WWE Brand Split 2016

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
ronpeppers

Re: WWE Brand Split 2016

Post by ronpeppers » Wed May 25, 2016 7:15 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:No doubt this is being used a vehicle for guys like that, (you can add Big Cass to that mix too) BUT, there's a gift and a curse to that... is more exposure what guys like Crews or Corbin need?
Of course it is, Baron Corbin ain't gonna become Surprisingly Awesome Ryback Mk II by mean mugging into a camera. Trying stuff and taking the rough with the smooth is kinda the point of putting them up on proper TV in the first place, no?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed May 25, 2016 7:24 pm

ronpeppers wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:No doubt this is being used a vehicle for guys like that, (you can add Big Cass to that mix too) BUT, there's a gift and a curse to that... is more exposure what guys like Crews or Corbin need?
Of course it is, Baron Corbin ain't gonna become Surprisingly Awesome Ryback Mk II by mean mugging into a camera. Trying stuff and taking the rough with the smooth is kinda the point of putting them up on proper TV in the first place, no?
Well yes and no, they have a development territory with TV for that type of stuff. Sure, it makes sense that throwing them to the wolves on live TV would make them better in the long run but at what cost? Do they bomb and lose confidence? Does the crowd realize they are in over their head? Are they under too much pressure?

Apollo Crews, for example, looked like a man woefully underprepared for the spotlight given to him on Monday.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed May 25, 2016 7:36 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
ronpeppers wrote:
Well yes and no, they have a development territory with TV for that type of stuff. Sure, it makes sense that throwing them to the wolves on live TV would make them better in the long run but at what cost? Do they bomb and lose confidence? Does the crowd realize they are in over their head? Are they under too much pressure?

Apollo Crews, for example, looked like a man woefully underprepared for the spotlight given to him on Monday.
To be honest, I don't think he's look much better in NXT. So, the choices are fish or cut bait. I can completely see why they want to try with both him and Corbin. If they work, that's a big win for them in the mold of guys Vince likes.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed May 25, 2016 7:41 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
ronpeppers wrote:

I don't have a problem with them wanting to develop him on the main roster, and that was always going to mean some floundering.

But you make a good point that he looked "woefully underprepared." He just sort of looks scared out there, and I haven't seen much growth out of him since his NXT debut. It's fine that he's adjusting, and it's way too early to strike up the funeral dirge like everyone is, but I agree that he doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.

ronpeppers

Post by ronpeppers » Wed May 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Well yes and no, they have a development territory with TV for that type of stuff... Apollo Crews, for example, looked like a man woefully underprepared for the spotlight given to him on Monday.
Absolutely, have no idea what he's doing on on the main roster either at this point but once they're up the time for molly-coddling them has pretty much passed. They can either use them and see where it goes or keep him on house shows until he's 'ready' and end up with Jack Swagger :(

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed May 25, 2016 8:01 pm

ronpeppers wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:Well yes and no, they have a development territory with TV for that type of stuff... Apollo Crews, for example, looked like a man woefully underprepared for the spotlight given to him on Monday.
Absolutely, have no idea what he's doing on on the main roster either at this point but once they're up the time for molly-coddling them has pretty much passed. They can either use them and see where it goes or keep him on house shows until he's 'ready' and end up with Jack Swagger :(
I see your point for sure. Personally, I don't care if a guy comes up and flounders because hey, at least you gave it a shot. The key is sticking with them if you see potential, that's where I think Vince McMahon and I differ on how to build talent. (Also our bank accounts)

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed May 25, 2016 8:02 pm

Also, Big Dave's saying on WOR that the current plan is two World Championships, with plans obviously subject to change a million times between now and then.

ronpeppers

Post by ronpeppers » Wed May 25, 2016 8:06 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:that's where I think Vince McMahon and I differ on how to build talent. (Also our bank accounts)
Differing from McMahon on a range of things may leave you poorer but at least speaks well to your character :lol:

wac

Post by wac » Wed May 25, 2016 8:21 pm

I'm of two minds on the two world titles - on the one hand, it devalues your top belt and dilutes your main event scene. On the other hand, they didn't seem to worry about devaluing the world title when the belt was on Seth Rollins and Sheamus, and as it currently stands, the highest point a guy like AJ Styles or Kevin Owens can achieve is having a competitive match with Roman Reigns where they ultimately put him over. As long as there's one belt and it's held by Roman Reigns, everyone else on the roster is going to be below him, no matter how over they are. Two world titles can let Vince keep the belt on Reigns as long as he wants while also giving other guys a chance to shine that they otherwise wouldn't have.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed May 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Asking around:

1. A few WWE talents didn't know until they were told. Some by fans or by reading online.
2. There's very little internal faith in it being a success.

ManuRomero90

Post by ManuRomero90 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:05 pm

This could be ready cool but i don´t trust them right now to make it work. Should be good for the talent at least.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:21 pm

rovert wrote:Asking around:

1. A few WWE talents didn't know until they were told. Some by fans or by reading online.
Wade Keller's breaking news audio confirmed this as well. Very few people knew what was happening and the ones that did were in the dark when it came to details.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Wed May 25, 2016 11:08 pm

this news can hurt roh,japan and other companies and im afraid...

i dont know if wwe can make good things of this,i hope this works but i hope too that the wreslting in general survives.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed May 25, 2016 11:52 pm

Garuda wrote:Also, Big Dave's saying on WOR that the current plan is two World Championships, with plans obviously subject to change a million times between now and then.
Gross.

Just put the US or IC Title on Cena or someone and make THAT the Smackdown belt.

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Thu May 26, 2016 12:16 am

Yeah, this will turn out to be hot garbage like the last time. Nothing new to see here.