WWE NXT 2017 (A-show schedule in OP)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
RobViper13

Re: WWE NXT 2017

Post by RobViper13 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:30 am

rovert wrote:NO ONE will credit me for this but Sonjay Dutt has been guest training at the NXT Performance Center this week.
How many threads are you gonna literally beg for credit in?

You're an annoymous douchebag. Use your name, start a website, make some money or at the very least get the credit you so desperately crave.

Otherwise shut the fuck up and stop being jealous of people who make a living doing what you're too ashamed to do.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:37 am

Rob control yourself. I don't post in your goofy Lucha Underground attacking you.

Padje

Post by Padje » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Wasn't a fan of Ember Moon this week. Gave Aliyah way too much offence and allowed her to cut off her comeback.

I like her usually, but the sight of Ember Moon with her orange glowing eyes holding a pencil and talking about other competitors' matches on the Takeover pre-show is a killer to what could've been the Undertaker* of the female division.

*to a point, obviously

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:33 am

Casey has more info on his social media. But here's the list of identified talent:

Nicole Matthews and Sammy Guevara are the two I am hoping for.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:48 am

themib

Post by themib » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:33 am

rovert wrote:
He was over in the UK a couple of weeks ago for Rev Pro and IPW:UK, he was very good and presented a different style to the usual.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:15 am

rovert wrote:Casey has more info on his social media. But here's the list of identified talent:

Nicole Matthews and Sammy Guevara are the two I am hoping for.
I forgot Lei'D Tapa existed. Was baffled when TNA let her slip away. Tons of potential.

I missed Barbi Hayden the first time I looked at this.

I knew Sammy G would make it some day, I've been Tweeting and talking about him for years, but I didn't think he'd be on the radar this soon. Honestly I think there are things he needs to tighten up bell to bell, that'll come, but with him it will come down to maturity.

Give credit to Inspire for discovering him working low level South Texas indies in 2013 when he was a teenager.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:37 pm

Sammy will probably end up in CWC 2. He has already started with WWN.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:34 pm

Add Ricky Starks to the list.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Texas well repped with Guevara, Starks, Barbi Hayden

I've been talking up Starks & Guevara for years. I'll break them down.

Starks is interesting because he isn't flashy and won't blow you away. He's good at the little things the company likes. He sells his ass off. Great facials. Natural heel but is also very good at showing fire and is an excellent hot tag. He's a natural promo. Inspire always lets him cut loose on the mic. I've had several long conversations with him, he's very cerebral and studies tape like crazy. All kinds of tape. Watches all of the puro and lucha that hardcore fans do. His favorite wrestler is the Undertaker, and to show how deep he goes, he's a big fan of Japanese indie wrestler HUB. Every time I talk to him he talks about preserving his body. He's right on the 205 cruiserweight line, and is pals with people like Swann, ACH, Ricochet, etc but doesn't work that way. His strong suit is working crowds, generating heat, and selling. I saw him work a three way ladder match with Sammy Guevara & Barrett Brown where all together they did *one* ladder dive (Guevara shooting star off the ladder to the floor, which was mental) the entire bout, but still managed to have an awesome match. Works hard and puts a lot of thought into his character. Currently in an excellent cocky heel tag team with Aaron Solow (Extra TalentED). He's got some stuff on The Network, most notably a Main Event bout vs Kane and an NXT tag vs Cass & Enzo where he takes a ridiculous bump over the top.

Guevara most of you have probably seen lately with WWNLive so I won't go into deep detail. Obviously a great athlete with tremendous talent. He's another natural heel who almost always works heel in Texas. Would be perfect for something like a CWC. Still only 22 or 23, but was already an obvious future star as a teenager. Ran into some maturity issues a few years ago and spent some time blackballed from the major players in Texas. He still isn't welcomed in some places (RCW in San Antonio). Inspire was the first place of note to push him hard. He's a regular with lucha group Martinez Promotions and has worked people like Pentagon Jr. If it were my call, Starks & Guevara wouldn't have left the PC without deals.

Hayden works as a personal trainer. She's fit, but in more of the Dana Brooke way than the Eva Marie way. Good worker, wouldn't call her great, but much better now than when I first saw her in 2009 or so. Made her name in ACW when Rachael Summerlynn was office there and ACW was a big deal around 2009, 2010 on the women's scene (their annual women's tournament was a big deal in those circles and they were the first to heavily push IG before it was trendy). When the NWA made their most recent strong revival a few years ago Hayden was picked to be the face of the NWA women via Inspire Pro which was controlling the NWA Women's belt, with Inspire co-owner and ex-ACW office Justin Bissonette booking the programs, but when the NWA turmoil went down and Tharpe assumed full power from Chris Ronquillo (Bissonette's ally who picked him to book the women), they did a title switch in Florida without consulting Biss so Inspire quit the NWA. Hayden was Biss's hand picked champion and project, so she lost her spot in the power play to Florida based Santana Garrett/Amber Gallows. So basically Hayden lost her high profile push due to politics. She moved to Florida shortly after (and made news with a now infamous GoFundMe to pay for the trip), but largely fell off the scene post NWA run. On look alone I could see them hiring her.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:43 pm

The only Tigre Imperial ever in AAA was Kotaro Suzuki. (Who looks like he was in Japan this week on Twitter). Probably some Mexico indie guy passing himself as from AAA that's below even my radar.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:07 pm

rovert wrote:NO ONE will credit me for this but Sonjay Dutt has been guest training at the NXT Performance Center this week.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:16 pm

rovert wrote:
In this particular case, wordage is important.

Was Sonjay training as in helping young talent "learn the ropes" so to speak?
Or was Sonjay training as in developing his own skills?

I hope the latter, because I can't think of a single thing that he would have to offer the former.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:03 am

Rovert can't answer those type of questions because he doesn't know what the fuck Sonjay was doing there as all he has is spying on pictures from IG/facebook like the fucking shitbag he is. No doubt came across it while creeping on some chick.

Sammy left without a deal. This is why you'll never work for WWE, Joe.

I've been catching up on NXT TV and it's funny because when watching Takeover with my buddy we both found it odd the crowd didn't bust out "this is awesome" within 2 minutes of the show starting. Then of course on TV I see they already ran through that chant for the awful conga line dude pre-show match. So it all makes sense now.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:45 am

RobViper13 wrote:Rovert can't answer those type of questions because he doesn't know what the fuck Sonjay was doing there as all he has is spying on pictures from IG/facebook like the fucking shitbag he is. No doubt came across it while creeping on some chick.
Oh yeah as I haven't such questions in the past.

Rob you are total nutcase and you are the last person to call someone a creepy look at the stuff you've posted about women and the handicapped. The actual situation I just forgot to answer.

Sonjay was there to be a trainer and live event producer.

It is actually was bigger tryout that normal. They threw him in at the deep end. He's a capable dude but he was there Monday until Sunday and was running the classes and helped at the TV taping. Ran the new class of recruits with Corino and Regal too.

Has a deal on the table. They want him so the ball in his court was the word directly after his tryout.