Q&A (August 6): Call for Questions

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Q&A (August 6): Call for Questions

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Hey guys, I (Rich) have some free time tonight and want to record a Patreon-exclusive Q&A for everyone! Send over some questions and I'll try to get to each and every one.

Note: Questions can be wrestling or non-wrestling related.

Ckkj14

Re: Q&A (August 6): Call for Questions

Post by Ckkj14 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:06 pm

As the Blue Jays ain't winning it who's your prediction to win the World Series? Currently I'm saying the Red Sox

Best wrestling autobiography you've read?

When do you rate your matches? I'll notice when reviewing matches you'll sometimes not have a rating for a match. Do you write down a rating immediately after a match or will you wait for a bit?

Keep up the great work lads

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:12 pm

With the recent changes up top with Shane Strickland and Joey Janela becoming champions, coupled with many of the smaller independent promotions now being more readily accessible due to streaming services and the like and more promotions running Mania week shows, will Evolve/WWN end the year less relevant in the greater wrestling landscape than it began it?

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:17 pm

I know you and Joe mention how you met on a forum for I believe NCAA Football. Do you frequent any forums, be it wrestling or non-wrestling, nowadays, or have you "grown out of it", so to say?

Out of all of the current NJPW juniors, who is most likely to be a future IWGP Heavyweight champion, in your eyes?

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:30 pm

What was one wresting take or prediction that you made that you would take back?

For example, in my case I would take back my take from a couple of years ago that Tama Tonga has the potential to be a great singles worker and great new leader for the bullet club.
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:35 pm

-With OWE's invasion angle going on in Wrestle 1 do you ever see W1 becoming a major Japanese indy?

-You guys have been on the fence with CIMA as a hall of famer for a while now. With his involvement in China, and the major influence he has over there, he would be a lock for the hall of fame right? I think you could even vote him in based solely on influence at this point. Even above the hall of fame, how does CIMA rank among the top tier most important people in wrestling history as far as influence goes?

-Before Defy poped up in the northwest, Seattle was pretty much an untested market for wrestling, especially in the last few decades. Do you see another "Defy type" promotion poping up anywhere? What other non wrestling cities would be cool to have a super Indy?

-Do you ever watch non-PWG SoCal indys? The scene is getting really good out here, lots of guys with potential, and I feel the Shibata and heavy Lucha influences are really bringing up the scene. It's the best it's been, probally ever.

-Would you ever realisticly consider attending BOLA? Even today(August 6th) there are plenty of secondary market tickets avalaible being sold at face value. I would love for you to be able to experience a BOLA.

IIDXias

Post by IIDXias » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Please each give two wrestlers each that you're reevaluated this year, one positively and one negatively. So each give one wrestler who you weren't as high on that you've really come to enjoy a lot more in 2018, and vice-versa, name a wrestler who you used to really enjoy before this year but you've since soured on.

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:23 pm

I'm totally serious, this is a debate I've been having recently with my brother and would like you to weigh in. In a fight to the death scenario, do you think you have a better chance against a Rhino or a Giraffe?

My brother thinks Giraffe but I think they're too big and too fast, you couldn't do shit to it they're too tall. I reckon you'd have a better chance against a Rhino, you could at least get on it's back if you were lucky and then go from there. Obviously you'd probably just die against either of them because humans are weak and feeble, but if the situation arose where you were forced to do battle with one of them, which would you have the better chance of taking down?

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:07 am

- what is your general opinion of the Desi Hit Squad's run so far?

- would you ever consider bringing in one of the Wrestling Culture podcast's hosts as a guest on the Flagship?

- what does your current WON Tag Team of the Year listing look like?

- Sobe or VitaminWater?