Ring Of Honor

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Re: Ring Of Honor 2015

Post by Robareid » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:44 pm

Roddy just got pulled from the Las Vegas main because of a scheduling conflict. He's wrestling in Southside the next day, not sure if he's booked somewhere else the day of.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:06 pm

ReDragon Vs. Nakamura & Lethal :o

BrianB1027

Post by BrianB1027 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:21 pm

Another great match added. One complaint though is the insane amount of tag matches on this show. 3 out of the 4 matches are tags and they still have Young Bucks, Addiction, The Kingdom, and ACH and Sydal.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Is that really a complaint. I'd rather fresh tag matches than stale and repetitive singles stuff.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:03 pm

dancecab wrote:Field of Honor is starting to look epic. I wish this was a IPPV. ROH is just bringing it with these supershows this year.
Dream World scenario would be a live Destination America special. You know the kind of ones TNAMecca thought TNA would get.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:10 pm

BrianB1027 wrote:Another great match added. One complaint though is the insane amount of tag matches on this show. 3 out of the 4 matches are tags and they still have Young Bucks, Addiction, The Kingdom, and ACH and Sydal.
Well that's more because ROH seems to have the most deep Tag Team scene in the World right now.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:10 pm

rovert wrote:
dancecab wrote:Field of Honor is starting to look epic. I wish this was a IPPV. ROH is just bringing it with these supershows this year.
Dream World scenario would be a live Destination America special. You know the kind of ones TNAMecca thought TNA would get.
I almost want that to happen just to see them completely loose their mind.

Derek Drago

Post by Derek Drago » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Can we please get Aries vs Cole on this show? Please?

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:24 am

I wonder if putting Nakamura in a tag team match at Field of Honor means he'll be in a singles match at the TV Tapings the day before in Philly.

Also, who is Roddy wrestling in Southside?

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:23 pm

Will Ospreay

Mike

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:27 pm

ty_dawson wrote:Awesome news... but assuming they are just going to completely ignore Philly show for now to build up Brooklyn vs NXT/PWS.
I hope you're coming in for this, buddy! My couch is open. Stay for NXT.

I would hope this is leading to Lethal/Nakamura at Final Battle. With Naka at the Philly show and being TV, could be some hints to set it up. This is all just fantasy booking though. May also be Lethal/Cole.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:18 am

Here's the full card for this weekend's show in Hopkins, Minnesota:

- Triple Threat Match - "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong vs. Kyle O'Reilly
- Tag Team Match - Undisputed ROH World Champion/ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal & Truth Martini vs. Jay Briscoe & ODB
- Adam Cole vs. Bobby Fish
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Matt Taven (with Maria Kanellis)
- ACH vs. Dalton Castle
- Four-Corner Survival - Michael Bennett (with Maria Kanellis) vs. Moose vs. Will Ferrara vs. Cheeseburger
- Mark Briscoe vs. Danny Duggan
- Silas Young & The Beer City Bruiser vs. War Machine

Also, Austin Aries will be taking Roderick Strong's place in the Six-Man Tag Team Main Event in Las Vegas. It will now be Jay Lethal, Austin Aries & Moose vs. Jay Briscoe, Kyle O'Reilly & Dalton Castle.
Robareid wrote:Will Ospreay
Strong vs. Osprey should be fantastic!

Mike

Post by Mike » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:25 pm

What a weird main event on TV. And strange they left the "This match sucks" chants semi-audible on a taped show. The Elgin face powerman stuff was okay, but the crowd didn't want to cheer for it. Him getting murdered and still kicking out got zero response in what should have been a HOLY SHIT HOW DID HE KICK OUT pop.

Still an alright show overall and I'm excited what they can do with Cole/Kyle down the line, but that match was just very odd.

Also, Terminal 5 STINKSSSSSSSS.

Tom Bobo

Post by Tom Bobo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:40 pm

Adam Cole vs. Dalton Castle for DBD XIII in two weeks.

That should be a lot of fun.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:07 pm

Tom Bobo wrote:Adam Cole vs. Dalton Castle for DBD XIII in two weeks.

That should be a lot of fun.
At first i thought it was a strange match to put Cole in. He should be positioned much higher on the company than with Castle. I think we all forget that Castle is still in a position, where he puts others over. He's still the new kid on the block. But when i thought about it, it actually makes sense. Cole has been out with an injury forever, and after coming back he has taken the fall in his three matches back. So it actually makes sense to have Cole start from the bottom and work his way up again. This time as a face it looks like.
Mike wrote:What a weird main event on TV. And strange they left the "This match sucks" chants semi-audible on a taped show. The Elgin face powerman stuff was okay, but the crowd didn't want to cheer for it. Him getting murdered and still kicking out got zero response in what should have been a HOLY SHIT HOW DID HE KICK OUT pop.

Still an alright show overall and I'm excited what they can do with Cole/Kyle down the line, but that match was just very odd.

Also, Terminal 5 STINKSSSSSSSS.
Oh yeah, Terminal 5 stinks. It looks worse on TV than it did on the PPV.

I thought the episode was good. Watanabe is getting better, and the main event was really solid too. None of the matches were particularly awesome. Watanabe/Castle was an slightly above average **3/4 and main event was a solid ***1/2 tv main event. Jay Lethal was amazing in his promo, and that was the highlight of the show for me. I thought he really put over the importance of both titles. I'm excited to see how they're gonna book a double title reign.