Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by supersonic » Wed May 31, 2017 3:21 am

I sincerely hope the new location is as clean and convenient as downtown Austin. Loved having Chipotle literally across the street (just like the Manhattan Cebter) and being within short walking distance of Whole Foods headquarters too.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:17 pm

Is there some reason everyone shit all over the funding drive? Seems petty and unhelfpful from an outside perspective.

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Wed May 31, 2017 5:41 pm

mlev76 wrote:Is there some reason everyone shit all over the funding drive? Seems petty and unhelfpful from an outside perspective.
Because they're a business that started with a lot of capital. They're not a mom and pop indie, they specifically started this with the intention of spending a shit ton of money to bring guys in, and hoping they can fill big buildings to match the tons of money they're spending on talent (not to mention all the live streaming and such). Turning around and begging for money from fans who already pay to see your shows is incredibly lame. If WWE started a GoFundMe to pay for the Superdome that'd be stupid right? They're a huge company! Why would I donate to them? It's the same core principle, just on a smaller scale.

I could MAYBE get if this was a super small local indie that couldn't survive without a new building that held an emergency fundraiser to keep it from folding. You could make the case that Wrestlecircus is a top 5 US Indie in terms of name recognition/reach. The drive was not about investments, which would make some sort of sense. It was about charity. It's 100% carnie bullshit to its rotten core, and if you fall for it after all the other bullshit Wrestlecircus has pulled (like the blatant lie about pirated streams) just give me your money instead. Atleast I won't use it to book Cody Rhodes extravaganzas with 100 dollar front row seats.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Wed May 31, 2017 5:55 pm

I still can't figure out why they want to give away IPPV for free to get retweets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:23 am

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:06 pm

Who has time to go to six or seven shows per month?

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:00 pm

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:57 am

mlev76 wrote:Is there some reason everyone shit all over the funding drive? Seems petty and unhelfpful from an outside perspective.
It just seems wack to ask for an OUTRAGEOUS sum of money in a "WE NEEEED THIS IN ORDER TO KEEP GOING AND PROVIDE ALL OF THESE SERVICES THAT WE DON'T REALLY NEED!!!" Finding buildings is a part of booking wrestling, shows, etc, but begging for money to do it, especially after only existing for 6 months, is just lazy and wrong imo. I come from a very DIY background/scene, so that skews my perspective on this, but it seems like they want this marvelous thing without doing any of the work. PLUS, their venture is new enough that it is hard to say that it actually makes sense for them to make this step right away.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:54 pm

K. Hare wrote:
It just seems wack to ask for an OUTRAGEOUS sum of money in a "WE NEEEED THIS IN ORDER TO KEEP GOING AND PROVIDE ALL OF THESE SERVICES THAT WE DON'T REALLY NEED!!!" Finding buildings is a part of booking wrestling, shows, etc, but begging for money to do it, especially after only existing for 6 months, is just lazy and wrong imo. I come from a very DIY background/scene, so that skews my perspective on this, but it seems like they want this marvelous thing without doing any of the work. PLUS, their venture is new enough that it is hard to say that it actually makes sense for them to make this step right away.
I'm sympathetic to suspicions of promotions seeking funds from fans. We've already seen scam artists do this with WRP and I'm sure other examples exist. With that said, no one is forcing anyone to participate and certainly no one is expecting any one fan to pick up a large chunk of those $ amounts (it's moot now that the campaign has ended).

I actually like the idea of allowing fans to help invest and grow a promotion from the ground up to give them a true sense of ownership in the product. Better this than to have to get to the point of insolvency and have nothing left to offer your fans.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Why are the 2016 not available on their ondemand service?
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

Weirzbowski

Post by Weirzbowski » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:17 pm

So is Matthew Riddle just a mess of a human being when it comes to bookings?
1st sub to the VOW patreon. @berkatron

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:17 am

I've asked if 11/18 will be moved to Houston.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:07 am

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:09 am

Oh wow that Crown of Glory match

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:41 am