not this, at least review Slammiversary 2018 (so that you would have an excuse to get Andrew Sinclair or Garnett Kidney on the show), maybe?

If it makes it more justified, I greatly enjoyed the Levy talk, and I don't know who he is.

rollup

Post by rollup » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:01 pm

i am fully supportive of a summerslam omakase :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: