Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
MobbVanDam

Re: Wrestle Circus - The Texas SuperIndie

Post by MobbVanDam » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:29 am

oooooof, Dive Hard was like five and a half hours of mostly garbage. The last three matches were pretty decent but not so good that I'd sit through six hours of that shit again

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:32 am

I feel like John Morrison vs Luchasaurus is still going on...

Plenty of stuff I enjoyed on the show. I don't think the matches peaked as high as they have on previous events, but the floor for most everything was pretty high. The three title cluster was...a cluster, but it grouped the comedy stuff together. It's the type of match that is really going to turn some people off, especially if you aren't there live.

GOD vs RPG Vice was a good opener, tag title change was needed and I'm pretty excited about future Vice matches against the Lucha Bros and Extra Talented. This was GOD's first defense, it's too bad they couldn't have been around more before dropping the belts.

Scorpio Sky wrestled Brody King, who was replacing Jeff Cobb. Good match, King's looked good in his WC appearances, and it's nice of them to feature a few indy guys outside of the regular big name ones. Sky is still getting plenty of heat with the crowd, so that act is working.

On a five and half hour show, it's weird to say something should have gotten more time, but Mia Yim and Rachael Ellering should have gone a bit longer. They were having a good match and then it ended. Not sure why it went on so early either.

Adam Cole and Britt Baker beat Jessika Havok and Sami Callihan. I wouldn't call this a sprint, but it was worked at the type of pace Sami excels at.

Three Title Cluster was next, then they went to intermission.

Shake Strickland won a MITB type title shot in a ladder match against Mr. 450, Lio Rush, and Dezmond Xavier. I need to watch this on VOD because it didn't capture me live. Maybe I was out to lunch because some people I tweeted with loved this match. They appeared to keep setting a ladder bridge for a spot that never came, led to some odd moments and the crowd reacting negatively when they'd take apart the bridge. with the ceiling having a lot of pipes and the crowd so close, not sure if there was room to do a lot of the daredevil stuff people expect from this type of match. And ugh at even doing a cash-in title thing, it always feels so cheap, and being right after the WWE show doesn't do it any favors. That is the kind of things that come off as minor league and uncreative.

John Morrison and Luchasaurus had a match...the dinosaur guy looked like Mortis, Morrison tried hard with his normal athletic stuff, but it went way too long (20+ minutes) for this late in the show with one guy the crowd doesn't know. Luchasaurus also moves too much like the Undertaker and even did the zombie sit up, so awful.

Matt Sydal beat Zachary Wentz probably would have been earlier in the show if they didn't have to post two title matches in the first half. I missed them announcing this on twitter yesterday. Started getting really tired at this point. The work was good, but already at four hours, you see a lot of the same kind of moves and transitions, and I think that hurt the match. Didn't feel a ton of crowd interaction from either. If Wentz comes back, it may be good to pair him with his regular partner Xavier and give them a tag match

Myron Reed beat Michael Elgin, another good match, really, same thing applies here as for the last match. This whole second half was filled with guys making their first appearances and the crowd wasn't connecting as much because of that (and this show was toooooo long)

Red Dragon lost to the Lucha Bros. Someone tried to chant "NXT" and Fish and I just shook my head. One of those matches that felt like both teams hitting their usual spots, a bit of a condensed version of a longer, better match. Was really cool to see Fish and O'Reilly though since that chance may not come again for awhile. Penta is losing some of his aura for me though, maybe because I don't watch Lucha Underground, maybe being in a tag team, but I really look forward to Fenix more.

Shane Strickland beat Brian Cage and Sammy Guevara to win the Ringmasters Championship. Strickland cashed in his title shot about two thirds of the way through the main event. I think they wanted to show Sammy had Cage beat (hopefully that's what they did on commentary) and got screwed out of it, but they went another 4-5 minutes after the cash in which hurt that story a bit. Are things peaceful enough in the Austin scene for Sammy to even hold two companies titles? I don't mind Strickland as champ because he's had some tremendous performances and singles matches against Guevara, Cage, and other main event guy will be a blast, but winning it via cash in feels so cheap especially for a indy fed. Don't copy WWE...it doesn't even get heat, the fans love Strickland and he's not a heel anyway. Crowd did their best to stay hot for this match, they were super into Sammy during the bout, and popped big for the title change. Amazing consider its as nearly midnight.

A long post for a long show. They really need to trim this up; I can't imagine first time viewers making it through the whole thing (saw a few posts on my twitter feed confirming that). I hope the tipping system on Twitch paired off, because no one phoned it in.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:59 pm

As long as I continue to be in Texas and attending Wrestle Circus, this is my go-to subsistence. Whoever runs it is obviously a huge wrestling fan, and I actually saw him at last month's event.

https://www.facebook.com/BBQRevolt/
https://twitter.com/bbqrevolt
https://www.instagram.com/bbqrevolution/

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Someone not happy with an alternative to the cheap pay his companies have gotten away with thanks to WWE pathway leverage.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:04 pm

Until they upload their 2016 shows I'm not remotely interested in them.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:17 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:30 pm

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:51 pm

That's good. I wanted to watch Wrestle Circus but I don't have 6 hours to spend watching one show.

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:41 pm

King Of Indy Style wrote:That's good. I wanted to watch Wrestle Circus but I don't have 6 hours to spend watching one show.
Its the right decision. Very hard on people with kids or who drive in from out of town to be there until 11:00 or so. Especially when they do Sunday shows.

Last nights show was one of the better paced and was still kind of a drag. Ellering and Blanchard had probably the best women's match in WC history and did a great job of keeping the audience's attention. RPG Vice vs the Lucha Bros was still MOTN though. Fenix's agility is unreal. Ricochet is the only guy I've seen who can work on the ropes like him.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:49 am

2Rasslin

Post by 2Rasslin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:50 pm

Saturday's show was my first at 800 Congress. I don't know if any of the wrestling was good. I'll have to go back at watch the video. But the energy in the building made for a fun experience for sure.
Also Rhodes may not be a great wrestlers but live he definitely has a star presence. And he was over with that crowd

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:54 am

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:47 pm

Very interested to see the new (temporary) venue on Decker Ln. Also close to my house, so that's a big plus

Card announced so far

Brian Cage vs EC3
Big Top Tag Titles: Britt Baker & ? vs Jack Evans & Angelico
Delilah Doom vs Chelsea Green vs Joey Ryan
Sideshow Title: Tessa Blanchard vs Kevin Kondron
Jordan Len-X vs Flip Gordon vs JT Dunn vs Trey Miguel
Keith Lee vs Scorpio Sky
Bestia 666 vs Mecha Wolf vs Laredo Kid
Sammy Guevara vs Jay White

Some good stuff in here, even though I wish the multiperson matches were split up. Guevara vs White has potential to be fantastic

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:39 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:42 am