WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
User avatar
mlev76
Posts: 2576
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:32 pm
Location: New York, New York
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by mlev76 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Planet wrote:
Grammarian wrote:I also think WWE (Vince) don't really 'get' Karl Anderson and don't see anything in him yet. I've noticed he takes all the pinfalls for the team and was the first pinned in the Raw elimination match. Based on things subtle and not so subtle (graphics, the order they are announced, etc.), I get the sense that WWE views Gallows as the leader or top guy of the two (he's tall!), and see Karl Anderson as bland or boring.

I think it's fair to point out that Karl Anderson has been stripped of things which were part of his overall act. He's no longer the 'Machine Gun' and as such he doesn't do the machine gun taunt as his name is being announced. He can no longer use the Gun-Stun and other RKO/Stunner variants. He doesn't get to go all out with his personality.

There are people within the organization who clearly know what he can do (Matt Bloom), but I'm not sure the key decision-makers do.
In my heart I believe that Karl is a smart enough guy to learn how to create more opportunities for himself and to add to his act and counteract what's been taken away from him. The process may take some time, but I don't personally worry for him at all. In fact falling down the card in terms of visibility may help take the pressure off and aid him in finding his "WWE persona".

On a completely different note, what's the consensus on the Vaudevillains since Payback? It seems that there's an upswell of critical opinions that have turned the corner on them and like them as a main roster gimmick.
I have been positive about them ever since they debuted on the main roaster and feel like they've done a great job of proving the naysayers wrong. They came up at the right time (no decent unoccupied heel team to face the New Day) and got extra heat, right or wrong, from the Enzo injury. Timing and luck have certainly been on their side and they've managed to deliver when the opportunity presented themselves.

User avatar
ayaashm
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 am
Location: Kashmir
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by ayaashm » Sun May 22, 2016 1:25 am

Cody Rhodes has asked for his release.
Also, Del Rio having no shame whatso everhttp://i.imgur.com/ZDzm17G.jpg
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

User avatar
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member
Posts: 1502
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by BoxingRobes » Sun May 22, 2016 4:46 am

Del Rio really working his way up the Robes Power Rankings.

User avatar
ayaashm
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 am
Location: Kashmir
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by ayaashm » Sun May 22, 2016 4:59 am

Will not be shocked if he's wearing a shirt with that written at house shows
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

User avatar
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:58 pm

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by H.U.S.T.L.E. » Mon May 23, 2016 3:44 pm

ayaashm wrote:Styles, IMO, if he's moved down will get the title and do some cool defenses against good workers i.e Neville, Zayn etc. till Nakamura comes up and they have that for SummerSlam or some PPV.

Also, WHC picture is going to revolve around Brock,Ambrose/Owens, Rollins and Reigns. I think they have two options for Mania : Shield triple threat and Cena-Reigns. Both are big time match ups.

MiTB will (IMO) include Owens,Styles,Zayn,Cesaro,Ambrose,Del Rio and Sheamus. Ambrose or Owens have been protected/gotten big wins ( over Jericho).
Moving this from the Extreme Rules thread since it's more about the next steps for these guys...

While I'd love to see Styles in the IC title picture and have badass matches with dudes like Neville & Zayn, my bet is that his next program will be feuding with Balor/Anderson/Gallows for the foreseeable future. I think there's plenty of juice left with The Club and it's a program that doesn't need a title.

The direction of the midcard titles will be one to watch as now heels have both the US & IC championships. For Miz, I think putting him up against Big Cass is a good short-term program for both parties. Cass has something to do while Enzo is out and Miz can get another cheap win while you build up the next babyface challenger to dethrone him (maybe this is where Zayn comes back in). I feel like there's going to be a dearth of good guys to challenge Rusev though.

As far as the main event scene goes, it's hard to get a read on the long-term picture there. Reigns/Cena has been rumored for Summerslam - I say you do that match now. As Joe & Rich have said on the podcast recently, you can't always bank on future matchups with the potential for injuries. I think the Shield triple threat is the way to go. While it's hard to see Roman holding the title for a full year, I don't see the logical choice to dethrone him before Mania. Give Ambrose the MITB win, let Rollins win the Rumble and then you can have them both challenge for the title at Mania 33.

User avatar
mlev76
Posts: 2576
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:32 pm
Location: New York, New York
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by mlev76 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:49 pm

H.U.S.T.L.E. wrote:
ayaashm wrote:Styles, IMO, if he's moved down will get the title and do some cool defenses against good workers i.e Neville, Zayn etc. till Nakamura comes up and they have that for SummerSlam or some PPV.

Also, WHC picture is going to revolve around Brock,Ambrose/Owens, Rollins and Reigns. I think they have two options for Mania : Shield triple threat and Cena-Reigns. Both are big time match ups.

MiTB will (IMO) include Owens,Styles,Zayn,Cesaro,Ambrose,Del Rio and Sheamus. Ambrose or Owens have been protected/gotten big wins ( over Jericho).
Moving this from the Extreme Rules thread since it's more about the next steps for these guys...

While I'd love to see Styles in the IC title picture and have badass matches with dudes like Neville & Zayn, my bet is that his next program will be feuding with Balor/Anderson/Gallows for the foreseeable future. I think there's plenty of juice left with The Club and it's a program that doesn't need a title.

The direction of the midcard titles will be one to watch as now heels have both the US & IC championships. For Miz, I think putting him up against Big Cass is a good short-term program for both parties. Cass has something to do while Enzo is out and Miz can get another cheap win while you build up the next babyface challenger to dethrone him (maybe this is where Zayn comes back in). I feel like there's going to be a dearth of good guys to challenge Rusev though.

As far as the main event scene goes, it's hard to get a read on the long-term picture there. Reigns/Cena has been rumored for Summerslam - I say you do that match now. As Joe & Rich have said on the podcast recently, you can't always bank on future matchups with the potential for injuries. I think the Shield triple threat is the way to go. While it's hard to see Roman holding the title for a full year, I don't see the logical choice to dethrone him before Mania. Give Ambrose the MITB win, let Rollins win the Rumble and then you can have them both challenge for the title at Mania 33.
I don't really see a logical way into a Club/Balor feud right now, so if that is the direction, I think it comes later. One way you could go with Styles is get him into a program with Cena and get him a win there. He may also end up in the MITB match but I would prefer he not be the briefcase holder.

Another route for Cena which might be good if they want to go back to the idea of him holding one of the two midcard belts is a feud with the Miz. Given Miz's claim to being an A-lister and Cena's actual ascent in Hollywood, it would make perfect sense.

Not quite sure how they do the Rollins/Reigns feud. It feels like it deserves a big blowoff, so I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the main event at Summerslam. But then, you also have Brock coming back.

Interesting place for WWE to be in now with almost TOO MUCH top quality talent.

User avatar
ayaashm
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 am
Location: Kashmir
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by ayaashm » Mon May 23, 2016 3:58 pm

H.U.S.T.L.E. wrote:
ayaashm wrote:Styles, IMO, if he's moved down will get the title and do some cool defenses against good workers i.e Neville, Zayn etc. till Nakamura comes up and they have that for SummerSlam or some PPV.

Also, WHC picture is going to revolve around Brock,Ambrose/Owens, Rollins and Reigns. I think they have two options for Mania : Shield triple threat and Cena-Reigns. Both are big time match ups.

MiTB will (IMO) include Owens,Styles,Zayn,Cesaro,Ambrose,Del Rio and Sheamus. Ambrose or Owens have been protected/gotten big wins ( over Jericho).
Moving this from the Extreme Rules thread since it's more about the next steps for these guys...

While I'd love to see Styles in the IC title picture and have badass matches with dudes like Neville & Zayn, my bet is that his next program will be feuding with Balor/Anderson/Gallows for the foreseeable future. I think there's plenty of juice left with The Club and it's a program that doesn't need a title.

The direction of the midcard titles will be one to watch as now heels have both the US & IC championships. For Miz, I think putting him up against Big Cass is a good short-term program for both parties. Cass has something to do while Enzo is out and Miz can get another cheap win while you build up the next babyface challenger to dethrone him (maybe this is where Zayn comes back in). I feel like there's going to be a dearth of good guys to challenge Rusev though.

As far as the main event scene goes, it's hard to get a read on the long-term picture there. Reigns/Cena has been rumored for Summerslam - I say you do that match now. As Joe & Rich have said on the podcast recently, you can't always bank on future matchups with the potential for injuries. I think the Shield triple threat is the way to go. While it's hard to see Roman holding the title for a full year, I don't see the logical choice to dethrone him before Mania. Give Ambrose the MITB win, let Rollins win the Rumble and then you can have them both challenge for the title at Mania 33.


Honestly, where Styles direction goes will factor in Balor debut and I had not even thought of that. That just shows the amount of talent they have racked up since they started raiding all the good guys.
I don't know if Vince will give Big Cass a loss so easily because Vince is in love with the guy (Meltz) and the Corbin train has stopped because Vince saw that he got over on his own w/out Enzo. Personally believe that it's too soon to give the title to Cass and I agree with you that it should be a short feud for the Miz.

Rusev w/Lana is a main event act. With Memorial Day coming up and Cena returning,hopefully he doesn't set his eyes on Rusev (it's been strongly hinted by Meltz and Alvarez). He has a lot of potential and Alvarez mentioned that they want to do more with the guy and that makes me very happy.

I think Cena-Reigns is a Mania level match and should be done properly like Rock-Cena. I think Shield Triple Threat will happen before that because they want to do Club x Shield.

I want Owens to win MiTB. But, I can easily see Ambrose winning it and looks like they're grooming him for it as well.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

User avatar
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:58 pm

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by H.U.S.T.L.E. » Mon May 23, 2016 4:05 pm

mlev76 wrote:Interesting place for WWE to be in now with almost TOO MUCH top quality talent.
This is why the company is so interesting to me right now.

There's a lot of depth in the talent pool and it's amazing that they've had a really good run of TV (in my opinion) without top guys like Cena, Brock, Rollins and even Orton (if you want to include him in that list like WWE wants us to believe). I'm late to the party, but they've done a good job of writing the show since Mania with somewhat of a skeleton crew. Not sure how long Jericho is sticking around, but if he leaves soon that's probably a good thing since there's so much talent returning.

User avatar
GuestTimekeeper
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Mon May 23, 2016 4:23 pm

Shield Triple Threat for Summerslam is what I would do. Get a screwy finish for the inevitable Rollins/Reigns match, get Ambrose involved in any number of ways (cause he's wacky!), and you have a killer main event for your second biggest show.

Reigns/Cena should be at Mania, no question, and they shouldn't even be in the same ring together until January.

User avatar
ayaashm
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 am
Location: Kashmir
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by ayaashm » Mon May 23, 2016 4:25 pm

GuestTimekeeper wrote:Shield Triple Threat for Summerslam is what I would do. Get a screwy finish for the inevitable Rollins/Reigns match, get Ambrose involved in any number of ways (cause he's wacky!), and you have a killer main event for your second biggest show.

Reigns/Cena should be at Mania, no question, and they shouldn't even be in the same ring together until January.

Ding! Ding! Ding! This is what I would go with.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

User avatar
ODonnell
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:48 am

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by ODonnell » Mon May 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Was at the show last night, pops for Big Cass, New Day, the four way, the main event, and the Rollins return weren't done justice after watching back on the network. The building SHOOK when everyone realized it was Rollins. Crowd was like 90% anti Roman, there were no dueling chants. Just Roman sucks or you still suck all night

But that fucking asylum died a death live. Just terrible.

User avatar
ayaashm
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 am
Location: Kashmir
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by ayaashm » Mon May 23, 2016 4:40 pm

ODonnell wrote:Was at the show last night, pops for Big Cass, New Day, the four way, the main event, and the Rollins return weren't done justice after watching back on the network. The building SHOOK when everyone realized it was Rollins. Crowd was like 90% anti Roman, there were no dueling chants. Just Roman sucks or you still suck all night

But that fucking asylum died a death live. Just terrible.

I heard dueling chants for Roman-Styles in the main. The asylum match was straight out of TNA-level bad.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

User avatar
mprentice84
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:25 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by mprentice84 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:04 pm

GuestTimekeeper wrote: Reigns/Cena should be at Mania, no question, and they shouldn't even be in the same ring together until January.
Absolutely. Biggest match they have.

User avatar
mlev76
Posts: 2576
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:32 pm
Location: New York, New York
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by mlev76 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:40 pm

mprentice84 wrote:
GuestTimekeeper wrote: Reigns/Cena should be at Mania, no question, and they shouldn't even be in the same ring together until January.
Absolutely. Biggest match they have.
Brock/Reigns II?

User avatar
mprentice84
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:25 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by mprentice84 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:08 pm

mlev76 wrote:
mprentice84 wrote:
GuestTimekeeper wrote: Reigns/Cena should be at Mania, no question, and they shouldn't even be in the same ring together until January.
Absolutely. Biggest match they have.
Brock/Reigns II?
Cena/Reigns is bigger.

Post Reply