WWE 2016 Cuts

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Re: WWE 2016 Cuts

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue May 24, 2016 6:17 pm

PKThree wrote:
BoxingRobes wrote:
The only avenue that, I see, is a reputable one for hoarding the non-wrestlers are former football players and collegiate wrestlers. The body builders and strongmen, et al...the fitness models or even worse, video vixens...meh.
At least former pro athletes come in with a work ethic that fits in with wrestling and usually have no problem working their way up from ground zero.
I agree.

Its the only recruitment tool they have over a regular job to these college educated, former athletes. Paid training.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue May 24, 2016 6:35 pm

I will pound this drum until the day I die, but they really need to start farming gymnasts. Always in excellent physical condition, pound for pound core strength is top notch, and as wrestling becomes more and more athletic over time their pure athleticism fits another bill. No pro circuit to speak of, so it should be just as easy to talk them into giving it a go as it is for amateur wrestlers who want to avoid the cubicle life post college.

outlaw911

Post by outlaw911 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:04 pm

here are some folks I could see gone from the WWE by the end of 2016

Big Show-Yea,We all knows it will never happen but I think it time for him to be show the door he not what he use to be
Curtis Axel-Sad but only think it time to cut him
Darren Young-Him being gay is the only thing helping to keep his job but I think it will so come to an end
Kane-With him possible running for Mayor we could be seeing him retire soon
Erick Rowan-It odd man out of the wyatts
Fandango-It could be coming to end seeing that he been job out
Jack Swagger-I could see him walking away from the WWE soon
Mark Henry-We could see him retire soon
R-Truth-We can only hope
Rosa-It will happen

and Kevin Dunn
I know he will never be fire by Vince I think if someone buy him out dUNN WILL TAKE THE MONEYS AND RUN FOR THE HILL

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Tue May 24, 2016 7:07 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:I will pound this drum until the day I die, but they really need to start farming gymnasts. Always in excellent physical condition, pound for pound core strength is top notch, and as wrestling becomes more and more athletic over time their pure athleticism fits another bill. No pro circuit to speak of, so it should be just as easy to talk them into giving it a go as it is for amateur wrestlers who want to avoid the cubicle life post college.

Size (or lack thereof) would be an issue for many. Other than that, spot on.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue May 24, 2016 7:15 pm

Dave is very well connected.

PWInsider weeks ago said there would be more releases after Extreme Rules. So Friday afternoon might be interesting.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Tue May 24, 2016 7:56 pm

rovert wrote:Dave is very well connected.

PWInsider weeks ago said there would be more releases after Extreme Rules. So Friday afternoon might be interesting.

I hate to see people lose their jobs, and I wish no ill on the workers, but I still feel like there's plenty of fat to trim. They began this year way overstuffed. There's an obvious virtue to returning to a stable size, but with NXT as it is it's probably wiser to go even deeper and really make some slots for NXT call-ups, either imminently or for future growth.

It would really hurt NXT to follow up the thinned roster by taking Nakamura, Balor, and Joe, but they still ought to anyways. If NXT has to come to terms with its own "New Era," all the better. Take Gable and Jordan, too. Make 'em vacate and have a tournament to settle the Tag Titles.

There are all kinds of creative ways to reset NXT, and the main roster should make that kind of room in cuts sooner rather than later for both roster's sake.

Uhaacrews

Post by Uhaacrews » Tue May 24, 2016 8:05 pm

Garuda wrote:
rovert wrote:Dave is very well connected.

I hate to see people lose their jobs, and I wish no ill on the workers, but I still feel like there's plenty of fat to trim. They began this year way overstuffed. There's an obvious virtue to returning to a stable size, but with NXT as it is it's probably wiser to go even deeper and really make some slots for NXT call-ups, either imminently or for future growth.

It would really hurt NXT to follow up the thinned roster by taking Nakamura, Balor, and Joe, but they still ought to anyways. If NXT has to come to terms with its own "New Era," all the better. Take Gable and Jordan, too. Make 'em vacate and have a tournament to settle the Tag Titles.

There are all kinds of creative ways to reset NXT, and the main roster should make that kind of room in cuts sooner rather than later for both roster's sake.
I would think they are getting ready to do this with the NXT talents. Probably not any time soon, but for down the road. The names you mentioned would be the next call ups for whenever WWE decides to call people up. As for replacements, I would think it would be Roode , EY, people from the first tryout camp this year and names from the Cruiser Classic. At least I hope this all that they have planned.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:36 pm

I'll never understand the obsession with having a Power Plant that manufactures stars from scratch. Recruit the best wrestlers from all over the world and let them do their thing.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:42 pm

Garuda wrote:

I hate to see people lose their jobs, and I wish no ill on the workers, but I still feel like there's plenty of fat to trim.
It sucks to say that, but you're absolutely right. There are probably two dozen wrestlers that could get replaced by NXT prospects and the company wouldn't skip a beat. In fact, it's probably necessary to shake things up.

Planet

Post by Planet » Tue May 24, 2016 8:57 pm

wac wrote:
mprentice84 wrote:Rhodes wasn't a top guy by any means, but that doesn't mean he was worthless.
Exactly! There's an entire rest of the card and hours and hours of weekly television outside of the main event picture. The company can still put effort into "good hands" who are never going to main event Wrestlemania. Guys like Rhodes and Sandow were never going to be a star or a top worker, but that doesn't need to be an excuse to never do anything with them.
Pretty indicative of a problem when Cody's post-retirement brother is consistently on Raw in a long term comedy angle and Cody's fighting to do anything but placeholder matches on Superstars. Weird in retrospect though that they just used one of their "big PPV celebrity angles" on him and the guy from Arrow at Summerslam. But Barrett was right there too, so I guess that meant about as much as it seemed like it meant

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Tue May 24, 2016 9:57 pm

Planet wrote:
wac wrote:
mprentice84 wrote:Rhodes wasn't a top guy by any means, but that doesn't mean he was worthless.
Exactly! There's an entire rest of the card and hours and hours of weekly television outside of the main event picture. The company can still put effort into "good hands" who are never going to main event Wrestlemania. Guys like Rhodes and Sandow were never going to be a star or a top worker, but that doesn't need to be an excuse to never do anything with them.
Pretty indicative of a problem when Cody's post-retirement brother is consistently on Raw in a long term comedy angle and Cody's fighting to do anything but placeholder matches on Superstars. Weird in retrospect though that they just used one of their "big PPV celebrity angles" on him and the guy from Arrow at Summerslam. But Barrett was right there too, so I guess that meant about as much as it seemed like it meant
Except Goldust is consistently entertaining, or at least amusing, in whatever role he asked to play. The only time Cody has been particularly interesting was, coincidentally, when teaming with said brother.

Cody could have had a long term role in the low to mid card, had he been willing to accept such a role. Those roles are important, and someone has to be a soldier rather than the general. That's why a guys like Heath Slater, Santino, Truth, and countless others have been so important over the years - an amusing and generally enjoyable lower card utility player.

That being said, once someone has been around for a decade, gone through numerous personality changes and essentially shown their limits, unless they are content with assuming their most suited role, it is best to cut bait.

The history of wrestling is rife with people hitting their peak, then slide down the card to varying degrees before moving on. Cycle of wrestling life. Someone like Cody getting 10 years is impressive, and not the historical norm.

With that in mind, and given the current depth of the roster, any number of long term talent would make sense to cut. Even supposed lifers may come to mutual agreements, you never know. There is quite a few unfamiliar faces out there ready and able to step up, as the AJ Styles experiment has shown, and there is a lot of talent in NXT, depending on how they plan to split such the roster.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue May 24, 2016 10:51 pm

Cody's shoot account:

Mogel

Post by Mogel » Wed May 25, 2016 1:48 am

Not exactly cut but Eden has left WWE

THE CAPTAIN Image YOUR CAPTAIN

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed May 25, 2016 2:24 am