WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
maggot

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by maggot » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:17 pm

GuestTimekeeper wrote:Stephanie McMahon is reaching "Heel Michael Cole" levels of intolerable for me. She needs to be kept away from a live mic at this point.
She also really seems to fancy herself as the master of the off the cuff retort, riffing on the other person's comments during those opening promo segments.

GuestTimekeeper

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Yes. She acts like the person who, one time, had a really funny zinger that made everyone laugh, and now takes every opportunity to try and do it again.

I've accepted that she will never get comeuppance for her misdeeds. That just makes her a bad character. This relatively recent trend of trying to hijack other people's promo's though... that makes her a bad person in my eyes. I would bet the scripts don't include her trying to interrupt everyone every 10 seconds with snide comments.

JML

Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by JML » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
JML wrote:Did they even tell people on Raw to go to the Network to see what the ruling of the match was?
No. They tweeted it out and sent it through the app almost immediately after the show went off the air. Some theorize they were trying to serve two masters and maybe have people tune into SmackDown to see the resolution but I also don't recall them vividly saying "FIND OUT HOW THIS GETS SOLVED ON SMACKDOWN" so i'm not sure that holds any water.

Very strange and a rare production snafu from WWE to not alter people as to what was going on or where they should go for resolution.
mlev76 wrote:
JML wrote:Did they even tell people on Raw to go to the Network to see what the ruling of the match was?
No, they tweeted it. No way of spinning it that they fucked up last night. Whether intentionally or by accident, they should have said something on air.
Thanks for explaining cause I immediately turned off Raw once it was over. Stuff like that in wrestling grinds my gears cause they didn't even do the most important thing for the viewer - make them want to come back. Steph awarding the belt to Rollins didn't even feel dramatic to me. Just felt hollow to wrap the show up with that. It was like, let's get off air cause USA has Queen of the South coming on.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:25 am

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:43 pm

The Smackdown booking is going to have to be on-point for this to succeed. They got the total B show treatment last night.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:49 pm

supersonic wrote:
Brock was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He most likely was on some form of hormone replacement therapy, which currently banned by both USADA and the NSAC. The estrogen blockers would have helped to jump start his endocrine system after cycling off for the fight. Not use Clomid would have caused his levels to plummet well below the natural level though and he doesn't even make it through camp, much less all the way to UFC 200. The bulk of his fight night purse is going to be forfeited, but he's still due several million on the back end once PPV money comes in.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:26 pm

mprentice84 wrote:The Smackdown booking is going to have to be on-point for this to succeed. They got the total B show treatment last night.
Their house shows will probably be good draws though with Cena and Ambrose at least

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:55 pm

mprentice84 wrote:The Smackdown booking is going to have to be on-point for this to succeed. They got the total B show treatment last night.
They'll also need guys like Ziggler and ADR to step up to their previous levels and guys like Crews and Kalisto to reach the next level. I'd really like to see them trade Cesaro here as he really isn't needed on Raw and could be a great second level guy on this brand.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:04 am

Observer:
I was told this was a ****+ match.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:39 am

achillesforever6 wrote:
Their house shows will probably be good draws though with Cena and Ambrose at least

Meltz said that Cena not doing house shows from now on, only TVs and PPVs
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:56 am

Reigns got popped for Adderall. Jeez. I took that for my finals.Never doing it again. My heart was beating so fast. I got a lot done in those 9 hours though.
Lanza is a geek.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:58 am

Also, you guys think they're putting Orton over or doing a screwy finish at SS?
Lanza is a geek.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:38 am

On tonight's Observer Radio, Meltzer says WWE won't suspend Lesnar. "100%"

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:19 pm

For the future, if you want to grab a line or two from the Observer, that's fine but please no full paragraphs.