NWA Thread - The Relic, The Remnant

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Kirk D

Re: NWA Thread - The Relic, The Remnant

Post by Kirk D » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:06 pm

That was a highly entertaining show, some pretty good tag team matches, much better production than the 70th show and a damn good main event. Well done, NWA.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:36 pm

Danwaka wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:46 pm
Killer Elite Squad is the last team I can think of. And Rob Conway was in the mix for a while with Jax Dane or somebody else, I think. And there was that weird Diamond Star Wrestling thing in Tokyo where Rob Terry won the title with Kazushi Miyamoto. Am I close?
The Heatseekers

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:57 pm

Crockett Cup was a fun, very easy watch from beginning to end. They did a good job of having some nostalgia thrown in with the modern stuff and it had a great feel as a show.

The tournament itself was a real mixed bag as they booked a team with BRAM to have a cinderella run and they really added nothing to their matches. The New Japan Dads/Villain Enterprises match is probably the closest to a must see match in the tournament with maybe the Team CMLL vs. Bandido/Flip as a runner up.

Loved the main event, just a shade below Aldis' match with Cody at All In. Maybe Aldis isn't so bad after all?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:55 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:57 pm
Loved the main event, just a shade below Aldis' match with Cody at All In. Maybe Aldis isn't so bad after all?
He has delivered when it counts, i'll give him that. Have you seen the rank & file stuff? He managed to have a meh match vs David Starr, which is an accomplishment lol.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:31 am

Joe Lanza wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:55 pm
mlev76 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:57 pm
He has delivered when it counts, i'll give him that. Have you seen the rank & file stuff? He managed to have a meh match vs David Starr, which is an accomplishment lol.
I saw the match they had from early last year and thought it was good. Look, I'm not seeking out his matches or anything, but with the right guy and the right circumstances, he delivers what he needs to. Would he be in his position if he didn't have the size and look that he has? Absolutely not. But, he's perfectly competent and in 2019 and for the NWA, that's all they can really hope for. No truly upper level talent is going to commit to carrying the title at the cost of more booking freedom.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:02 pm

On a separate note, is there something I'm missing with Santana Garrett? With now four national promotions all having women's divisions, how is it that she has no deal? Is she holding out for WWE and just not getting a shot? Perplexing situation.