WWE Roadblock 2016 (PPV) - December 18, 2016

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
achillesforever6

Re: WWE Roadblock 2016 (PPV) - December 18, 2016

Post by achillesforever6 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:40 pm

BackLash wrote:
Jeff Hawkins wrote:
supersonic wrote:Nobody has mentioned this is the city where Banks first dethroned Charlotte. Play any factor in the predictions?
not for me.

I do wonder if they remember the Pittsburgh reaction to Reigns at the Rumble
Oh they'll be booing, while I miss the day of the odd chants ("Let's go Holly", "Pittsburgh Penguin" aka one of Kendrick's one off gimmicks), Pittsburgh has a loud and passionate fanbase usually anyway. Christmas Raw almost put many into a coma.
Really I thought we had a really bad rep for being bad and dead most of the time. Sans the Rumble 14 which I was at and that was mainly because of Cleveland and Philly fans coming in for the show.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:58 pm

achillesforever6 wrote:
BackLash wrote:
Jeff Hawkins wrote: not for me.

I do wonder if they remember the Pittsburgh reaction to Reigns at the Rumble
Oh they'll be booing, while I miss the day of the odd chants ("Let's go Holly", "Pittsburgh Penguin" aka one of Kendrick's one off gimmicks), Pittsburgh has a loud and passionate fanbase usually anyway. Christmas Raw almost put many into a coma.
Really I thought we had a really bad rep for being bad and dead most of the time. Sans the Rumble 14 which I was at and that was mainly because of Cleveland and Philly fans coming in for the show.
I won't contest that they aren't always the loudest crowd, but Pittsburgh fans usually make their hear. This won't be any different when Roman gets out there he'll be booed so hard. Also expect a joke about how blue-collar the city is or how the Steelers suck.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:18 am

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:43 pm

Predictions

Pre-Show Match: Big Cass vs. Rusev - Rusev would normally turn a fresh NXT grad like Big Cass into street pizza. However, I’m certain Enzo will get involved and cost Rusev the match. It’s pre-show, some wrestling sites and news outlets don’t pay much attention to kickoff matches, so it shouldn’t her Rusev’s street red too bad.
Winner: Big Cass

Raw Tag Team Championship Match: New Day (c) vs. Sheamus & Cesaro - This is an unpopular opinion, and I hope I’m wrong on this, but why would New Day lose now when they can drop the straps at the grandest stage of them all? That’s right, I think WWE is going to build and sustain this record all the way to WrestleMania, which isn’t too far out now. I still want Sheamus and Cesaro to win the straps and soon, I just don’t think today’s that day.
Winner: The New Day

10-Minute Singles Match: Braun Stroman vs. Sami Zayn - Zayn can either survive the 10 minutes or get close. I think they’re going to stretch this feud out a little longer so Sami can’t lose if that’s the case. Sami sure as heck ain’t winning.
Winner: Time Limit Draw

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match: Rich Swann (c) vs. TJ Perkins vs. The Brian Kendrick - The CW Division has been through so much already, it’s been a turbulent ride at best. This and how the SaCharlotte feud for the Women’s title has run makes me think that WWE won’t hot potato the title, though I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.
Winner: Rich Swann

30 Minute Iron Man Match for the Raw Women's Championship: Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte Flair - Speaking of SaCharlotte and their super long feud, WWE needs to s**t or get off the pot and let one of these women hold the title for awhile. Since Charlotte did that a year ago and Sasha has the belt now, I gotta give it to the Boss.
Winner: Sasha Banks

Seth Rollins vs. Chris Jericho - There is no real reason for Jericho to win other than credence to demand a Universal title shot. But I have too many faces winning as is and as long as Rollins gets his hands on Triple H, the loss won’t matter to him in the long run.
Winner: Chris Jericho

Universal Championship Match: Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns - I don’t think WWE would jeopardize the slight waining in booing directed at Roman, at least not yet. I’m certain WWE will still take that gamble, but again Mania is a hp skip and a jump away and Roman has the US title, so I don’t think that will happen tonight. Since I’m going to the show, I hope Triple H appears to interfere again on Owen’s behalf and Seth can get his revenge.
Winner: Kevin Owens

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:52 pm

I just hope the Women's title direction doesn't get as cold as April-June again. I'll take quality matches without the truly elite storytelling arc pace we've gotten the last 5 months over useless directions with stale challengers that aren't genuinely over.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:01 pm

I'm with you there especially since I'm going. But as many times says that the belt bounce back-and-forth between the two ladies I'm kind of getting sick of that.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:59 pm

So are we thinking this show is going to be terrible?
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

Speedy Bellerin

Post by Speedy Bellerin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:31 pm

Looking forward to Cesaro & Sheamus vs The New Day. They've totally sold me on Zayn vs Stroman expect a masterclass in pathos from Mr Zayn.

I've loved the Sasha Vs Charlotte feud despite WWE trying their best to ruin it. I'm pretty excited, you never know we might see the title not change hands. Wouldn't that be amazing?

No real interest in Jericho vs Rollins but theres no reason it can't be good.

I have little interest in anything to do with Roman looking strong only to get screwed out of the title. I don't think he's a bad wrestler but the story telling in his matches leaves me nauseated. Hey I'm an open minded guy maybe this surprises me. It'll be 4am here and I'll be super drunk so I'll be having fun whatever.

Catching up on Lucha Underground and Smackdown before the show starts and I've got Road to the Tokyo dome and a couple of PROGRESS shows to watch tommorow so I'm filling my days off with the graps. It's gonna be lovely.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:30 am

supersonic wrote:I just hope the Women's title direction doesn't get as cold as April-June again. I'll take quality matches without the truly elite storytelling arc pace we've gotten the last 5 months over useless directions with stale challengers that aren't genuinely over.
The Emmalina character might be something to be concerned about. It is all down to the execution but it may be a sign WWE has given up on serious Women's Wrestling.

Letting go Tommy Cass from Creative the other week makes me fear they are taking a left turn. The lack of time on TV last week made me think that even more.

Emmalina will likely the make online fans think Vince has given up on the current direction or he actual has. Emmalina is basically a time traveller from 2006. Loves photoshoots and thinks Pro Wrestling is boring. Expect her to do thinks like interrupt matches with photos of herself on the Titantron and promoting her Instagram. Again it is all in the execution I dunno if it will be Eva Marie style camp or unproductively Steve Austin calling Lance Storm boring.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:45 pm

rovert wrote:
supersonic wrote:I just hope the Women's title direction doesn't get as cold as April-June again. I'll take quality matches without the truly elite storytelling arc pace we've gotten the last 5 months over useless directions with stale challengers that aren't genuinely over.
The Emmalina character might be something to be concerned about. It is all down to the execution but it may be a sign WWE has given up on serious Women's Wrestling.

Letting go Tommy Cass from Creative the other week makes me fear they are taking a left turn. The lack of time on TV last week made me think that even more.

Emmalina will likely the make online fans think Vince has given up on the current direction or he actual has. Emmalina is basically a time traveller from 2006. Loves photoshoots and thinks Pro Wrestling is boring. Expect her to do thinks like interrupt matches with photos of herself on the Titantron and promoting her Instagram. Again it is all in the execution I dunno if it will be Eva Marie style camp or unproductively Steve Austin calling Lance Storm boring.

That wouldn't be good news as they've done a decent job of pushing women as wrestlers and not just eye candy. This came to my mind when I watched SD some weeks ago and saw Nikki. God, she looked so out of place. That wasn't the case in late 2014-early 2015. This past year, they've not done everything perfect in how they've pushed women but they've done enough that a women's match being very good to great doesn't surprise people anymore and a big part of that definitely is the women from NXT being really good and them getting enough time for their matches.
Also, didn't Sasha x Charlotte on some RAW recently do really well? I remember Dave saying that it was better than when Goldberg was on so I'm frankly puzzled as to why Vince would wanna scale back now.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:14 pm

Which matches should I see from Roadblock? Aside from the Women's match, which I've heard very positive things about.

Wiretaup

Post by Wiretaup » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:32 pm

Garuda wrote:Which matches should I see from Roadblock? Aside from the Women's match, which I've heard very positive things about.
The tag match for sure.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Tag match was awesome, but aside of that very underwhelmings show. Women's match was really nothing special and Sasha tapping out 2 seconds before the bell was fucking ridiculous.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:09 pm

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:Tag match was awesome, but aside of that very underwhelmings show.
One of the weakest efforts all year. I actually dozed off about halfway through and finished the show this morning.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:11 pm

If I never see another Charlotte v. Sasha match, it'll still be too soon.