Post by PKThree » Wed May 25, 2016 1:13 pm

JML wrote:
Who's reporting that?

EDIT: Nevermind. Variety is reporting it
confirmed by WWE now as well

mprentice84

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by mprentice84 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Unless the plan is to drastically differentiate the production and presentation between the two shows, this will only accelerate viewer burnout. Roster split isn't nearly enough.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed May 25, 2016 3:08 pm

mprentice84 wrote:Unless the plan is to drastically differentiate the production and presentation between the two shows, this will only accelerate viewer burnout. Roster split isn't nearly enough.
Maybe, maybe not. They have 7 hours of indistinct programming as it it. A brand split could spice up that extant programming if they do it right.

Do you mean that fans will feel obligated to watch both now, which will ultimately burn t hem out? I can see that, and for sure I think the move is to make all 5 hours of their television more valuable. I think people will still watch to their personal appetites, but you may be onto something all the same.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:44 pm

So, read the Smackdown spoilers and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that AJ's lack of direction as of this week will lead to a match at MITB against Cena. Cena recently praised the match with Reigns at ER and given his track record of putting over up and coming talent, I'd say a match with AJ (and possibly a win) would be a great next step for him.

I know a lot of people are suggesting a return feud with Rusev, but really, what's the point? Been there, done that.

Uhaacrews

Post by Uhaacrews » Wed May 25, 2016 4:14 pm

mlev76 wrote:So, read the Smackdown spoilers and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that AJ's lack of direction as of this week will lead to a match at MITB against Cena. Cena recently praised the match with Reigns at ER and given his track record of putting over up and coming talent, I'd say a match with AJ (and possibly a win) would be a great next step for him.

I know a lot of people are suggesting a return feud with Rusev, but really, what's the point? Been there, done that.
Either that or Cena is going to take the final MITB slot.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:30 am

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Thu May 26, 2016 3:56 am

"With Reigns as champion, Owens would seem the right guy to win MITB. Owens also has the kind of a heel persona where his cashing in and winning the title with the idea he stole it from Reigns would work well. It would enable them to get Reigns back in the chase position without a clean loss. Granted, the crowd dynamic would likely be backwards since Owens, even more than Rollins, is super popular with the television fan base. The fact Rollins dropped Reigns with a pedigree is key, because as long as he’s using that move, it’s clearly designed to get to a match with HHH. While things changed multiple times last year, after Dwayne Johnson made it clear that for insurance reasons, he couldn’t work a real match at WrestleMania, HHH vs. Rollins became the plan until Rollins got hurt. Reigns at the time was scheduled to win the title from Rollins at Survivor Series, just weeks after the injury."
-Today's Observer
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri May 27, 2016 9:52 pm

Pabst Blue Ribbon are threatening WWE with a cease and desist over Cena's new merch (which is an obvious PBR ripoff). lol

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Fri May 27, 2016 11:56 pm

That's not very kid friendly....

Grammarian

Post by Grammarian » Sat May 28, 2016 12:23 am

PKThree wrote:Pabst Blue Ribbon are threatening WWE with a cease and desist over Cena's new merch (which is an obvious PBR ripoff). lol
They're joking.
twitter me @ItsGrammarian

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Sat May 28, 2016 2:21 pm

A return to Miami would be welcome. The renovations at the stadium included a partial roof that shades 90% of the seats and a number of other creature comforts. I'm also going through serious Carlos & Pepe's withdrawal since moving back to NY. The major downside is that the stadium is out in Miami Gardens, which is a total shithole. Miami and Fort Lauderdale are 30 and 45 minute commutes by car.

Grammarian

Post by Grammarian » Sat May 28, 2016 2:30 pm

Grammarian wrote:
PKThree wrote:Pabst Blue Ribbon are threatening WWE with a cease and desist over Cena's new merch (which is an obvious PBR ripoff). lol
They're joking.
Maybe PBR wasn't joking as I don't see the shirt or a picture of that shirt on WWEshop.com any more.

edit: http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/pabst- ... =hootsuite
twitter me @ItsGrammarian

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sat May 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Grammarian wrote:
Grammarian wrote:
They're joking.
Maybe PBR wasn't joking as I don't see the shirt or a picture of that shirt on WWEshop.com any more.

edit: http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/pabst- ... =hootsuite
It COULD have been a joke, and then WWE didn't want publicity as plagarists taking bites out of their stock-propping "social media presence." Or it could've been legit and the same is true.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:20 pm

Tonight should be a pretty intriguing Raw, especially for a holiday. Things to look out for:

-Cena's return and his role at MITB
-Styles' next feud/storyline
-what, if any, discussion of the brand split they have
-The final MITB entrant
-next challengers for the Tag and Women's titles