Ring Of Honor

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
DXvsNWO

Re: Ring Of Honor 2015

Post by DXvsNWO » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:26 am

ROH put out this poster, confirming they will be in Dallas for two shows for 'Mania Weekend (probably a placeholder since I doubt Lethal will still be World TV Champion by next April):

So, like usual, they're doing two shows during 'Mania Weekend. I think this pretty much confirms that ROH treated Supercard of Honor IX in San Jose as an afterthought, despite both Samoa Joe & Jushin "Thunder" Liger being in key matches.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:33 am

Silas Young vs. Willie Mack has been added to the Las Vegas show this weekend. Good to see Willie Mack getting a shot in ROH. I've seen a lot of fans over the last few years say they want to see him come in.

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:01 am

DXvsNWO wrote:Silas Young vs. Willie Mack has been added to the Las Vegas show this weekend. Good to see Willie Mack getting a shot in ROH. I've seen a lot of fans over the last few years say they want to see him come in.
Myself included. Always been a fan of Mack's. Good opponent to put him up against as well. Despite the fact that I've never really liked Silas, it should be a good match for those attending.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:45 am

Hope he sticks around!

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:03 pm

I highly doubt he will. He's likely being use for this show because Las Vegas is relatively close to where he lives. He's not really a big enough name to fly across the country.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:46 pm

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:53 pm

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Robareid wrote:I highly doubt he will. He's likely being use for this show because Las Vegas is relatively close to where he lives. He's not really a big enough name to fly across the country.
I know he has his friends and defenders but he's too much of a flake to plan around to be honest too.

JML

Post by JML » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:55 pm

rovert wrote:
Robareid wrote:I highly doubt he will. He's likely being use for this show because Las Vegas is relatively close to where he lives. He's not really a big enough name to fly across the country.
I know he has his friends and defenders but he's too much of a flake to plan around to be honest too.
Is that why he got released from WWE?

AndyItwaru

Post by AndyItwaru » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Interesting stuff about Willie Mack, what's the inside baseball about him being a flake? I think he's super talented and wonders why he doesnt get more work (the recent lucha stuff aside) having a bad rep would explain that

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:36 pm

AndyItwaru wrote:Interesting stuff about Willie Mack, what's the inside baseball about him being a flake? I think he's super talented and wonders why he doesnt get more work (the recent lucha stuff aside) having a bad rep would explain that
From what I can recall, he was in the middle of a big push in PWG in 2012 (challenging Kevin Steen for the PWG World Title, teaming with El Generico in DDT4, scoring victories over Naruki Doi, Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin), but he had an underwhelming match with Brian Cage late in the year (I believe it was at Failure To Communicate) and, supposedly, Super Dragon wasn't happy & gave up on pushing him (though I don't know if that part about Super Dragon is true, just something I've heard a few times).

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:36 pm

JML wrote: Is that why he got released from WWE?
Willie said WWE had issues with his medical. Both how one of his legs healed from injury and as well as his blood pressure.

AndyItwaru

Post by AndyItwaru » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Hopefully he can build his rep back up, from what I understand his king of the indies tourny work was good and I think he's pretty over in lucha underground. I think the guy has a really unique charisma, and if Lucha underground doesn't work out for whatever reason if I was ROH id definitely wanna scoop him up because I see him as having a lot of upside and there's also the added bonus of being someone wwe probably wont try and take.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:30 pm

It's a long way for them to fly a guy for most of their shows though who isn't really a big star even at an indy level

AndyItwaru

Post by AndyItwaru » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:09 pm

That's a fair point. I (like just about everyone else) wish that sinclair would open up their wallets and let the moths fly out so they can develop some talent. Their current system of the paid tryout camps is fine for what it is, but they're running the risk of becoming nxt lite as far as getting guys ready for wwe. I think a better strategy would be to get a few key guys that wwe probably wont take in the main event slots, and younger talent in the second tier that wwe is likely to take. Although the observer reported that wwe is less keen on signing ROH guys at all these days so who knows.