WWE Women's Division

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Garuda

WWE Women's Division

Post by Garuda » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:50 am

I think we lost the new Women's thread in the forum reset. A new thread celebrates the idea of a new era of women's wrestling in WWE. Maybe it falls short, maybe it thrives, but I like the idea of giving it a new space.

rovert

Re: WWE Women's Division

Post by rovert » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:04 am

Wondered what happened. This is well worth a read:

KevinD

Post by KevinD » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:02 pm

It's amazing to me how quickly Paige became an afterthought

JML

Post by JML » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Kinda shocked that they are having Nattie and Alicia Fox go over to Dubai. Makes sense that the pic has them covered up.

Was last year the first time they started doing shows there?

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:36 am

@badboicasey created these roster graphics after the new NXT hires announced today:

That's a heck of a lot of women and with the new hires they are pretty much covered for any loss on the roster demographic, look or skill wise.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:20 pm

When you subtract Brie (retired), Nicki (career threatening injury), the girls who are managers mostly (Maryse and Lana) and some dead weight that will probably get cut soon (Tamina, Cameron, Rosa), the main roster could use some call ups soon because it's not as deep as the pic suggests.

But NXT is stacked. Very easy for a couple of them to get lost in the shuffle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JML

Post by JML » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:44 pm

I don't think they will cut/let Tamina's contract run out. She's pretty much a packaged deal now with Naomi and she might be side cast member for Total Divas now that Naomi is back on the show. The fanbase liked when she almost beat up a guy outside of a restaurant.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:47 pm

ODonnell wrote:When you subtract Brie (retired), Nicki (career threatening injury), the girls who are managers mostly (Maryse and Lana) and some dead weight that will probably get cut soon (Tamina, Cameron, Rosa), the main roster could use some call ups soon because it's not as deep as the pic suggests.

But NXT is stacked. Very easy for a couple of them to get lost in the shuffle

If either is stacked, it's the main roster. NXT was stacked, but now that WWE and NXT both want deep women's divisions, both need reinforcements.

On the main roster I count Sasha, Becky, Charlotte, Natalya, Paige, and Emma as talented women on the main, which isn't bad. Plus they have Eva Marie and Lana, who they like to feature prominently. Finally you have filler in the form of Naomi and Alicia, who I still haven't totally given up on. And I think they'll keep on Summer Rae and Tamina as low-carders.

NXT is pretty much just Bayley and Asuka, with Bayley earmarked for departure. NXT has many developing prospects, but no one's really there yet. They need the new hires, Athena to recover, or some real quick growth from the Alexa Bliss's of the world.

The main roster needed talent and they drafted it. I'd say they're in much better position at this second.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:27 am

Meh

JML

Post by JML » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:56 pm

rovert wrote:Meh

Like I said in the previous thread that got deleted, Nattie is just ok right now. Not great but ok. The Raw match was good but I saw some people on my Twitter TL overrating it. I personally don't know if I can watch a two month program of Charlotte vs Nattie.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:25 am

Like what they have done with Emma so far. I wonder the Emma/Becky feud is there to put Emma or Becky over. It is probably Emma as it would give Charlotte another heel challenger. I am expecting Becky vs Emma to be on the Payback pre show too.

Don't agree with EVERYTHING but this is a pretty good piece on Paige:
http://prowrestling.net/site/2016/04/14 ... ge-in-wwe/

Overly simplistic I know but WWE just doesn't know how to write for her character. Also she hasn't updated her look in any meaningful way.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:32 am

Summer is so underutilised

Skyjacker

Post by Skyjacker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:45 pm

Honestly, they would be better off slow-building Emma vs Becky to Extreme Rules and just do Sasha Banks vs Summer Rae on the Payback pre-show instead.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:32 pm

Skyjacker wrote:Honestly, they would be better off slow-building Emma vs Becky to Extreme Rules and just do Sasha Banks vs Summer Rae on the Payback pre-show instead.
Make the former a submission match.

Skyjacker

Post by Skyjacker » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:21 am

supersonic wrote:
Skyjacker wrote:Honestly, they would be better off slow-building Emma vs Becky to Extreme Rules and just do Sasha Banks vs Summer Rae on the Payback pre-show instead.
Make the former a submission match.

I am fine with that. I don't see this feud going just 1 PPV.