WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mprentice84

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by mprentice84 » Tue May 31, 2016 8:20 pm

JML wrote:I'm halfway through the Rollins 24 show and I think I've finally figured out why I've never been a fan of his even during his Tyler Black days.

He's basically a backyard wrestler.

I know he's gone on and got the proper training but to me, I've always seen him as a guy do moves like he watched a tape and just doing the moves he liked minutes afterwards. The evidence kinda there as last year he's was ripping off some of Ricochet's stuff at Summerslam after he saw a PWG show live.

He's athletic as hell and very talented to pull off the stuff he does but he looks like he just does stuff cause he saw it on tape and wanted to do it without rhyme or reason. I'm not calling a spot monkey cause he can put together a good match but there's a backyarder vibe I get from him.
Whether it's teaching a guy how to work with a multi-camera setup or stressing the importance of slowing down, the Performance Center is a great finishing school. Rollins is an excellent example of that.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue May 31, 2016 9:03 pm

Skyjacker wrote:This is the second time they have teased a feud between Charlotte and Stephanie Mcmahon on raw.
Ideally, yes, this most recent interaction will lead to a feud but I tend to think it's example 15204 of Stephanie talking down a heel or babyface without them ever having a chance for retribution. Or maybe it'll be like the Brie Bella feud, I honestly don't know.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:13 pm

I can't wait for the match when a 40-year-old executive and mother of three is able to dominate a champion professional athlete at their own game.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue May 31, 2016 9:36 pm

Went back and forth on posting this. I foreshadowed all by WWE talent issues a couple of weeks before the Ryback, Cody etc issues came to ahead. But the issues with the Diva division is way more acute as there's way less spots and time on TV. WWE in how they are treating Charlotte is creating a lot of resentment towards Charlotte. Charlotte does get critique and even yelled at more than most but the perception is that Charlotte can make mistakes while others if they make even one they get yanked off TV.

I don't think they are doing Stephanie vs Charlotte but if they do it will come at a major cost morale wise and may have unintentional consequences like talent quitting.

JML

Post by JML » Tue May 31, 2016 10:00 pm

Can't wait to see Sasha and Paige in STARDOM.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:33 pm

rovert wrote:Went back and forth on posting this. I foreshadowed all by WWE talent issues a couple of weeks before the Ryback, Cody etc issues came to ahead. But the issues with the Diva division is way more acute as there's way less spots and time on TV. WWE in how they are treating Charlotte is creating a lot of resentment towards Charlotte. Charlotte does get critique and even yelled at more than most but the perception is that Charlotte can make mistakes while others if they make even one they get yanked off TV.

I don't think they are doing Stephanie vs Charlotte but if they do it will come at a major cost morale wise and may have unintentional consequences like talent quitting.
If I was one of the women who got over Charlotte, established the division, was on the road full-time, and had to stand by while the bosses adult, non-wrestler daughter get handed the big blowoff match, I'd be beyond upset too.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Tue May 31, 2016 10:38 pm

JML wrote:Can't wait to see Sasha and Paige in STARDOM.
That would be so AWESOME

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue May 31, 2016 10:44 pm

mprentice84 wrote:
rovert wrote:Went back and forth on posting this. I foreshadowed all by WWE talent issues a couple of weeks before the Ryback, Cody etc issues came to ahead. But the issues with the Diva division is way more acute as there's way less spots and time on TV. WWE in how they are treating Charlotte is creating a lot of resentment towards Charlotte. Charlotte does get critique and even yelled at more than most but the perception is that Charlotte can make mistakes while others if they make even one they get yanked off TV.

If I was one of the women who got over Charlotte, established the division, was on the road full-time, and had to stand by while the bosses adult, non-wrestler daughter get handed the big blowoff match, I'd be beyond upset too.
The big one is Paige obviously. Personally not impressed with her in ring or the attitude she conveys in the ring but she's really over that can't denied. But someone like Naomi has been periodically pushed and dropped in short order numerous times. At times it was because she wasn't gaining traction admittedly. Then there's Summer Rae who has gotten over but was taken off screen due to reasons to do with other people.

Skyjacker

Post by Skyjacker » Tue May 31, 2016 11:07 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote: Ideally, yes, this most recent interaction will lead to a feud but I tend to think it's example 15204 of Stephanie talking down a heel or babyface without them ever having a chance for retribution. Or maybe it'll be like the Brie Bella feud, I honestly don't know.
Usually when Stephanie emasculates someone it's usually one-off. This is the 2nd time that there has been interaction between Charlotte and Stephanie within 2-3 weeks which leads me to think they are feuding down the line and possibly having a match. I don't think it would be wise to though.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Tue May 31, 2016 11:43 pm

It's odd how leading up to WrestleMania they would have at least 2 women's matches/segments, then post-WrestleMania it's back to one person show (unless I've missed them when they do more...).

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue May 31, 2016 11:48 pm

John The Drummer wrote:It's odd how leading up to WrestleMania they would have at least 2 women's matches/segments, then post-WrestleMania it's back to one person show (unless I've missed them when they do more...).
Screen time now being used for the male mid-card scene.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:14 am

Summer was a good hand in NXT, I always found it odd why they never did something with her on the main roster. Personal issue with someone higher in the pecking order makes sense.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:53 am

Cena vs. Styles @ MSG on July 16.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:36 pm

Strap yourself in:

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:33 pm

rovert wrote:Strap yourself in:

The subculture of wrestling lawsuit junkies is both amusing and perplexing to me. As a professional in one arena and a fan in the other, this is like the opposite of the Reese's peanut butter cup merger analogy.