NWA Thread - The Relic, The Remnant

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
BackLash

Re: NWA Thread - The Relic, The Remnant

Post by BackLash » Mon May 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Now this story, if true, has me very excited. I love just about everything that NWA did in NJPW.

If Billy can truly bring back some prominence to the NWA, and I will be a very happy man. Though, I really hope Bruce Tharpe stays with the company.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Wrestling needs more money marks. It's the modern form of patronage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 am

To me, these are the key questions

-Is Bruce Tharpe staying involved in any capacity?

-What does this mean for the current affiliates, and the affiliates system?

-Are the Houston tapes part of the deal? I believe Tharpe owns those tapes, purchased directly from the Boesch estate.

-Whether or not the Houston tapes were part of the acquisition, what becomes of the On Demand service? This is interesting to me. It has never been utilized to its fullest capacity. Airing the Houston tapes is fine, but current footage from various affiliates should have been part of the package, whether in the form of the weekly YT/TV shows, full house shows, or even just key matches. Of course, this is more complicated than it sounds, as it would require some form of profit share. At minimum, all NWA World, Tag, Women's, National, and North American title matches should have been uploaded.

We're digging around for all of these answers, and will talk about it on the Flagship this week.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue May 02, 2017 9:53 am

I'm not a subscriber to their on demand. But if I were I would dig a weekly/monthly show featuring key matches from all over the NWA. Monthly would probably be easier considering the editing needed

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Tue May 02, 2017 11:11 am

An official statement from Tharpe-desu himself.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Tue May 02, 2017 11:55 am

Around the same time, Leilani Kai purchased an ownership stake in the NWA Florida territory.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue May 02, 2017 7:07 pm

monster mafia wrote:nice to see billy loves wrestling so much...good luck to him.
If he wants to throw money away, i'll take some.
Who's Rob Viper ?

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Fri May 05, 2017 12:23 pm

Some insights on the situation from Jay Bradley (TNA's Aiden O'Shea), a guy who's worked with Corgan on several occasions.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri May 05, 2017 1:46 pm

One of the first things I thought of when Billy made the move was Jay Bradley, NWA World champion.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Fri May 05, 2017 2:20 pm

That would be a cool moment for a guy who always seems like his nearly 20 years in the business is just about to pay off only for him to get lost in the shuffle.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri May 05, 2017 6:36 pm

BackLash wrote:That would be a cool moment for a guy who always seems like his nearly 20 years in the business is just about to pay off only for him to get lost in the shuffle.
I always thought TNA should try SOMETHING with him. He never rose above deep prelims under any gimmick.

I enjoyed the Aiden O'Shea gimmick for what it was (goofiness), especially when he was Billy's protective goon.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Sat May 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
BackLash wrote:That would be a cool moment for a guy who always seems like his nearly 20 years in the business is just about to pay off only for him to get lost in the shuffle.
I always thought TNA should try SOMETHING with him. He never rose above deep prelims under any gimmick.

I enjoyed the Aiden O'Shea gimmick for what it was (goofiness), especially when he was Billy's protective goon.
Who do you think will be the first guys Billy will employ? Because I'm getting the feeling Jay is on the short list if he isn't under contract with someone else.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat May 06, 2017 1:45 pm

BackLash wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:

Who do you think will be the first guys Billy will employ? Because I'm getting the feeling Jay is on the short list if he isn't under contract with someone else.
That's so far off, and the plans are so unknown, that it's impossible to say. They sale won't be final until the fall, and that's according to both sides. From there, we don't know what they have planned. And even leaping to the assumption that they'll be signing talent to deals, things change so fast in wrestling that who knows who will be available, in say, November.

But yeah, there is an established history with Bradley. I'd call him as much of a lock to be involved as anyone.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Mon May 15, 2017 5:38 am

And now Billy has the rights to use the Houston tapes.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/update-on ... rademarks/

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Mon May 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:
monster mafia wrote:nice to see billy loves wrestling so much...good luck to him.
If he wants to throw money away, i'll take some.
He already proved he loves burning money with TNA so this is just more of the same. Just when you thought the NWA couldn't be any more of a joke they prove me wrong yet again.