WWE C-Shows

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
rovert

Re: WWE C-Shows

Post by rovert » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:05 am

Sasha Banks vs Summer Rae was good fun on Main Event this week. A showcase of Summer's character work and kicks and Sasha's dynamism. Just ignore Ziggler channeling Matt Striker:

JML

Post by JML » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:23 am

rovert wrote:Sasha Banks vs Summer Rae was good fun on Main Event this week. A showcase of Summer's character work and kicks and Sasha's dynamism. Just ignore Ziggler channeling Matt Striker:

I wanted to enjoy this but Dolph Ziggler is too horrendous to ignore on commentary. He makes Jimmy Uso the Hubie Brown of the wrestlers that do color commentary. Ruined the match for me.

Skyjacker

Post by Skyjacker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:39 pm

rovert wrote:Sasha Banks vs Summer Rae was good fun on Main Event this week. A showcase of Summer's character work and kicks and Sasha's dynamism. Just ignore Ziggler channeling Matt Striker:

It's amazing how criminally underutilized Summer is. The match was Okay for what little time it got. Take Dolph off commentary and Summer's promo and match is much more enjoyable for my ears. It was more Mauro Ranallo than Matt Striker.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:15 pm

Rusev/Ryder from this weeks Main Event is worth a watch.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:40 pm

Given that they catered to my specific tastes with last night's Main Event, I gave it a go for the first time in close to...nine months, I think?
Nothing above average, but it was good to see The Shining Stars doing their thing again, for whatever reason they may be my "act to watch" right now in WWE. The episode itself would be a good "fortune cookie" to have at the end of a tag wrestling binge: mostly quick, easily digestible matches with straightforward stories (and several teams trying new "little things" throughout).

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:29 pm

DETROIT_KEJB wrote:Rusev/Ryder from this weeks Main Event is worth a watch.
Probably the best C-show match this year

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Very close to hand waving post-Brand Split C-Shows. Most of the overlooked talent work the main shows now and the Main Event is now formatted like Superstars with less matches and more recap videos.

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:27 pm

Yeah, I was all about them, but Superstars has been dry these last couple weeks now. Swagger and X vs. the Dudleys are very basic, sadly. I'd love to see Bubba/Swagger in a singles.

But this week is Jack Swagger vs. Jinder Mahal and Sami Zayn vs. Curtis Axel. I have hopes for the latter.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:54 pm

The best wrestling should be on the primary major league programs, not the C-Shows, developmental, or underground.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:58 pm

This might be a temporary bubble. I have no idea what they're doing with the Cruiserweight division, but it seems like it'd push a RAW match or two back onto Superstars, and maybe whatever Cruiserweights who get flown in but don't make the main show there too. It doesn't help these shows be any better now, but seems worth checking back in later on.

In a dream world of logistics, Superstars would revert to being the RAW/SD! combo show for the main division and Main Event would be converted to a cruiserweight focused show (maybe 2-3 matches taped on Tuesdays before SmackDown?) But that's more effort than they've historically put into these things.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:55 pm

I like the idea of just sprinkling Cruisers in here and there to kill 10m. Cruisers should have been on both shows though. Not a perma-crew for each brand, but guys that bounce around and just kill some time on these shows. Shit runs way too long as both Raw and SD try and eat time with non-ring material. Cruisers would supplement a nice chunk of time that doesn't require backstory...just two guys working and doing flips for the crowd.

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:43 pm

Add Swagger/Rusev from Superstars this past weekend to your watch pile.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:55 pm

Thank you for keeping this updated. Helps me with my completionist Road to WM Weekend reviewing project.

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:03 pm

A lot of Superstars matches are very by the book, opener for the live crowd to get them to pop. It's nothing against the wrestlers - if anything, they're doing a great job at it - by having a basic match with face/heel dynamic to have the crowd to react to get them ready for the live show. But every now and then them kick out the jams and have a good in-ring match.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:43 pm

Good Superstars this week with the cruiser six man tag and Neville/Titus.