NWA Thread - The Relic, The Remnant

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
PKThree

Re: NWA Thread - The Relic, The Remnant

Post by PKThree » Mon May 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:Chris Tranquillo (
If anything this will be my ring name if I ever decide to break into the business. So autocorrect got us that

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:38 am

I can officially confirm the NJPW association is 99.99% dead.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:15 am

Well that's bummer, still, they had a great run.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:51 am

So this happened yesterday, if you didn't see:

That in itself is surprise, WWE is again acknowledging other companies (kinda). But was this more than a handshake? NXT? NWA Library? Rob Conway? What does it mean?

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Tharpe is trying to get the "E" to buy their tap library for Houston. Heard the website and converting the footage is costing Tharpe a ton.
Who's Rob Viper ?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:24 pm

I reached out to Bruce on the Triple H thing, but I don't know if he'll get back to me. I think he might be mad at us, and this thread probably isn't helping lol.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:33 pm

Heard back from Bruce. I asked specifically if the meeting was in regards to selling the Houston tapes, and he basically said the meeting was to "open up lines of communication", without specifically mentioning whether that was in regards to said tapes.

ICYMI, NWA Classics on Demand has been rebranded as NWA on Demand.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:08 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:Heard back from Bruce. I asked specifically if the meeting was in regards to selling the Houston tapes, and he basically said the meeting was to "open up lines of communication", without specifically mentioning whether that was in regards to said tapes.

Do they have modern NWA stuff too?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:48 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:Heard back from Bruce. I asked specifically if the meeting was in regards to selling the Houston tapes, and he basically said the meeting was to "open up lines of communication", without specifically mentioning whether that was in regards to said tapes.

Do they have modern NWA stuff too?
I haven't gotten around to subscribing yet, so I don't know. The Jax Dane title win over Tenzan is on the service, other than that match, I'm not sure.

Early on there was talk of culling footage from the various affiliates, but it never came to fruition. That needs to happen, or other territories Vince doesn't own need to be acquired, because obviously there is a finite amount of Houston stuff.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Introducing the match WWE can never bring to us (though to no fault of their own to be fair) but NWA did.

Bryan Danielson vs. Fergal Devitt
July 21, 2007
National Wrestling Alliance Empire

I thought it was real good too TBH.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:09 am

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:41 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:I can officially confirm the NJPW association is 99.99% dead.
Maybe Bruce should get in with All Japan, give their World Tag title is half-NWA and their Triple Crown is two-thirds NWA. ;)

Surprised, though. If NJPW is gonna dump ROH sooner or later, you'd think they'd want the NWA as a back up feeder for gaijin championships.
Joe Lanza wrote:I reached out to Bruce on the Triple H thing, but I don't know if he'll get back to me. I think he might be mad at us, and this thread probably isn't helping lol.
Damn Joe, what did you say? I'll take the heat for the thread but "Mama Tharpe's Baby Boy's Playground of Fun" can't have got that much heat. :lol:

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:00 am

Tim Storm is your new NWA champion. He defeated Jax Dane in Sherman, Texas at NWA Texoma.

I was told this was either the 8th or 10th title shot for Storm against Dane, and to show you how low profile most of the matches were, only two made it to cagematch. Make of that what you will.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:20 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:Tim Storm is your new NWA champion. He defeated Jax Dane in Sherman, Texas at NWA Texoma.

I was told this was either the 8th or 10th title shot for Storm against Dane, and to show you how low profile most of the matches were, only two made it to cagematch. Make of that what you will.
The match where the title changed isn't even on there yet. I don't know how to feel about this, I'm ultimately happy for Tim Storm, but there was more upside with Jax (Young, exposure on NJPW etc). I would have thought an indie superstar or one of their younger talents would have been a better fit. Again more power to Storm and I don't sat this because of his age, but with Conway, Dane and especially TenKoji, it seems like a bit of a step back. I hope he proves me wrong.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:32 pm

BackLash wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:Tim Storm is your new NWA champion. He defeated Jax Dane in Sherman, Texas at NWA Texoma.

The match where the title changed isn't even on there yet. I don't know how to feel about this, I'm ultimately happy for Tim Storm, but there was more upside with Jax (Young, exposure on NJPW etc). I would have thought an indie superstar or one of their younger talents would have been a better fit. Again more power to Storm and I don't sat this because of his age, but with Conway, Dane and especially TenKoji, it seems like a bit of a step back. I hope he proves me wrong.
ROH booked Dane, so maybe that had something to do with the title switch.