WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
RolandGunner

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by RolandGunner » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:42 pm

Wrestlecircus announced the first batch of matches for the 1/14 show:

EC3 / Mike Elgin for the title
Moose / Cage in the monthly hoss battle
KES / Guerillas of Destiny
Rey Fenix & Laredo Kid / Extra Talent-ed (Ricky Starks & Aaron Solow)
Jervis Cottonbelly / Space Monkey

Glad to see some of the local guys get a match with Fenix.

ErinQuinn

Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by ErinQuinn » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:55 pm

Shane Strickland vs Sammy Guevara added, which should be a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:59 pm

Also Trevor Lee, Willie Mack, and Jeff Cobb in a three way and Jax Dane / Carson in a bull rope match. That's 8 matches already and they'll probably add a women's match and a multiman for the Sideshow title. WrestleCircus stays overbooking 4 Lyfe

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:04 pm

Rachel Ellering vs Leva Bates vs Havok vs Delilah Doom

Rachel needs two more wins to get the Lady of the Ring title

And really glad Delilah is on the show, she's another local they could build the women's division around

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:20 pm

And final match for the Sideshow Title: Scorpio Sky vs Matt Cross vs Ethan Page vs Jordan Len-X vs Gregory James

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:33 am

So they're doing a deal where ticket buyers to both the January and February shows will get a free ticket to the March show...that's...interesting

Not complaining just would like them to stay in business

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:14 am

ErinQuinn wrote:And final match for the Sideshow Title: Scorpio Sky vs Matt Cross vs Ethan Page vs Jordan Len-X vs Gregory James

Nice to see Gregory James getting a shot

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Another awesome show last night and with substantially better pacing than December. GoD / KES and Sammy / Strickland were both top notch matches. Davey looked very lean and was moving great. With the big push Suzuki-gun is getting, I think he's going to have a huge 2017. Only downside for me was the crowd didn't really know how to handle the women's 4 way or the impromptu hoss battle between Elgin and Cage.

Next show is Sunday, Feb 19th with Sammy Guevara vs Ricochet (!!!) and Scorpio Sky defending the Sideshow title against Jordan Len-X after Scorp cheated to keep the strap last night. Also announced: Guerillas of Destiny, Fenix, and Strickland all return plus Dijak and Joey Ryan. Can't wait.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:07 pm

I had a really good time and will agree the KES/GOD match and Guevara/Strickland were the highlight matches; Moose/Cobb continued the string of fun WrestleCircus hoss battles, and having not seen a lot of Moose since he left ROH, he's gotten a lot better. Watching Cobb toss him around is scary and awesome.

Hope they give Rachel Ellering a singles match next show since she's close to winning their women's title (which needs to be settled). Women's 4 away was cluttered and would have preferred singles matches. I actually liked the Christi Jaynes-Allie Kat match a bit more

Glad Brian Cage got the title though I would have preferred Elgin, his NJPW commitments might be a hindrance. Anyone is better than EC3

Extra Talented/Fenix & Laredo was really fun as well. Glad Starks and Solow keep getting showcase matches

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:54 pm

ErinQuinn wrote:I had a really good time and will agree the KES/GOD match and Guevara/Strickland were the highlight matches; Moose/Cobb continued the string of fun WrestleCircus hoss battles, and having not seen a lot of Moose since he left ROH, he's gotten a lot better. Watching Cobb toss him around is scary and awesome.
Good shout on Cobb. I missed the beginning of that match while in the bathroom but watching Jeff deadlift Moose was insane :shock:

thisredengine

Post by thisredengine » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:21 pm

First post on VoW...

I've been to the past two Wrestle Circus shows and there is a much better crowd than the other Austin-based shows (PWR/ACW/Inspire).

GoD and KES stole the show for me. Just a brutal match. It's great to see Wrestle Circus build a Bullet Club/Suzuki-gun rivalry on the down low in Texas.
Sammy Guevara and Shane Strickland tore the house down. Both guys have bright futures but you can tell that Wrestle Circus is heavily invested in Sammy. He's got all the potential in the world to have a breakout year in 2017.
I do agree that the crowd wasn't super up for the 4-way match or main event but I think that's mostly just due to the exhaustion of having two incredible matches back to back. Rachael Ellering is due for the title and will be a great champ.
I'm excited to see what they do with Cage in the upcoming months. It's clear that EC3 wasn't working in the way they anticipated, though I'll disagree with past statements about his inability to get heat from the crowd during the Pentagon Jr. match.

Really looking forward to next month.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:49 am

My buddy went to the show and had a great time. My goal is to get out here at some point this year to see a show. Ricochet/Sammy for 2/19 sounds amazing but I can't make that weekend. Ideally we get a perfectly timed weekend (for both fans & wrestlers) where PWG runs a Friday, Wrestle Circus runs a Saturday & then Sunday I can get a ride to Monterrey. LOL

He said the show went a good 4 and a half hours though which I can see contributing to a tired crowd but he said Cage/Elgin was awesome.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:08 am

The year of the Scott Norton indy run is upon us

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:09 am

I just screamed with joy! Maybe he can destroy Joey Ryan with a power bomb

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:41 am

Are these shows gonna make tape? Some of these matches sound really great and I'd be willing to plop down some bucks for the VOD.