Ring Of Honor

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
rovert

Re: Ring Of Honor

Post by rovert » Thu May 05, 2016 10:27 pm

supersonic wrote:I didn't break the names.
Can you not control your compulsions? Dude seriously.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu May 05, 2016 10:29 pm

wac wrote:Adam Cole, Moose, and Stokely Hathaway aren't surprising, but whoa Roderick Strong

Did Meltzer get worked when he said the Adam Cole thing on Twitter was a storyline?
Meltzer buried what is going on with Stokely in a paragraph and didn't have it as separate story. He gave the management's perspectives.

The Championship Melt story in the Observer was from the management's perspective too.

Do the math.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Thu May 05, 2016 11:12 pm

rovert wrote:
Stop the presses!

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu May 05, 2016 11:23 pm

Chismo wrote:
rovert wrote:
Stop the presses!
I know. But whoever told him should have known better.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu May 05, 2016 11:31 pm

Meltzer wrote:Moose has offers from everyone. His deal is up soon and of course he's fielding offers. He'll go wherever the best is for his career.

I'll get Strong's dates but he had a number of offers last year in August ish but stayed and it'll be the same this year as far as multiple offers but no idea what he'll decide.

WWE has been after Cole for a long time. He can go whenever he's free. Pretty much have said that many times. He's got a long time left on his deal.

TNA has been trying to get ROH guys whose deals are up.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:50 pm

I bought a ticket for the NY show a while ago, but can't go due to a family commitment. And honestly, given the card, I'm not to broken up about it.

Crazy to hear these rumors of who is leaving, but I think the move away from bringing in top indy talent might be so coming back to haunt them,

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Thu May 05, 2016 11:53 pm

supersonic wrote:
Meltzer wrote:Moose has offers from everyone. His deal is up soon and of course he's fielding offers. He'll go wherever the best is for his career.

I'll get Strong's dates but he had a number of offers last year in August ish but stayed and it'll be the same this year as far as multiple offers but no idea what he'll decide.

WWE has been after Cole for a long time. He can go whenever he's free. Pretty much have said that many times. He's got a long time left on his deal.

To be fair, other than the Roddy stuff, I've heard him say the other things a million times. I'm not sure how newsworthy any of this really is

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu May 05, 2016 11:57 pm

ODonnell wrote:
supersonic wrote:

To be fair, other than the Roddy stuff, I've heard him say the other things a million times. I'm not sure how newsworthy any of this really is
This is a symptom not the cause.

ODonnell

Ring Of Honor

Post by ODonnell » Fri May 06, 2016 12:57 am

I know the "low morale" is the most important piece, but after stories talking about low morale in wrestling promotions every week, it's hard to tell when the story should be looked at closer or its just "the wrestling business"

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri May 06, 2016 1:00 am

ODonnell wrote:I know the "low morale" is the most important piece, but after stories talking about low morale in wrestling promotions every week, it's hard to tell when the story should be looked at closer or its just "the wrestling business"
Look at this very closely.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri May 06, 2016 5:24 am

I posted more extensive thoughts on another forum, so to avoid writing a ton of long paragraphs, I'll try to be more concise...

The reveal of the four names in question was honestly, in my opinion, underwhelming. Even if you take out all of the stuff about internal strife, it's not hard, for me at least, to believe that these four guys (including Strong, who's arguably the surprise of the four) could be leaving. If Stokely Hathaway showing up in Evolve and calling out Triple H isn't a big enough indicator, then I don't know what is. Adam Cole & Moose are two guys who I've always thought would be WWE bound eventually (people having been talking about specifically Cole going to WWE for a LONG time), so them leaving doesn't shock me. Strong is a very interesting case. The guy's been in ROH for nearly 12 straight years at this point, and he could honestly use a change of scenery. He felt really fresh in that year and a half he spent as a free agent on the indies. He's done everything he could possibly do in ROH.

Again, even if you take out all of the talk about internal issues, three of the four guys named potentially leaving doesn't totally shock me, personally.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri May 06, 2016 7:36 am

Meltzer wrote:There are unhappy people there since late last year. A few of them have signed new deals since that point in time.

There are creative frustrations. But guys aren't quitting over pay on a regular basis. This has been the case for a while and nobody major has left, and if the guys whose contracts are up go, it's because of a better offer elsewhere like Maria & Bennett.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri May 06, 2016 11:02 am

If you are playing too cool for school cool. But those aren't the only names that will be leaving between now and the year, Delirious doesn't know how to build stars, the four leaving is only a symptom not the cause and ROH's internal problems are likely to get much worse.

Meltzer keeps giving the office line on things. Not talent.

BradPTBN

Post by BradPTBN » Fri May 06, 2016 1:36 pm

How long was the contract Cole signed?

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Fri May 06, 2016 1:49 pm

BradPTBN wrote:How long was the contract Cole signed?
close to a year