Ring Of Honor

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: Ring Of Honor

Post by supersonic » Sun May 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Shining Wiz wrote:
supersonic wrote:Anyone else think that in light of the recent litigation passed in North Carolina, ROH should relocate BITW 2016 weekend and avoid the state going forward until changes are made?

Considering who owns them, I doubt it's an issue that will be raised.
They did convince Jay Pugh to apologize for his idiocy, but you're likely correct.

Grammarian

Post by Grammarian » Sun May 08, 2016 6:17 pm

There will be a Naito/O'Reilly match, yet there's so little buzz about this match and this show.
twitter me @ItsGrammarian

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Sun May 08, 2016 6:21 pm

Grammarian wrote:There will be a Naito/O'Reilly match, yet there's so little buzz about this match and this show.
Great match up, but outcome not in any doubt, so some steam taken away.

Grammarian

Post by Grammarian » Sun May 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Shining Wiz wrote:
Grammarian wrote:There will be a Naito/O'Reilly match, yet there's so little buzz about this match and this show.
Great match up, but outcome not in any doubt, so some steam taken away.
I watch the weekly TV and I barely remember any mention of this match. It doesn't help that the last month or so of TV has been matches from February's Honor Rising cards. Everything feels so disconnected from promoting the PPV. Felt way more buzz about the Evolve shows this weekend, which is deserved buzz.
twitter me @ItsGrammarian

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sun May 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Imagine NOT thinking Jay Briscoe is one of the best promos in wrestling...

Also...

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Sun May 08, 2016 8:57 pm

new bullet club member tonight.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sun May 08, 2016 9:50 pm

I don't remember ever not having paper tickets to a ROH show and for tomorrow I bought tickets through showclix on their site and it says they will text me a mobile ticket 24 hours before the show. Is this reliable? Do I just show the text at the door?

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon May 09, 2016 1:24 am

The crowd going nuts for Okada and Tanahashi starting the match, and then booing when the ROH guys got in the ring was the perfect microcosm for ROH's trouble

adamclark52

Post by adamclark52 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:36 am

DXvsNWO wrote:
John The Drummer wrote: I have a friend going to the ROH show in Canada (this weekend?). They get Kenny Omega, lucky asshole.
He's even luckier since Toronto is getting two of the best matches on this entire tour (Okada/Sydal & KUSHIDA/O'Reilly). Very jealous.
yes I am, VERY LUCKY.

:D

Some "Kenny Omega" guy is supposed to be there too.
The only logical answer Sheamus could come up with was to disguise himself as Daniel Bryants seafood dinner.

wac

Post by wac » Mon May 09, 2016 3:19 am

DETROIT_KEJB wrote:I don't remember ever not having paper tickets to a ROH show and for tomorrow I bought tickets through showclix on their site and it says they will text me a mobile ticket 24 hours before the show. Is this reliable? Do I just show the text at the door?
Yes, just click the link in the text and they'll scan the QR code on your phon.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Mon May 09, 2016 3:31 am

If you'd have had Lethal win clean, then done the angle after in a less nWo-y fashion would've been a good show. Nothing spectacular, but good stuff.

The Tag and TV title matches were really good. There was some other fun stuff on the undercard. Colt/Lethal was going along fine. There was a rare balance in the booking between ROH and NJPW, where it didn't feel like the ROH guys got steamrolled for a change.

But then of course they had to do THAT. Why? Just why? What they did just leaves a real bad taste in the mouth, and you just can't call it a good show despite how nicely it was running to that point.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon May 09, 2016 3:33 am

Robareid wrote:If you'd have had Lethal win clean, then done the angle after in a less nWo-y fashion would've been a good show. Nothing spectacular, but good stuff.

The Tag and TV title matches were really good. There was some other fun stuff on the undercard. Colt/Lethal was going along fine. There was a rare balance in the booking between ROH and NJPW, where it didn't feel like the ROH guys got steamrolled for a change.

But then of course they had to do THAT. Why? Just why? What they did just leaves a real bad taste in the mouth, and you just can't call it a good show despite how nicely it was running to that point.
Death Before Dishonor II Pt. 2 main event and post-match shows EXACTLY the right way to book such an angle.

adamclark52

Post by adamclark52 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:39 am

Robareid wrote:But then of course they had to do THAT. Why? Just why? What they did just leaves a real bad taste in the mouth, and you just can't call it a good show despite how nicely it was running to that point.
All the good press the WWE got for rehashing fifteen year old angles last week at Payback got them thinking?
The only logical answer Sheamus could come up with was to disguise himself as Daniel Bryants seafood dinner.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Mon May 09, 2016 4:14 am

Anybody there live? How was the crowd? Meltzer said it was mic'd poorly as the crowd were chanting and on their feet but you could barely hear it.
How over was Naito with the crowd?
How was the Fish-Ishii match?
How did the main event angle come off?
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Mon May 09, 2016 5:35 am

Someone (Alvarez IIRC) said like 5-6 years ago that ROH is too big to be small, and too small to be big. Funny how in 2016 it looks to be more true than 5-6 years ago.