Top 10 Draft Picks

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
ScorpioCorp

Top 10 Draft Picks

Post by ScorpioCorp » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:03 am

In honor of the WWE draft, who would be your top 10 picks to start or run a company with.

Mine would be:

1. John Cena
2. Brock Lesnar
3. AJ Styles
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5 & 6. Young Bucks
7. Kevin Owens
8. Sami Zayn
9. Cesaro
10. Dalton Castle

Cena & Lesnar would be the initial moneymakers. Styles, Nakamura, Owens, Zayn & Cesaro are elite wrestlers & can be relied upon for great matches. Young Bucks are perfect to build a tag division around. Lastly picked Castle because of his unique charisma which makes him a fan favourite.
Last edited by ScorpioCorp on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

King Of Indy Style

Re: Top 10 Draft Picks

Post by King Of Indy Style » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:09 am

1. Pentagon Jr
2. Jay Briscoe
3. Jay Lethal
4. Tomohiro Ishii
5. Katsuyori Shibata
6. Kyle O'Reilly
7. Zack Sabre Jr
8. Hiroshi Tanahashi
9. Kazuchika Okada
10. Shinsuke Nakamura

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:13 am

Pinkie Sanchez
Alberto Del Rio
Luke Gallows
Cody Rhodes
Brandon Stroud in a non wrestler role
Dario Cueto
Moose
Mike Bennett
Toru Yano
Silver Ant

ChutiyaHogaTeraBaap

Post by ChutiyaHogaTeraBaap » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:20 pm

1) Kento Miyahara - Ace
2) Tetsuya Naito - Top Heel
3) Chris Hero
4) AJ Styles
5) KUSHIDA
6) Will Opreay
7) Danshoku Dino
8) Tomohiro Ishii
9) Tomoaki Honma
10) BROCK LESNAR

jesse

Post by jesse » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Honda, Rush, Ke Monito, Rusev, Terry Funk, Onita, Ospreay, Cena, CIMA, Delirious
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

brandonbitw

Post by brandonbitw » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:34 pm

1) Okada
2) Zayn
3) Cena
4) Nakamura
5) Ospreay
6) Ricochet
7) Shibata
8) Jay Lethal
9) Pentagon
10) Fenix

In any other draft, Brock would be my number 1 pick, but my goal is a promotion of elite fighters on which any given night somebody can eat a pin fall because the playing field is so evenly leveled. Putting Brock in there makes it hard to build up legitimate contenders to dance with him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

peteg9699

Post by peteg9699 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:36 pm

1. AJ Styles
2. Moose
3. Okada
4. Naito
5. Cena
6. Lesnar
7. Pentagon Jr.
8. Nakamura
9. Roderick Strong
10. Rollins

DanSmith

Post by DanSmith » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Shingo Takagi
Yamato
Kento Miyahara
Masato Yoshino
Daisuke Sekimoto
Ricochet
Akira Tozawa
Zack Sabre Jr
Shinsuke Nakamura
Big R Shimizu

JB Gremlin

Post by JB Gremlin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:54 pm

You've got to speculate to accumulate:
Akira Tozawa
Seth Rollins
Kyle O'Reilly
Kazuchika Okada
Sanada
Zack Sabre Jr
Ricochet
EITA
Will Ospreay
Lio Rush

Sorted according to age here, you can get ten years out of all of that roster easily, less drawing power than a lot of others but I trust my booker to make Rush, Ospreay and EITA all superstars by the time they're 25 :lol:

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:08 pm

DETROIT_KEJB wrote:Pinkie Sanchez
Alberto Del Rio
Luke Gallows
Cody Rhodes
Brandon Stroud in a non wrestler role
Dario Cueto
Moose
Mike Bennett
Toru Yano
Silver Ant
Somewhere Joe Lanza agrees with this list. :lol:
Last edited by itsberlo on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:33 pm

I am going to leave off all Puro guys just for this list but for the record if I didn't it would be like 90% Puro wrestlers. Here is the 10 in no particular order:

1. Seth Rollins - Can do it all. Would be a huge babyface.
2. Brock Lesnar - Always need a monster and who's more credible as a monster than this guy?
3. Dean Ambrose - Would not do what WWE has done and would actually make him an evil mastermind. He would be the smartest guy In the room but maintain a loose cannon feel. A top heel for sure.
4. Ricochet - He's Ricochet why wouldn't I want him in my fed?
5. Will Ospreay - Same as #4. Future top babyface.
6. Kevin Owens - As face or heel, he fits what I want in wrestling.... a compelling character.
7. Young Bucks - This is not for everyone and I know that but they hardly disappoint me and would be the best ones to start a tag division with.
8. Pentagon Jr. - Sometimes you just need an evil brawler type character for babyfaces. Imagine a Pentagon and Ospreay feud.
9. Mart Scrull - Similar to Dean as a heel mastermind but acts on intelligence rather than emotions.
10. AJ Styles - Workhorse at the top of the card... heel or face. Whatever is needed.

Just missed list: Cesaro, Sami Zayn, Zack Sabre Jr, Adam Cole, Roderick Strong, Matthew Riddle and Finn Balor. As a big Batman and Spiderman fan, you can see that I am in favor of a variety of villains/heels. I always felt that heels should have unique qualities and something that sets them apart more so than faces.

BITW3589

Post by BITW3589 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:08 pm

So since the question is who would I start or run a company with and not who would like to see in a company, I picked people who I think can make me the most money in merchandise, ticket sales, ppv buys, and bring in the most companies/brands that would want to advertise on my show.

1. John Cena - To accomplish all I said above I really have to go no further than John Cena as he checks all those boxes, more so now than ever. He along with my number 2 pick are the two people who have been the most responsible for the mainstream media as well as legit sports taking a different look at pro wrestling and not just using it as the butt of jokes, had you told me a pro wrestler was going to be hosting the biggest awards show in sports while still being an active part in WWE I would have never believed it, but because of the crossover appeal that Cena brings that indeed did happen. Also as much as some may hate to admit it he appeals to every age group and both genders, so you can't go wrong with making John Cena your #1 person in the company.

2. Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman - Just like Cena he is taken seriously in the legit sports world due to him being one of the top names in UFC history so automatically you would have advertisers wanting to advertise on the show of the company that has this legit bad ass athlete. Now unlike Cena the only problem with Lesnar is he is really bad a promos and not as good at being personable with the media and fans like Cena is and can come off sometimes as very arrogant and an asshole so due to that he has to come in a package deal with Paul Heyman who will do majority of the talking for him both in the ring and out. You can always count on Brock to make any match he is in have that big fight atmosphere.

3. AJ Styles - While my first two picks cater to more of the mainstream and casual audience this pick is all for the IWC, if you have AJ Styles on a roster you are guaranteed that whatever match he is in will be amazing, he rarely (if ever) puts on a match that is below average and is someone who can get a decent match out of anyone. Styles has also over the last few years really improved his promo game and has shown that he can hang with the likes of John Cena and Chris Jericho on the mic. He is an all around great performer that anyone should not only want, but need on their roster.

4. Bayley - With this pick I want to focus on the young female fan base and nobody does that better than Bayley. If you look at all the women before Bayley there has never really been a woman in WWE that is pretty much solely marketed toward little girls before, sure there have been women like Lita, Mickie, & Trish that young females got behind, but that really wasn't their purpose as they still did things that really weren't fitting for a role model for little girls to do. Bayley is the first woman in WWE who teaches girls morals such as not giving up & to stand up to the person who is bullying you. What she teaches young girls is the equivalent to what John Cena teaches young boys. It is so cool to see these little girls finally have someone to cheer for not just because they happen to female, but because they actually are interested in her and get emotionally invested in every feud she is in. Now fathers who only have daughters can take them to shows and they will have someone they can relate to and be interested in. While she is mainly marketed toward young girls she also appeals to the guys b/c even though she may not be a 10 in the looks department there is something about her personality that is still cute and attractive and makes guys interested on top of all of this she can have amazing matches and is great at playing the underdog role.

5. The Young Bucks - Lets face it if WWE had a choice they would have taken The Young Bucks over Anderson/Gallows to bring into the WWE with AJ and for good reasons, the Bucks are so charismatic and scream superstar. After AJ the Bucks were the face of the Bullet Club and if you put them with AJ & Balor then you are guaranteed to not only have great matches, but to sell a ton of Bullet Club merch. There's not much I can say about The Young Bucks as they pretty much speak for themselves.

6. Shinsuke Nakamura - How can you not absolutely love Nakamura? When this guy comes out I instantly get a smile on my face, b/c he is so much fun to watch. The fact that he has so much charisma oozing out of him without even needing to speak is something I've never seen before or at least not to the degree in which it oozes out of him. In the few times we have heard him speak in NXT he seems like the coolest guy you would ever meet and it makes you just want to hang out with the guy. While I will say week to week he somewhat phones it in and relies heavily on his personality to get him over, when it comes to big time matches he always delivers as he has had 2 MOTY candidate matches this year against Styles and Zayn. I can't go wrong having "The King of Strong Style" on your roster.

7. Kevin Owens - Kevin Owens is everything a heel in 2016 should be and that goes for both when the camera is on and on twitter. He should be the top heel in WWE right now as he has been able to modernize all the heel tactics from the 80s and bring them into 2016. The way he trash talks people in the ring and calls out everything the IWC is thinking in promos are things of greatness. He has cooled down quite a bit from last year, but at any time could be warmed back up and put in the main event picture where he rightfully belongs. I would absolutely make him my top heel and let him do his own thing as he is absolutely great at everything he does.

8. The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, & Braun Strowman) - I feel there is so much untapped creative potential with this stable and could and should be booked as a dominate stable that lays out everyone in their way. There are so many creative cult storylines that could be done and that's not even counting when you finally introduce Sister Abigail as an actual person, the possibilities are endless. Also I am very high on Luke Harper as he is one of the best guys on the roster and is one of the best big men I've ever seen. I would absolutely love to start a company with the Wyatts on my roster, with the exception of Rowan as I see nothing special that he does that the other 3 can't do.

9. Mauro Ronallo - After listening to the Raw announce team be horrible for years you realize how much the announcers mean to the overall enjoyment of a show for the viewers at home. I have to add Mauro Ronallo who is probably the best play by play guy in the business right now to my roster. When I mentioned Brock Lesnar making every match he is in feel like a big fight atmosphere the same goes for any match Mauro calls. Mauro should be one of the first calls you make if you want to start a promotion as you have to have a competent announcer who knows how to get the men and women in the ring over and make them a bigger star than they already are.

10. Becky Lynch - This is my only real personal pick as I see so much potential in Becky and find her underrated. I would have her in a bigger role in the women's division rather than the 4th wheel in the 4 Horsewomen. I think she is so charismatic and has the looks of a star and the best thing is she can back it up in the ring. I know that nobody watches them, but if WWE want to cast a female lead in one of their movies I think Becky would be a perfect choice especially if it's a comedy as I personally love her sense of humor.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:24 am

1.Sabre Jr.
2.Tozawa
3.Shingo Takagi
4.Sekimoto Daisuke
5.John Cena
6.Big E
7.Okada Kazuchika
8.Irie
9.Tanahashi Hiroshi
10.Chris Hero
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

dylanjstx

Post by dylanjstx » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:55 am

1. Shingo Takagi
2. Kento Miyahara
3. Akira Tozawa
4. Meiko Satomura
5. Hiroshi Tanahashi
6. CIMA
7. Daisuke Sekimoto
8. American Alpha (they count as one, right? Right.)
9. Dragon Lee
10. AJ Styles

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:39 pm

1. Jay White
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. AJ Styles
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. Cesaro
6. Chris Hero
7. Adam Cole
8. The Young Bucks
9. Katsuyori Shibata
10. Akira Tozawa
Honourable Mentions - Sekimoto, Cena, Scurll, Sabre, Ospreay, Omega, Tanahashi, Shingo, Ishii, Owens, Zayn, Ibushi