WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Chismo

Re: The Lucha Underground Thread

Post by Chismo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:36 pm

You just said it yourself - "prelude".

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:44 pm

LU has showed that they have an ability to tell a prolonged story. In today's market, everyone wants immediate pay-offs. I trust that last weeks main event is just a chapter of a bigger story. For Pentagon, for Matanza and for LU. Give it some room to grow.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:00 am

The combined audience of both Lucha Underground TV shows on Wednesday was 234,000, a record for the series. The 8 p.m. show did 156,000 and there replay did 78,000.

wac

Post by wac » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Io Shirai, Kairi Hojo and Mayu Iwatani will be debuting on Sunday at the Lucha Underground tapings. They are three of the top stars from Stardom and are three of the best wrestlers in the world.

JML

The Lucha Underground Thread

Post by JML » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:14 pm

wac wrote:
Io Shirai, Kairi Hojo and Mayu Iwatani will be debuting on Sunday at the Lucha Underground tapings. They are three of the top stars from Stardom and are three of the best wrestlers in the world.

I saw a picture of them arriving on Twitter and thought too hard trying to figure out why they are in LA. To the point I was thinking that they would be having a secret WWE tryout since Raw is in LA Monday. But Cheerleader Melissa was there with them so this makes sense.

Those three will definitely pick up the work in terms of the women of LU. Io Shirai fits great with LU cause she can do crazy moonsaults all over the Temple.
Last edited by JML on Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:55 pm

Lucha Underground scouts were at the STARDOM USA show late last year in LA. Where they got Thunder Rosa/Skyler Moon.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:04 pm

Glad MVP was a man about it:

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:37 pm

rovert wrote:Lucha Underground scouts were at the STARDOM USA show late last year in LA. Where they got Thunder Rosa/Skyler Moon.
They were specifically asked in an interview if they'd bring in Shirai and the others after seeing them on that Stardom show, and they specifically said they didn't want to spend to fly people in from Japan. I wonder if the Las Vegas people are chipping in on the flights or if they just changed their minds for a one weekend appearance.

Takachulo

Post by Takachulo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:59 am

I can't see any way the Stardom girls become regulars. They all have contracts and Stardom typically works every weekend. I'm assuming this is just a "special appearance" type of thing.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:33 am

I just caught up on the last two LUs. I was afraid that the Matanza reign would suffer from bad in-ring storytelling and booking coming out of Aztec Warfare. So far my fears are totally unfounded. Matanza has been fun, dominating, but hasn't felt totally unkillable in a way that would make his eventual loss feel arbitrary to the story.

Plus I'm loving this challenger procession. Pentagon got wrecked. Fenix got a little going, but got smoked too. I'm psyched for Mil this Wednesday, and I bet they'll give him some offense to keep the story interesting.

The rest of the undercard in those two are pretty flat, though. Hope we get a majority of trios that aren't TNA-style "they hate each other" mismatches in this tourney. This Marty angle has got so much go-away heat with me, I just need it to end. And I'm loving Killshot this season, but that promo cutscene felt like a high school project level video mixed in with visual effects so cheap they had me laughing out loud.

How 'bout that Cisco, though? Out of nowhere.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:17 pm

Joseph Marcelo Lanza, get yer ass up in this thread right now. Your trash on The Twitter needs to stop, immediately.

Your Lucha Underground bashing has gone on long enough and I will not stand for it any longer.

/ignores the most recent LU spoiler, which is absolutely ridiculous...I'll be handwaving the promotion come February 2018, when it airs, I'm sure.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:26 pm

The real spoiler for Sunday's tapings is a lot more palatable than the one that was floating around in places yesterday.

Also, the STARDOM ladies are involved in what is already my favourite feud of 2017. I'll say no more here...

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:38 pm

themib wrote:The real spoiler for Sunday's tapings is a lot more palatable than the one that was floating around in places yesterday.

Also, the STARDOM ladies are involved in what is already my favourite feud of 2017. I'll say no more here...
Yes, but what they do is not so palatable.

Blueisthecolour

Post by Blueisthecolour » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:55 pm

So, surely talking about people that are going to debut on the show is a spoiler?

JML

Post by JML » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:37 pm

Blueisthecolour wrote:So, surely talking about people that are going to debut on the show is a spoiler?
Not really cause if you've avoided the spoilers than you really don't know what they're doing on the show.

However, I speak for a lot of people here as a lot of us got spoiled cause of last weekends Tapings because of the reaction people had and the fodder it gave a lot of pundits. I won't talk about them here though.