WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
syxxpakk

Re: Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:35 pm

You really watched all of that? Geez.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:55 pm

syxxpakk wrote:You really watched all of that? Geez.
You're making it sound so bad.... :?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:17 pm

Morten VH wrote:
I understand the A shows and NXT, but really, if I even had inkling of getting burnt out, I'd drop Main Event and Superstars immediately. Hell, over the last few years, dropping Smackdown or at least watching selectively on DVR would be the move.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:35 pm

Main Event & Superstars are often the best shows of the week.

SmackDown is absolute garbage most weeks though.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:59 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Morten VH wrote:
I understand the A shows and NXT, but really, if I even had inkling of getting burnt out, I'd drop Main Event and Superstars immediately. Hell, over the last few years, dropping Smackdown or at least watching selectively on DVR would be the move.
If anything I'd advocate the opposite; keep NXT, Superstars, Main Event, and drop Raw/Smackdown. NXT is NXT, but the B shows are capable of producing some really fun stuff and are devoid of all the bullshit from the main shows.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:03 pm

Morten VH wrote:
It's just a lot.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

wac

Post by wac » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:44 pm

I saw someone on Twitter last night compare Vince to late NJPW period Inoki in terms of damaging pro wrestling in their respective countries. It made me realize that Vince has been destroying potential superstars through booking worked matches and storylines he has 100% control over in the way Inoki only did through booking people in shoots he had no control over.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:24 am

I feel as though not a single thing of importance has happened on Smackdown since Heyman was booking it. I haven't watched Smackdown since and I've missed nothing.

izzac99

Post by izzac99 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:08 am

Just Enjoy Wrestling for what it is, Stupid stuff happens all the time and if you focus on it , it will ruin all of your watching and then whats the point in watching in the first place? to complain on the internet? . NXT is the most compelling one hour program in wrestling, though ROH and Lucha mostly does have better in-ring, NXT has better story-lines and makes you invest in the characters more. RAW the last 2 months has been pretty good and a lot of great wrestling and most of 2015 RAW has had good matches Cena,Cesaro,Owens,Rollins,Ambrose and Neville have all had many great matches on a monday night . This past week's episode was very sub-par I will say. Just enjoy wrestling and if you don't like something don't watch it :)) Thats my first real post, Have a good one !

rwa2play

Post by rwa2play » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Morten VH wrote:I've had enough. I've watched every RAW, SmackDown, Main Event, Superstars & NXT for the last 6½ years without missing an episode, and now I've had enough. The thought of watching another WWE main roster show makes me want to puke, and i feel like the sheer stupidity of WWE makes me so angry & sad that it actually effects my personal life. I see it as an addiction that i need to get over, and i'm gonna try that now.

So fuck you WWE. Get the F out of my life. And yes i take this way too seriously.
You're a closet masochist aren't you? :lol:

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:24 pm

I'm anxiously awaiting the commentary that follows the release of tomorrow's (or Wednesday's if holidays delay things) Raw ratings to see if 1) those claiming gloom and doom finally acknowledge the real reason why last week's rating was so bad; and/or 2) This week's show is actually a little better and those crying foul claim their voices were heard.

Of course, if they don't come back, it will be firm proof that the ratings are directly attributable to the storylines and not football. But, I suspect those 2 million + people who the NFL got last week won't be watching the Ravens vs. Browns and a decent amount if not all of the lost 300k will return.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Football likely contributed to it being a record low but not to the ratings slide.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:49 pm

rwa2play wrote:
Morten VH wrote:I've had enough. I've watched every RAW, SmackDown, Main Event, Superstars & NXT for the last 6½ years without missing an episode, and now I've had enough. The thought of watching another WWE main roster show makes me want to puke, and i feel like the sheer stupidity of WWE makes me so angry & sad that it actually effects my personal life. I see it as an addiction that i need to get over, and i'm gonna try that now.

So fuck you WWE. Get the F out of my life. And yes i take this way too seriously.
You're a closet masochist aren't you? :lol:
Well....... :oops:
BoxingRobes wrote:I feel as though not a single thing of importance has happened on Smackdown since Heyman was booking it. I haven't watched Smackdown since and I've missed nothing.
There was a great run in 2009, but besides that, no you haven't. I LOVED 09' SmackDown with Punk vs. Hardy for the world title and Jericho vs. Mysterio for the IC title. Those were good times! But since '10, SmackDown has been garbage.
BillThompson wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
Morten VH wrote:
If anything I'd advocate the opposite; keep NXT, Superstars, Main Event, and drop Raw/Smackdown. NXT is NXT, but the B shows are capable of producing some really fun stuff and are devoid of all the bullshit from the main shows.
Keeping up with the WWE product through Main Event only, wouldn't be a bad idea actually. That show delivers almost every week.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Football likely contributed to it being a record low but not to the ratings slide.

The slide is real and clearly a response to something. The specific "sky is falling/last week's rating is a reflection on the results of Survivor Series" narrative, I believe, is bs. Guess we'll see.

wac

Post by wac » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:08 am

Five episodes of Smoky Mountain Wrestling, three of Mid-South, and some more World Championship Wrestlings added to the network