Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
thisredengine

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by thisredengine » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:45 am

suplexberry wrote:Are these shows gonna make tape? Some of these matches sound really great and I'd be willing to plop down some bucks for the VOD.
Off record, they're talking with FloSlam. On record, they've said they're going to be releasing DVDs.

cpgoat3

Post by cpgoat3 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:49 pm

thisredengine wrote:
suplexberry wrote:Are these shows gonna make tape? Some of these matches sound really great and I'd be willing to plop down some bucks for the VOD.
Off record, they're talking with FloSlam. On record, they've said they're going to be releasing DVDs.
This would make me so happy!

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:56 pm

Awesome. I'd pick up DVDs of these shows.

thisredengine

Post by thisredengine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:59 am

Just announced Zak Sabre Jr. for the February card.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:36 am

Matches announced so far:
Cage vs Zach Sabre Jr
Sammy Guevara vs Ricochet
Jorden Len-X vs Scorpio Sky
Fenix vs Dezmond Xavier vs Shane Strickland
And.....

Joey Ryan vs Scott Norton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradPTBN

Post by BradPTBN » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:19 am

And iPPV to boot. Twitter can buzz a bit (but doesn't always translate to clicks), but it'll be interesting to see how they go from having zero footage available for purchase (granted, some matches on YouTube) to getting buys for an iPPV.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:58 am

I'm hoping the iPPV relates back to the FloSlam rumors; at least there would be a base that would watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thisredengine

Post by thisredengine » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:20 pm

My concern for the iPPV is that the crew they have filming doesn't seem to really understand distance or angles well. If you watch the youtube videos, they're so close that things aren't framed up properly. Granted Gabe has a solid crew for WNN but the comparison is night and day.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:39 pm

There's a new streaming service featuring two free matches from their last show...

http://video.wrestlecircus.com

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:14 am

Turns out WC is giving away March tickets because they have been approved to do a SXSW showcase at a larger venue. Should be a great chance to get more exposure nationally and worldwide. Very curious to see who they bring in.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:27 am

themib wrote:There's a new streaming service featuring two free matches from their last show...

http://video.wrestlecircus.com
So do they plan on putting full shows on there?

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:07 am

Strickland vs Sammy was AWESOME! Definitely check that out for free while you can. Those two killed it.

I heard they're going to do an iPPV of their 2/19 show and I assume that's where it'll be. iPPV is risky, it might be better if they just stuck it on VOD the next day but good luck to them. I'm just happy it'll be available because that lineup looks great.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:23 pm

Yeah that card looks all sorts of entertaining. I hope it goes off without too many hiccups.

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Another awesome, exhausting show last night. You can get full impressions from the VoW twitter account but I have to emphasize how insane that Fenix / Strickland / Xavier threeway was. Just wall to wall high spots including a couple I've never seen anywhere. It was louder for the ending of that match than when Ricochet came out, which doesn't seem possible. Couple other thoughts:

Tama Tonga takes every bump incredibly hard. He would legit shake the ring on every spot. Gave his parts of the tag team battle royal serious intensity.

WC has brought in some serious hosses but Jeff Cobb's mutant strength is on another level. He was dead lift tossing ACH around like a small child.

The show should be up on demand if anyone wants to check it out.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:20 pm

RolandGunner wrote:Another awesome, exhausting show last night. You can get full impressions from the VoW twitter account but I have to emphasize how insane that Fenix / Strickland / Xavier threeway was. Just wall to wall high spots including a couple I've never seen anywhere. It was louder for the ending of that match than when Ricochet came out, which doesn't seem possible. Couple other thoughts:

Tama Tonga takes every bump incredibly hard. He would legit shake the ring on every spot. Gave his parts of the tag team battle royal serious intensity.

WC has brought in some serious hosses but Jeff Cobb's mutant strength is on another level. He was dead lift tossing ACH around like a small child.

The show should be up on demand if anyone wants to check it out.
One of the best shows I've ever seen live, and I've been to A LOT of shows, from glory days ROH & ECW to WWE PPV's, DGUSA, NXT, Mania weekends, and everything in between.

The Fenix/Stirckland/Xavier three way was as good as it gets for a multi man spotfest, right up there with any I've seen, including the 2009 King of Trios four way with Ibushi & Generico. Lots of innovative stuff, no regards for slowing down, and just pure insanity from bell to bell. It got "Match of the year" chants that didn't feel forced at all. I actually thought about going 5-stars, it was that good live.

No disrespect to indie wrestlers, but sometimes when you go to an indie show, even a high level show like this one with the best of the best, certain talent stands out as major league, whether by working at another gear, being a different level of crisp, projecting themselves as stars, or in this case, like you mentioned, Tonga's bumping. Tonga hit the ring and everything screamed "major league", from the way he moved around the ring to the way he bumped. 100% accurate.

Cobb/ACH was totally unique, and Cobb rag dolling the local hero while ACH sold like he was helpless was some visual.

Everyone was dead fucking tired by the time Ricochet/Sammy G hit the ring, but the match was predictably great, and as someone who has been watching Sammy since he was 18, this might have been his smoothest performance.

I thought I was going to hate the tag team rumble/guantlet thing, but it ended up being a great match concept with an incredible match layout. I was genuinely astounded at how well put together the match was. Everyone had a purpose, a chance to shine, and a story within the story. G.O.D. vs Starks & Solow was so well worked and intense, and it was cool to see Extra Talented hang just fine with a NJPW team. Was happy to see GOD win as they were clearly the most over of the six teams, and it means they'll be back. I've never seen a team go from dreadful to awesome in such short order, like they hit a switch. Was happy for Ricky Starks, who the match was obviously built around in a lot of ways going pretty much wire to wire.

Fenix/Strickland/Dezomond Xavier - ****3/4
Dijak/Rowe - **** (Rowe broke his nose)
GOD vs Extra Talented vs The Boys vs DBS Jr/Carson vs Taylor/Lee vs Dalton/McKenzie - ****1/2
ACH vs Cobb - ****
Ricochet vs Sammy Guevara - ****1/4

Might be one of the last times Shane Taylor & Keith Lee team together. I hope WC finds a way to book them on the same shows moving forward.