WWE 2016 Cuts

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
RobViper13

Re: WWE 2016 Cuts

Post by RobViper13 » Sat May 07, 2016 1:28 am

Days like this are where it really hits home how valuable it would be to everyone involved in the business if there was a legit #2. Instead I just see a bunch of "well I hope (insert name) makes a name for himself so WWE comes calling him again soon." So the cycle of being misused can continue? One of the biggest flaws about Vince (& HHH which people will come to find if they haven't already) is when he decides you are something, you are that thing forever. He does not change his opinion on you. You can get over, you can get better at whatever it is he claims you need to improve on... at the end of the day you are pigeon-holed into what he thinks you were from day one. I think a lot of newer fans don't really understand how much a legit #2 actually helps the business overall.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat May 07, 2016 2:04 am

RobViper13 wrote:Days like this are where it really hits home how valuable it would be to everyone involved in the business if there was a legit #2. Instead I just see a bunch of "well I hope (insert name) makes a name for himself so WWE comes calling him again soon." So the cycle of being misused can continue? One of the biggest flaws about Vince (& HHH which people will come to find if they haven't already) is when he decides you are something, you are that thing forever. He does not change his opinion on you. You can get over, you can get better at whatever it is he claims you need to improve on... at the end of the day you are pigeon-holed into what he thinks you were from day one. I think a lot of newer fans don't really understand how much a legit #2 actually helps the business overall.
Sucks that the biggest opportunity to freshen up is a long term injury. Also WWE doesn't tend to rehire you unless you are main event or near main event or if you leave in circumstances where WWE wants to prove they are cool guys really by hiring you back (Alberto Del Rio).

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Sat May 07, 2016 2:13 am

Absolutely agree with Rob. Nearly every wrestler from the last generation benefited from the ability to jump between the two national promotions at that time. One "major league" promotion only works if the best and brightest are allowed to rise to the top.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat May 07, 2016 2:20 am

Does anyone know much about or have even attended Hornswoggle's indie feud ACW:

https://twitter.com/ACW_Wisconsin

Was always this quirky little thing. He's been on podcasts under his real name promoting it in the past and stuff.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Sat May 07, 2016 4:16 am

I wouldn't feel too confident about being a WWE homegrown talent the way the winds are blowing lately. WWE is clearly more focused on TNA's top talent and guys who are big in the indies or overseas and giving them the push. Sure you got Roman, Miz and 2/3 of the New Day, but its guys like Styles, Owens and Sami that they are hitching their wagon to.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Sat May 07, 2016 9:43 am

I see Rovert had a field day yesterday. And another one today probably.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat May 07, 2016 2:42 pm

The idea that Summer Rae was saved by Cameron screwing up keeps being presented to me.
Chismo wrote:I see Rovert had a field day yesterday. And another one today probably.
How so?

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Sat May 07, 2016 6:05 pm

rovert wrote:
Chismo wrote:I see Rovert had a field day yesterday. And another one today probably.
How so?
- Spring cleaning
- Who's next?
- "Cryptic tweets"
- Backstage drama
- Where they go next, and who comes instead of them to fill quotas?
- Rumors
- More rumors

Seriously, this is a heaven for BTS marks.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Sat May 07, 2016 7:38 pm

If Summer Rae gets on the chopping block, I'll be pissed. She's basically a great utility player in the women's division - no match of the year contenders but put her in a role, and she delivers. Her character work, especially as a heel, and all the little touches she puts into matches are fun to watch. She's also a fan, knows the business a fair bit and therefore isn't going to botch finishes ala Cameron.

Then I just realized who else was a great utility player ... Sandow. Fuck.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun May 08, 2016 7:37 pm

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon May 09, 2016 2:15 am

Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Live on Sunday said there might be more WWE release announcements on Monday. There's the name of a formerly pushed NXT wrestler that is floating around around in the connection to this tonight. It isn't Itami calm down.

As I already disclosed I heard that Summer Rae, Adam Rose and Jack Swagger were set to be released according to a list I was given. Swagger is probably the most likely of the three this stage to be released tomorrow if there are releases.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon May 09, 2016 9:25 am

rovert wrote:The idea that Summer Rae was saved by Cameron screwing up keeps being presented to me.
Meltzer

:|

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon May 09, 2016 1:57 pm

I have no idea why they'd cut Summer Rae. I'm not exactly a huge fan, but with a "growing" women's division, it seems a little weird to get rid of a capable enhancement talent on a roster of women that seems pretty light at the moment anyway. I haven't read anything about her being a potential twat backstage though...so...idk, but if she isn't (and she can't be close to the problem a Lana is), I don't understand.

btw - big things for SWAGS if he goes to Japan. Adam Rose would draw a SUPER NO VACANCY against Great Power Uti on the African scene...however, I'd guess he'd pair up with PJ Black on the Indie scene and do his thing there.

Uhaacrews

Post by Uhaacrews » Mon May 09, 2016 4:54 pm

I've been thinking Swagger isn't long for WWE ever since Dave reported about a current WWE name who was looking into trying MMA once his deal was up. Heofficially confirmed that it was in fact Swagger a few weeks ago when people thought Swagger tweeted about being done with WWE.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon May 09, 2016 7:40 pm