WWE C-Shows

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Mike

WWE C-Shows

Post by Mike » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:44 pm

Cesaro/Harper continue their great series of c-show matches this week on Main Event. Excellent match going about 10 minutes with a break. I'm so bummed that show doesn't run live on the Network anymore, but I just realized I'm able to pick up the new episodes on hulu+, the former home of NXT. It'll likely be up on the Network in two weeks since that seems to be the schedule for these to be added. The current new Main Event on the Network has their first match. They did a second match on 6/26 Superstars.

Neville/Slater and PTP/Ascension on Superstars this week was helped with a hot Chicago crowd. Decent enough show to watch that's not taking up too much of your time if you just watch the two matches and skip the recap stuff.

Morten VH

Re: WWE C-Shows

Post by Morten VH » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:11 pm

Had to watch Neville/Slater on Superstars this week. It's not often you get to see what Slater can actually do in the ring.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:14 pm

You can usually watch Superstars in under 20 minutes or so if you just watch the matches. They very occasionally throw in a backstage segment or interview, but usually not.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:02 pm

The 7/17 Superstars from this week has a six man tag with The Ascension/Bo Dallas vs. Lucha Dragons/Zack Ryder that is mostly average faces vs. heels match, but has a real hot finish to it with the Lucha Dragons. This would actually be a decent match for a preshow.

The 6/30 Main Event now on the Network has Harper vs. Swagger in Hoss Division action. It's goes about nine minutes and is just a slugfest. Real hot last couple of minutes that could have used a hotter crowd, but the effort was there. Harper is maybe the most underutilized guy in the company now, but maybe things may change if he joins up with Bray.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:46 am

Bo Dallas made me laugh, when he said R-Truth weren't even good at "hip-hopping".

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:10 pm

Neville/Bo on Superstars wasn't much, but really made me realize that here's the two guys main eventing the first ever NXT special on the Network and now they're just having five minute matches on the C show. Both matches were too short.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:18 am

I actually really liked the New Day vs. Lucha Dragons match on Main Event!

DIFH

Post by DIFH » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:10 am

Lucha Dragons had a series on main event in January/Feb before they were officially called up against Tyson and Cesaro that I thought was excellent. As well as the Cesaro/Sin Cara singles

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Thought Swagger/Barrett was a good match, and maybe the best Superstars match this year. Swagger had the crowd behind him being his home state and him and Barrett didn't mail it in for what is essentially RAW preshow. They went at it hard and Swagger took a few big-sized bumps here. Fun match for two guys this company doesn't give a shit about.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Cesaro has been on fire once again the last few weeks, with great matches against both Bo Dallas, Heath Slater & Adam Rose. Slater is obviously a very underrated jobber, that can really go, and i'd go so far as giving that match ***1/2. That was excellent. The Dallas match was also entertaining, but that was mostly because Cesaro is so great.

RyanDavisSpeaks

Post by RyanDavisSpeaks » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:25 am

I have yet to get into Main Event, but Superstars could be an excellent watch sometimes. Once you get through Adam Rose and such and can watch the entertainment of Bo Dallas as well as Cesaro and Swagger doing their thing, it's a good show.

Did any of you watch the latest Superstars with Cesaro vs. Rose? It was truly incredible how far this company is going to cool down Cesaro. They had Rose go out on a C-Show and:
1) Call Cesaro a party pooper
2) Insult Cesaro on his English
3) Remind him that he is facing Rose while Owens, Rollins and Ambrose are superstars

All of that was said to Cesaro by Rose who isn't even in a feud with him nor in a match that matters. Are they serious?

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:29 pm

I don't see how a heel running down a face even if they're not in a feud is a problem.

Cesaro being cooled down is a problem, but I don't see how this is.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:34 pm

Adam Rose said "And you're just stuck here, wrestling with me". As in he said, that you couldn't fall any lower, than wrestling with himself. As in Adam Rose said he was the lowest guy on the totem-pole. As in Adam Rose said that he himself sucks.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:07 pm

Becky vs Brie is a good/serviceable match but you need to check it out for how over Brie is in her hometown:

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:12 pm

Kalisto/Viktor had a fun little match this week on Superstars. Nothing big, but solid stuff.

I'd say Main Event is worth a watch every week for at least a Steen or Rusev or Swagger match. What kills it though is WWE Network airing it a month after the hulu airing or airing overseas.