WWE Women's Division

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mprentice84

Re: WWE Women's Division

Post by mprentice84 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Grammarian wrote:The upcoming brand split could be a negative for the women's division simply due to numbers. There are far fewer women to begin with. Too bad they haven't been building up a lot of the women they have in NXT.
There's nowhere near the depth to split the women's crew. Pick a show to feature them on and give the other show the tags division.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu May 26, 2016 4:12 am

From the Observer:
Banks was injured on the 5/15 house show in Charlottesville, VA. The injury was said to be the same thing, a concussion, and a significant one. And again the company didn’t confirm it. She was working a trios match with Lynch & Paige as her partners against Eva Marie & Brooke & Lana. I don’t know the circumstances that led up to it, but Darrick Moore, the referee, accidentally kneed her in the head hard. She missed the weekend house shows and was replaced by Summer Rae. Banks wasn’t booked for Raw or Smackdown in recent weeks having nothing to do with injuries, but that they aren’t focusing on her until the planned big push later in the summer but a match with Charlotte for the title at SummerSlam. It’s not certain the severity of the injury and whether that will affect those plans, plus with concussions, everyone responds differently as some are back in a few days and others are never the same, and they are going to be err on the side of caution after the Bryan Danielson situation. In the case of Banks, the injury was a fluke and not her fault. The bad part of this is Vince McMahon has on several occasions said he believes Banks only knows one speed and that’s all out, and even months ago was comparing her with Daniel Bryan, feeling she’s injury-prone. That label isn’t a kiss of death, but there does come a point where if there are too many injuries they can get leery and you never know when that point is since Vince has put the two in the same category.
Glad Vince knows what's up.

JML

Post by JML » Thu May 26, 2016 5:12 am

I thought to myself months ago that Rob Naylor should've gave Sasha a Negro Casas DVD Comp instead of a Eddie Comp so she model herself after Casas who is still going strong today.

I heard Fredo from Luchaworld say that Casas is still healthy today cause he doesn't take crazy bumps like the younger guys do. But that thought went out the window when Casas was took that flip over powerbombs to the floor from Volador Jr at H2L.

I don't know what is the solution for her to tone down her style. She's a great big bumper, which most of the women in the WWE main roster don't do well.

I can only imagine in a couple of years what Vince will think when the girls like Athena come up to the main roster cause what I've seen from her and Nikki Storm, they can do a high impact style too. I'm not saying this is gonna be STARDOM Main event level bumping but it's gonna be there.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri May 27, 2016 12:28 am

Good news about Sasha.
Sasha Banks has been cleared to work after what is believed to have been a concussion. She will be working in Winnipeg and LaCrosse, WI at the house shows this weekend. Not sure about TV. On the original plans for Money in the Bank, she was to have a match and to return to TV to build it.
I await her new ground based style.

http://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/ ... urn-213486

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Fri May 27, 2016 12:35 am

rovert wrote:Good news about Sasha.
Sasha Banks has been cleared to work after what is believed to have been a concussion. She will be working in Winnipeg and LaCrosse, WI at the house shows this weekend. Not sure about TV. On the original plans for Money in the Bank, she was to have a match and to return to TV to build it.
I await her new ground based style.

http://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/ ... urn-213486

Fuckin' sunshine on a cloudy day. The previously presumed state of things was just heartbreaking.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri May 27, 2016 12:39 am

Danielle Matheson of Uproxx's reporting on Sasha was much more accurate and less alarmist than Meltzer's

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat May 28, 2016 12:57 am

People pulling it apart will be interesting. Both serious and Diva twitter.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:54 pm

So I found this amusing. The latest team for King of Trios is Team Original Divas Revolution: Mickie James, Victoria, and Jazz.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:51 am

Sasha confirms she had a concussion after a referee knee'd her in the head.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:10 am

The division has become 100% Fast Forward Filler again.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:32 am

This is pretty good once Becky calms down:

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:18 am

Bella's burying Creative is always great:

Skyjacker

Post by Skyjacker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:18 pm

That segment last night was awful. Really annoyed with how they're using Becky right now.

Off the top of my head here are the 3rd party talent used to promote or further this Charlotte Natalya feud: Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Dean Ambrose, Shane & Stephanie Mcmahon , The Usos, Paige, Becky Lynch, Dana Brooke, Dr.Phil and Charles Robinson.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:17 pm

Skyjacker wrote:That segment last night was awful. Really annoyed with how they're using Becky right now.

Off the top of my head here are the 3rd party talent used to promote or further this Charlotte Natalya feud: Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Dean Ambrose, Shane & Stephanie Mcmahon , The Usos, Paige, Becky Lynch, Dana Brooke, Dr.Phil and Charles Robinson.
WWE is in full "pad until Summerslam" mode, which is TWO PPVs away. Unfortunately the women have gotten the worst of it. Their roster is finally hefty enough to play around with, plus they have a brand split coming up. They should be heating up the division, especially if they're splitting it in two.

It's bored-Vince booking. Too easy to slide into old patterns.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:35 pm

Becky's hair on Smackdown. Man.

Seems to have got them fixed yesterday: