WWE NXT 2017 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
ODonnell

Re: WWE NXT 2017

Post by ODonnell » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Casey floated a big WWE signing not being talked about a few weeks back around the time of Hero breaking, and still nothing, any ideas on when this breaks?

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:26 pm

ODonnell wrote:
Buzz Sawyer wrote:
K. Hare wrote:been to every Philly show so far but didn't even know about this one/skipping it since last year's was so underwhelming. MAYBE I'll do it if I find incredibly cheap tickets.
How is it for the Tower? I would love to go, but it's a Thursday night.
I went to the first one at the Tower, shitty to get to, but it was an awesome show. Probably had more to do with it being the first show on the road (if you don't count the Arnold Classic)

Although I almost got kicked out for filming Enzo's entrance, so the staff tend to be Nazis
I've been to the Tower for a few concerts and it's the suckiest place in the world to have a venue. No parking, in the city.
Who's Rob Viper ?

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:58 am

ODonnell wrote:Casey floated a big WWE signing not being talked about a few weeks back around the time of Hero breaking, and still nothing, any ideas on when this breaks?
Casey runs a women's website and what is big to him may not be big to you.

Maybe in a month.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:04 am

Other than a possible Roddy/Almas match being set up for Takeover and DIY/Revival, tonight's tapings look reallllllllly lame and uninteresting

Welp, Chris Hero came out at the end with Kassius Ohno titantron and music, showed Nakamura his elbow and left. Could be just using his old titantron in a dark segment, but Ryan Satin could be right

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:40 am

ODonnell wrote:Casey floated a big WWE signing not being talked about a few weeks back around the time of Hero breaking, and still nothing, any ideas on when this breaks?
aja kong maybe.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:19 am

Plowing ahead with the assumption that Hero is on a Liger type deal until I have reason not to, despite all the evidence pointing to that not being the case. Screw evidence.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:18 am

From a 4-foot-11 marvel famous for breaking new ground on the obstacle course of “American Ninja Warrior,” to a 7-foot-2 pro basketballer who made history by becoming the first Indian-born player drafted to the NBA, you just never know who might be the next WWE Superstar.

That much is obvious following the recent visit of several high-profile athletes – hailing from the United States, United Kingdom, India and Germany – to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

“American Ninja Warrior” sensation Kacy Catanzaro, Texas Legends center Satnam Singh and New Orleans Saints linebacker Kasim Edebali all participated in workouts alongside WWE recruits this week, taking their first exploratory steps inside the squared circle under the guidance of Performance Center coach Norman Smiley.

Catanzaro came to fame in 2014 when she became the first woman to complete “American Ninja Warrior’s” perilous city finals course. Nearly three years later, she remains the only woman to accomplish that feat. Nicknamed “Mighty Kacy,” the 26-year old — who was a Division I gymnast before turning to obstacle course racing — has twice made “Sports Illustrated’s” “Fittest 50” list of the world’s top female athletes.

Twenty-one-year-old Singh made headlines when he was selected in the second round of the 2015 NBA draft by the Dallas Mavericks. Hailing from the small Indian village of Ballo Ke, the towering center is listed on the roster of the NBA D-League’s Legends team. He was also the subject of a recently released Netflix documentary titled “One in a Billion,” which details Singh’s remarkable journey to professional basketball.

At 6-foot-3 and 255 pounds, German-born Edebali has been a pass-rushing force for the Saints since signing as a free agent in 2014. In his rookie season, he recorded an impressive 22 tackles (15 solo), two sacks and one forced fumble.

While Catanzaro, Singh and Edebali ran the ropes, hit the canvas and locked up with Performance Center recruits and trainers, two other professional athletes observed the training: Recently retired English rugby player Eorl Crabtree — the nephew of U.K. wrestling legend Shirley “Big Daddy” Crabtree — toured the Performance Center and sat in on the the workouts, as did another German-born NFL player, Bjoern Werner, a former first-round draft pick who played three seasons with the Indianapolis Colts.

The workouts cap off a busy week at the WWE Performance Center, which greeted not only the arrival of three previously announced Chinese signees, but also four new female recruits from the U.S.
http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article/ka ... nce-center

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:41 am

TOZAWA jobbing on nxt house shows...

great!

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Albany show is in the same dump with terrible staffing and no parking. Probably going to pass this time.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:54 pm

Although the TV has been pretty underwhelming, the Takeovers still haven't disappointed. I'm excited for the Rumble weekend show.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:44 am

Does anyone know if WWE will ever upload any of the older NXT episodes? Not so much when they were more of a goofy "talent show", but ya know... when Big E was champ and what not.

Always curious why those haven't been put up.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:13 am

Good Name

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:47 am

Should've gone with Tyler Black.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:55 am

John The Drummer wrote:Does anyone know if WWE will ever upload any of the older NXT episodes? Not so much when they were more of a goofy "talent show", but ya know... when Big E was champ and what not.

I haven't checked in a while but all those old NXT episodes were on Hulu last time I used it.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:12 am

King Of Indy Style wrote:
John The Drummer wrote:Does anyone know if WWE will ever upload any of the older NXT episodes? Not so much when they were more of a goofy "talent show", but ya know... when Big E was champ and what not.

I haven't checked in a while but all those old NXT episodes were on Hulu last time I used it.
Really!? I'll have to take a gander at that. On the Network it only goes back to a few weeks before Arrival.