WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Ckkj14

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by Ckkj14 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:29 pm

This is the type of company that needs to be on Flo

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Any way to watch this on streaming right now?

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:06 pm

mlev76 wrote:Any way to watch this on streaming right now?
They said on twitter that there was an issue with the upload where the audio didn't sync properly. On demand should be up soon. WC did start announcing the March show. So far:

For the women's title: Rachel Ellering vs Tessa Blanchard

Sideshow title match: Joey Ryan vs Scorpio Sky

Also appearing:

Matt Riddle
Colt Cabana
Brian Cage
Fred Yehi
Davey Boy Smith
And a cast of thousands

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:07 pm

I like the company name and title names, tbh. Can't imagine they keep the theme up more than that though.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:45 am

RobViper13 wrote:You can always tell how well a promoter is taking care of talent based on work ethic & especially what kind of spots the guys do. Based on the matches I've seen from here & the clips of last night - guys are killing themselves to perform here. Which means they want to be brought back. Everyone wants on these shows... 13 matches is evidence of that. You can also look at it as maybe the wrestlers see this as a group where the well will run dry very soon and they want a piece before it happens. Time will tell with this group but they are certainly getting quite the buzz amongst fans & wrestlers right now.
Timely bump.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:57 pm

CMLL's had that one anniversary show where it was hosted on YouTube and the link got out quickly. Wrestling Twitter did a horrible job of keeping it quiet - people asking for and passing the link around, with half attempts to act coy about it but in a way where anyone with CMLL would've noticed it if they were looking.

Much more recently, there was the ROH Drive situation. Everyone involved should've known it was doomed once too many people found out and yet, when the entire existence depended on people being quiet about it on Twitter, people on Twitter couldn't resist talking about it and it was shut down.

If 20,000 people were pirating WrestleCircus live, then wrestling twitter has either evolved at a massive pace to keep quiet about the pirated content they're sharing around in miraculous fashion, or Dark Twitter is much bigger than I knew. Among the people I follow and check out who seem to watch everything, fewer of them seemed to be checking out WrestleCircus than the average FloSlam show. I was pleasantly surprised for them when they said 1,000 people bought the show, that's seems like a really good number for a first time show for a promotion that only mentioned in the WON's Here & There section, and more then it felt like were watching live. It definitely didn't feel like 20K

Also, if 95% of your viewers were getting it without paying, maybe the issue is not as much with the pirates with whoever was supposed to keeping the pirates out. If 95% of the people in the building got in without paying, you're probably not happy with them, but the person you should be angry with is whoever's watching the door.

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:15 pm

I heard that the show had like 5-6 +**** matches so I really wanted to watch it today. I started with that 3 way that got a lot of buzz and..I decided to not watch more than this. The match was so fucking awesome, as good as an 11 minute spotfest gets, but the commentary was just disgustingly bad. Calls like "oh, Tye Dillinger would give it 11" or "#buyatshirt" were kinda embarassing. Really hated this stuff, if they manage to get better announcers then I can become their pernament fan, but now I will only watch the stuff that gets rave reviews.

So yeah, watch the 3 way everyone, that was just nuts. **** 1/4 from me, would have been a lot higher if the announcing wasn't so awful.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:55 pm

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:I heard that the show had like 5-6 +**** matches so I really wanted to watch it today. I started with that 3 way that got a lot of buzz and..I decided to not watch more than this. The match was so fucking awesome, as good as an 11 minute spotfest gets, but the commentary was just disgustingly bad. Calls like "oh, Tye Dillinger would give it 11" or "#buyatshirt" were kinda embarassing. Really hated this stuff, if they manage to get better announcers then I can become their pernament fan, but now I will only watch the stuff that gets rave reviews.

So yeah, watch the 3 way everyone, that was just nuts. **** 1/4 from me, would have been a lot higher if the announcing wasn't so awful.
Shame about the commentary, but that's the state of indie commentators unfortunately. It's a really hard job that very few people are good at.

From the previous page, this was the 4+ stuff imo:

Fenix/Strickland/Dezomond Xavier - ****3/4
Dijak/Rowe - **** (Rowe broke his nose)
GOD vs Extra Talented vs The Boys vs DBS Jr/Carson vs Taylor/Lee vs Dalton/McKenzie - ****1/2
ACH vs Cobb - ****
Ricochet vs Sammy Guevara - ****1/4

Most people liked Zack Sabre Jr vs Brian Cage more than I did. I thought Jax Dane vs Trevor Lee was pretty good too, with Lee working his ass off and Dane really looking the best that he has ever looked. You could make 4-star arguments for both of those matches.

Murrr

Post by Murrr » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:06 am

I watched the show in a couple of sittings yesterday. The commentary might be the worst I've ever heard aside from maybe ICW. It was distractingly horrendous, and full of the problems described on this week's flagship. Just two obnoxious dudes trying hard to get themselves over (loudly) above all else. Their audio was extremely loud in the mix too, which didn't help.

The actual wrestling was pretty great. I had ACH/Cobb, Fenix/Strickland/Xavier and Ricochet/Sammy at ****+ and a bunch of others weren't far behind. Think I would have been able to enjoy it a lot more without the commentary - it really was hideous.

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:58 am

I'm up to the Sideshow title match and I'm enjoying my first WC quite thoroughly. Yes the commentary is groan worthy but I've heard far worse indie commentating teams over the years.

Wrestle Circus has impressed me big time with this first iPPV. A great mix of wrestlers giving 110% in the ring making every match entertaining. This is definitely going to be a promotion to watch if you love great independent wrestling.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:44 pm

I found this amusing

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:38 pm

If I supposedly lost money because 20,000 dastardly pirates stole my live feed, I'd definitely run another iPPV

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:38 pm

I managed to get tickets to the show but it sounds like the RSVP system was a mess

Really looking forward to the show especially Cage/Riddle, Mundo/Guevara, and Cobb/Dane

Full line up:
Colt Cabana vs Matt Hardy
Ringmaster Title: Brian Cage vs Matt Riddle
Johnny Mundo vs Sammy Guevara
Sideshow Title: Joey Ryan vs Scorpio Sky vs a web page
Jeff Cobb vs Jax Dane
Curt Stallion vs Fred Yehi vs Gregory James
Tessa Blanchard vs Rachael Ellering
Extra Talented/Andy Dalton vs The Boys/Jordan Len-X
Davey Boy Smith Jr vs Carson
Barrett Brown vs Terrale Tempo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Glad Barrett Brown is getting a shot.

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:40 am

An 11 match show. Here's hoping they don't go for 5 hours again, because even if I enjoyed the previous show, 5 hours is too damn long, man.