WWE Extreme Rules 2016 thread

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
wac

Re: WWE Extreme Rules 2016 thread

Post by wac » Tue May 24, 2016 7:12 am

Are people still on the "Roman Reigns, world class seller" train?

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue May 24, 2016 1:17 pm

How great would an Owens/Styles feud over the IC title would look right now?
Who's Rob Viper ?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:00 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:How great would an Owens/Styles feud over the IC title would look right now?
I think both of them are above that level at this point.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:08 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Buzz Sawyer wrote:How great would an Owens/Styles feud over the IC title would look right now?
Unless you're booked in the main event angle with Reigns, it's just guys having matches for the sake of having matches. None of the midcard titles or feuds matter. Whether that's by design or though sheer incompetence I don't know.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:33 pm

mprentice84 wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
Unless you're booked in the main event angle with Reigns, it's just guys having matches for the sake of having matches. None of the midcard titles or feuds matter. Whether that's by design or though sheer incompetence I don't know.
I think this is overstated and untrue. Having a feud or being involved in a title match puts you on PPV, gets your face on tv and allows you the chance to have more merchandise sold. Plus, it allows the wrestlers a chance to move up and be considered for that main event program.

Look at the last show and four matches were promoted heavily: the main event, the four way, the women's match and the Asylum match.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Tue May 24, 2016 3:20 pm

mlev76 wrote:
mprentice84 wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
I think this is overstated and untrue. Having a feud or being involved in a title match puts you on PPV, gets your face on tv and allows you the chance to have more merchandise sold. Plus, it allows the wrestlers a chance to move up and be considered for that main event program.

Look at the last show and four matches were promoted heavily: the main event, the four way, the women's match and the Asylum match.
I am just happy that guys like Styles, Owens, Zayn & Cesaro are getting the TV & PPV time to put on great matches. At the end of the day, not everyone is going to get a Reigns-Cena-Lesnar level push. Although, as long they get the opportunity to perform, they can continue to show why they are some of the best professional wrestlers in the world & build their fanbase. A Owens vs Styles feud regardless of title would provide great, possibly show-stealing wrestling matches on TV & PPV which the fans would enjoy. That can only be a benefit for Styles & Owens. That of course, is if they get a decent amount of time to work, which they have been getting. P.S. there have been solid feuds involving the IC title recently (Owens vs Ambrose, Miz vs Cesaro, Owens vs Zayn).

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:49 pm

ScorpioCorp wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
mprentice84 wrote:

I am just happy that guys like Styles, Owens, Zayn & Cesaro are getting the TV & PPV time to put on great matches. At the end of the day, not everyone is going to get a Reigns-Cena-Lesnar level push. Although, as long they get the opportunity to perform, they can continue to show why they are some of the best professional wrestlers in the world & build their fanbase. A Owens vs Styles feud regardless of title would provide great, possibly show-stealing wrestling matches on TV & PPV which the fans would enjoy. That can only be a benefit for Styles & Owens. That of course, is if they get a decent amount of time to work, which they have been getting. P.S. there have been solid feuds involving the IC title recently (Owens vs Ambrose, Miz vs Cesaro, Owens vs Zayn).
The last two shows have been solid overall but especially the upper mid card, upper card. Curious to see how the brand split affects this

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Thu May 26, 2016 4:01 am

Meltz Ratings for Extreme Rules :
Corbin x Ziggles : **1/4
Anderson/Gallows x Usos : ***
Rusev x Kalisto : ***
NewDay x Gotch/Aiden : **
Fatal 4 Way : ****1/2
Ambrose x Jericho : **
Charlotte x Natalya : **1/2
Roman x AJ Styles : ****1/2