WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
van Fair

Re: Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by van Fair » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:51 pm

The Fray Movement wrote:There's a statement forthcoming but apparently there's an ISIS threat directed at Survivor Series tomorrow. The FBI is already involved.
Obviously they will have to investigate it. But most likely some 13 year old that hates Reigns did it because lolz or some shit like that.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:28 pm

van Fair wrote: Obviously they will have to investigate it. But most likely some 13 year old that hates Reigns did it because lolz or some shit like that.
Apparently Anonymous dug it up along with the supposed planned future attacks in Paris. So while as you said it can be a prank. They are right in taking it seriously.

But I didn't expect Daesh to take this thread title so seriously tho.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:33 pm

What a time to be alive for the co-opted hipster media:
According to a source that TopRopePress.com spoke to on condition of anonymity, WWE has made drastic changes to their policy as it relates to media contact with their superstars following this week’s RAW controversy.

Following the backlash to the Charlotte/Paige contract signing that closed RAW on Monday (where the late Reid Flair’s death was brought up in poor taste as part of storyline), WWE has now apparently restricted the ability for their wrestlers to make appearance on independent internet radio/podcast programs.

While WWE formerly would occassionally allow talent to make these appearances, on the condition that in most circumstances all questions would be submitted to WWE ahead of time for approval, these appearances are now reportedly all off the table for the time being.

Our source brought up the fact that Dean Ambrose recently appeared on an internet radio show, to which WWE replied, “No more.” Further, the un-named WWE source went on to say, “I am so sorry, not to mention embarrassed, to have to tell you this” (concerning WWE’s new policy).

One certainly comes to the conclusion that the company has made the policy change as a direct reaction to the poor publicity they received following this week’s RAW angle, in an attempt to avoid hard-hitting questions on the controversy. If that is not the case, the timing is a massive coincidence.

The new policy makes it appear as though WWE only wants talent appearing on programs where they can control the entire creative direction of the program. For example, it’s expected that talent will continue to appear on Sam Roberts’ radio show, as Roberts has an on-going working relationship with WWE. Another example includes the recent appearances of stars on ESPN’s SportsCenter; these appearances are fluff pieces with a former WWE employee (Jonathan Coachman) designed to not bring up any hard hitting questions or real news coverage of the wrestling industry.
http://www.topropepress.com/news/18597/ ... ontroversy

wac

Post by wac » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:41 pm

PKThree wrote:
van Fair wrote: Obviously they will have to investigate it. But most likely some 13 year old that hates Reigns did it because lolz or some shit like that.
Apparently Anonymous dug it up along with the supposed planned future attacks in Paris. So while as you said it can be a prank. They are right in taking it seriously.
If the FBI and Atlanta PD are both saying there's no credible evidence of a threat then it doesn't really seem like Anonymous dug up anything legitimate at all

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Vince McMahon giving North Korea pointers on how to control its subjects.

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:07 pm

wac wrote:
Shining Wiz wrote:I'll be curious to see how everyone reacts to it apparently having been Charlotte's idea.
lol
Yeah....cause there's no chance that happened right? OBVIOUSLY the big evil company forced the powerless girl into saying the MOST HEINOUS THING EVER.

How stupid of me to thing a grown adult might actually come up with this kind of a idea on her own.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:46 pm

Can't wait to watch the outrage, after Reigns beats Ambrose tonight, and then the PPV fades to black with Ambrose raising Reigns hand in respect.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:12 pm

This is probably the least interested I've been in a WWE PPV since whatever the show was before Elimination Chamber. While I expect to enjoy at least a few of the matches (WWE PPVS generally deliver minus the occasional suspect booking), there isn't anything jumping out to me as 'must see.'

I'm shocked there's been no pre-show or elimination matches announced even though I expect both to take place. No match for New Day either, though they'll most certainly appear in some capacity.

supersonic

Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by supersonic » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Your fault if you watch it instead of Bengals @ Cardinals.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:37 pm

@JRsBBQ: Hearing that @WWECesaro is having shoulder issues that will likely require surgery soon. If true, we wish him our best. Quality person.

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:56 pm

That's what relentless touring does to your body.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:02 pm

mlev76 wrote:This is probably the least interested I've been in a WWE PPV since whatever the show was before Elimination Chamber. While I expect to enjoy at least a few of the matches (WWE PPVS generally deliver minus the occasional suspect booking), there isn't anything jumping out to me as 'must see.'

I'm shocked there's been no pre-show or elimination matches announced even though I expect both to take place. No match for New Day either, though they'll most certainly appear in some capacity.
First one I'm not watching since I got the Network. Going to watch an old ROH DVD from 2010 instead.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:48 am

Shining Wiz wrote:
wac wrote:
Shining Wiz wrote:I'll be curious to see how everyone reacts to it apparently having been Charlotte's idea.
lol
Yeah....cause there's no chance that happened right? OBVIOUSLY the big evil company forced the powerless girl into saying the MOST HEINOUS THING EVER.

How stupid of me to thing a grown adult might actually come up with this kind of a idea on her own.
You are just a blast to talk to, a complete and utter blast.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:58 am

Can Vince Jr. finally have that debilitating stroke so NXT Paul can take over the WWF and lead it to the promised land?

Wiretaup

Post by Wiretaup » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:05 am

Reigns is done. He will never be The Guy.

Congrats to whoever has been trying to kill him. What a fascinating 18 months it's been.