WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
User avatar
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member
Posts: 1502
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon May 23, 2016 11:11 pm

supersonic wrote:Regarding lack of screen time, does the roster expect PPVs to now all be 4-5 hours to fit everyone? Do athletes forget they're never entitled to a particular push or roster spot once a hotter hand pops up?
I think one of the major issues is the fact that there is ample time on TV/PPV for everyone...but...they only feature the same group while everyone else is a cog or fodder.

This goes back to giving everyone something to do. You've got a seven figure budget on a creative team that doesn't maximize the roster. That is an indictment of itself...and its not all on the talent. While, it'd be easy to just point to Vince or HHH (because everything funnels through them), the recent blog posts by numerous talents shed a different light in that nothing is even getting to the that first level of the writing team so you have a bunch of guys on the hamster wheel and its likely not their fault or Vince/HHH's, its the liaisons between them.

User avatar
GuestTimekeeper
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Tue May 24, 2016 2:33 am

mlev76 wrote:
mprentice84 wrote:
GuestTimekeeper wrote: Reigns/Cena should be at Mania, no question, and they shouldn't even be in the same ring together until January.
Absolutely. Biggest match they have.
Brock/Reigns II?
Eh, seen it already. It was good, but nothing Brock or Reigns do makes me think part 2 would give me anything different. Though I guess part 2 would lack the feeling of dread I had in the pit of my stomach the entire time Roman got any offense in...

Cena/Reigns will be a modern day Hogan/Warrior. It's not only the biggest match WWE has up their sleeves, it's the most important.

User avatar
ayaashm
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 am
Location: Kashmir
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by ayaashm » Tue May 24, 2016 4:23 am

Brock x Reigns 2 will definitely happen because Brock has to lose to Roman. Don't know if that's Survivor Series or something after WM 33.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

User avatar
Planet
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:28 pm
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by Planet » Tue May 24, 2016 6:25 am

Good thing about doing the SHIELD triple threat at Summerslam soon is that you could probably still do it again at WrestleMania later on. If none of these guys are cut short by injury or anything else catastrophic they'll probably continue to be tied together for the rest of their careers. Same thing with Zayn/Owens, you expect them to go through the enemies-respected rivals-renewed rivalry route in the WWE proper unless something major gets in the way.

And it will be interesting to see who gets long term booking priority when talent like Balor, Nakamura and probably Joe get called up and make the card even more of a logjam.

User avatar
mlev76
Posts: 2576
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:32 pm
Location: New York, New York
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by mlev76 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:03 pm

GuestTimekeeper wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
mprentice84 wrote:
Absolutely. Biggest match they have.
Brock/Reigns II?
Eh, seen it already. It was good, but nothing Brock or Reigns do makes me think part 2 would give me anything different. Though I guess part 2 would lack the feeling of dread I had in the pit of my stomach the entire time Roman got any offense in...

Cena/Reigns will be a modern day Hogan/Warrior. It's not only the biggest match WWE has up their sleeves, it's the most important.
There was never an end to the original match and it was on its way to being a classic. Further, you have a year and a half+ of simmering anger, the fact Brock was never pinned and Roman's desire to prove himself.

The Cena/Reigns match will no doubt be great and big business, but I'm not sure if and when they'd be willing to pull the trigger. I almost feel like you do Brock/Reigns first, maybe next Mania, and then do Reigns/Cena at Mania 34.

User avatar
GuestTimekeeper
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Tue May 24, 2016 4:52 pm

On the other hand, who knows how much longer Cena will be around? His injuries are piling up, and he's getting more and more work outside the WWE. Do the match at this Mania and get the passing the torch moment over with.

I just had an awful thought. What if the plan for Reigns at Summerslam isn't the Shield. What if it's... Randy Orton?

User avatar
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member
Posts: 1502
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue May 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Cena should beat Reigns for the title.

A) Cena is eventually going to surpass Flair's kayfabe mark...might as well let the last few be memorable.
B) Reigns having to overcome Cena should be Reigns' Okada-Tanahashi moment (without the amazing Septology of matches spanning several years).

User avatar
Youk
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 5:20 pm

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by Youk » Tue May 24, 2016 5:46 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:Cena should beat Reigns for the title.

A) Cena is eventually going to surpass Flair's kayfabe mark...might as well let the last few be memorable.
B) Reigns having to overcome Cena should be Reigns' Okada-Tanahashi moment (without the amazing Septology of matches spanning several years).

Oh definetly. And before he is in full part-time mode. I can be into a few different Cena / Reigns title matches in the next few years.

My only question for you Robes is when would you have the first Cena/Reigns?

User avatar
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member
Posts: 1502
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue May 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Youk wrote:
BoxingRobes wrote:Cena should beat Reigns for the title.

A) Cena is eventually going to surpass Flair's kayfabe mark...might as well let the last few be memorable.
B) Reigns having to overcome Cena should be Reigns' Okada-Tanahashi moment (without the amazing Septology of matches spanning several years).

Oh definetly. And before he is in full part-time mode. I can be into a few different Cena / Reigns title matches in the next few years.

My only question for you Robes is when would you have the first Cena/Reigns?
SummerSlam.

Reigns run with the belt should be cut short, but other than Brock/Cena...not sure I see a fit to take it off of him. Maybe Rollins if you build it right.

Thanks for asking, person I've never chatted with before.

User avatar
Buzz Sawyer
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:42 pm

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue May 24, 2016 8:16 pm

Can someone tell me on why Apollo Crews is still on the main roster? He's not even close to being ready and his match with Jericho was just another horrible example of that.
Who's Rob Viper ?

User avatar
mprentice84
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:25 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by mprentice84 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:44 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:Can someone tell me on why Apollo Crews is still on the main roster? He's not even close to being ready and his match with Jericho was just another horrible example of that.
Not having a good match with Chris Jericho in 2016 isn't something that I'd hold that against anyone. Crews is working the road and learning how to best adopt his style to working 5+ days a week. His work on Superstars from a month ago to now is noticeably improved.

User avatar
mprentice84
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:25 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by mprentice84 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:05 pm

Atlanta announced as the home of the Super Bowl in 2019. What are the chances they get WrestleMania XXXIV now?

Orlando and Atlanta are only a few hours apart.

User avatar
Garuda
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:15 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by Garuda » Tue May 24, 2016 9:15 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:Can someone tell me on why Apollo Crews is still on the main roster? He's not even close to being ready and his match with Jericho was just another horrible example of that.
I don't really disagree, but since NXT doesn't really develop people anymore he may as well try to develop on the main roster. Same diff and he makes more money.

User avatar
PKThree
Posts: 1426
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Cold frozen north

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by PKThree » Wed May 25, 2016 12:54 pm

So Smackdown is going live on Tuesday nights and there will also reportedly be a draft to separate the rosters.

User avatar
JML
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 am
Contact:

Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by JML » Wed May 25, 2016 12:57 pm

PKThree wrote:So Smackdown is going live on Tuesday nights and there will also reportedly be a draft to separate the rosters.
Who's reporting that?

EDIT: Nevermind. Variety is reporting it

Post Reply