WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue May 31, 2016 1:35 pm

Loved the Cena promo post-veteran pandering and before AJ showed up.

Popped big for Bullet Club beatdown on John Cena...fantasy booking type shit.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue May 31, 2016 1:50 pm

The turn got me.

AJ Style's follow up promo will be very key. He needs to explain why The Bullet Club didn't swerve Reigns at the last two PPVs and Kevin Owens last week etc.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:03 pm

rovert wrote:
AJ Style's follow up promo will be very key. He needs to explain why The Bullet Club didn't swerve Reigns at the last two PPVs and Kevin Owens last week etc.
Don't get your hopes up

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Tue May 31, 2016 2:15 pm

Loved the Rollins feature. Too bad WWE is still too far up their own ass to use it as it should be.

GuestTimekeeper

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Tue May 31, 2016 2:19 pm

Raw was really really bad television last night for the first two hours. That opening promo where Shane and Steph basically admit that no one has any idea what they're doing with the brand split was bad, but that Rollins/Reigns segment was embarassing. I don't know what they were trying to do, but it almost made me tap out for the night.

The Cena/Styles segment though... that was awesome. I had a big ol grin on my face as thr crowd chanted, and almost jumped off the couch when AJ attacked Cena.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue May 31, 2016 2:32 pm

mprentice84 wrote:
rovert wrote:
Don't get your hopes up
He can just say he finally saw the light. But sounds kinda dumb given how long they dragged it out. Whether her explains it on WWE TV or in a sitdown with Michael Cole on Youtube will be interesting.

Guess we won't see Sasha until before Summerslam. Returning her to TV now creates the fan expectation that it is Sasha vs Charlotte at Money In The Bank.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:35 pm

rovert wrote:
mprentice84 wrote:
rovert wrote:
Don't get your hopes up
He can just say he finally saw the light. But sounds kinda dumb given how long they dragged it out. Whether her explains it on WWE TV or in a sitdown with Michael Cole on Youtube will be interesting.

Guess we won't see Sasha until before Summerslam. Returning her to TV now creates the fan expectation that it is Sasha vs Charlotte at Money In The Bank.
Agree on Sasha. MITB is only a couple weeks away. No reason they can't keep her in the cooler until then.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue May 31, 2016 3:07 pm

Gold

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue May 31, 2016 3:42 pm

rovert wrote:Gold

Ten Billion Stars

Skyjacker

Post by Skyjacker » Tue May 31, 2016 3:51 pm

This is the second time they have teased a feud between Charlotte and Stephanie Mcmahon on raw.

JML

Post by JML » Tue May 31, 2016 4:05 pm

Skyjacker wrote:This is the second time they have teased a feud between Charlotte and Stephanie Mcmahon on raw.
That matchup is one of my biggest fears for Summerslam.

Skyjacker

Post by Skyjacker » Tue May 31, 2016 4:23 pm

JML wrote:
That matchup is one of my biggest fears for Summerslam.
Outside of no Sasha vs Charlotte. Neither Charlotte or Stephanie Mcmahon are good at being babyfaces. It sounds like the least compelling Stephanie Mcmahon feud option out of the 4 horsewomen.
Last edited by Skyjacker on Tue May 31, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Uhaacrews

Post by Uhaacrews » Tue May 31, 2016 5:02 pm

I really don't get sticking with Rollins as a heel and turning AJ, as good as the turn was, when they are about to redo the brand extension. One or both of these guys could've been the top on either brand next to Reigns and Cena. Now who will be the next top faces in line? Big Show? They've sucked the life out of Ambrose. Guys like Zayn and Cesaro are good, but I still think they are seen as midcarders. Ziggler? I guess we will get Orton, which will quickly feel like more of the same old same old from WWE.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Tue May 31, 2016 5:24 pm

I saw a good chunk of the Rollins special. It was great, and it's insane that they'd keep Rollins as a heel after all that they've done. The timing's all wrong. But they want to both keep Reigns firmly as the top babyface and have more heels, so they made their choice. I think it's the wrong choice. Maybe it won't matter too much either way, but I think they're missing out on a chance to really put Rollins on another level.

JML

Post by JML » Tue May 31, 2016 7:46 pm

I'm halfway through the Rollins 24 show and I think I've finally figured out why I've never been a fan of his even during his Tyler Black days.

He's basically a backyard wrestler.

I know he's gone on and got the proper training but to me, I've always seen him as a guy do moves like he watched a tape and just doing the moves he liked minutes afterwards. The evidence kinda there as last year he's was ripping off some of Ricochet's stuff at Summerslam after he saw a PWG show live.

He's athletic as hell and very talented to pull off the stuff he does but he looks like he just does stuff cause he saw it on tape and wanted to do it without rhyme or reason. I'm not calling a spot monkey cause he can put together a good match but there's a backyarder vibe I get from him.