Impact Wrestling (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: IMPACT the REBORN Tracker Thread

Post by supersonic » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:56 pm

Meltzer:
Very sorry to report that Live Audio Wrestling has been canceled and John Pollock and Jason Agnew were let go by The Fight Network. It's sad that the Impact acquisition has devastated Anthem's television network, first losing Robin Black and now Pollock, who is the total real deal as a reporter. I've been doing that show every weekend for 19 years and have enjoyed it greatly. John, Jason and Dan Lovranski have been great to work with and I wish the best to all of them.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:23 am

JImmy Jacobs is now a creative consultant in TNA.

Update:

Jimmy Jacobs made his debut tonight and also has creative input.

He apparently hasn’t signed a TNA contract and is said to be “non-committal.”

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:26 am

I give Jacobs a month before he bails.

Edwards is praying he gets to work in NOAH for the rest of his contract.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:36 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:04 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:11 pm

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:04 am

again?

TNAmarkFromIndia

Post by TNAmarkFromIndia » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Don Callis trying to book NJPW talent on Impact, Brian Cage in talks for coming in.
- Corrections from last week's Observer: Don Callis is 50, not 53. He also made the decision to not bring back Bruce Prichard, they have heat with each other stemming after Callis believed it was Prichard who got him fired from WWF in early 1999 after Prichard went to management and accused him of getting over at the expense of talent.

- In their recruiting of new talent, Impact is really pushing the "You can keep your IP and work for a lot of other places at the same time" aspect, Impact's idea with this pitch is hot young talent will see Impact as a place they can build their names up rather than a place where guys with buzz sign with and immediately cool off as has happened few times in the past. Callis told them out straight, you need to stop acting like WWE if you're not in a position to compete.

- Sounds like the next major non-One Night Only PPV for Impact will be April 22.

- Expect to see Impact and AAA working closer together now. Don Callis will try to see if he can book New Japan's "key foreign stars" in some cases that would require Impact not just getting a deal with New Japan, but with ROH as well which seems to be ongoing.

- Impact has talked to Brian Cage about coming in. New Japan has also had interest in Cage since he had a great match with Katsuhiko Nakajima in NOAH.
Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Kenny Omega on Impact?
A listener asked whether Kenny Omega could appear in Impact since Don Callis has the opportunity to form a partnership with New Japan and Ring of Honor. While being signed as an executive vice president of Impact Wrestling, Callis also serves as an English commentator for New Japan Pro Wrestling, alongside Kevin Kelly. Moreover, ROH has a partnership with New Japan, and have been featured on the Wrestle Kingdom pay-per-views for the past two years.

When asked the question, Bryan Alvarez stated that it is certainly a possibility that Omega could show up in Impact. If this were to occur, it could very well shake up the company for the better, especially since the company is now based out of Canada, and “The Cleaner” is Canadian. It would be an easy transition to revolve the company around him.
Wrestling Observer Live

TNAmarkFromIndia

Post by TNAmarkFromIndia » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:41 pm

Image Don Callis was on the Killing The Town podcast on the Jericho Network and spoke about the upcoming Impact Wrestling tapings in Orlando. You can listen to the podcast here.
Heading down to Orlando, looking forward to meeting all the top talent that's on the roster, and yeah, that's coming up. So it's busy. I mean, it was busy going over for match sheets and what not over the flight from Tokyo when I wasn't sleeping because I was exhausted from spending 4 days with our man Chris Jericho. So pretty pumped about that, pretty pumped about some of the changes that Scott and I and the rest of the folks there are looking to make and it's going to be a process. We're not going to change every last single thing on the first show. But there's a long term vision and hopefully people will enjoy the ride. The good news, ratings are way up, we're 310,000 viewers this week so that was good news. So hopefully that continues and people give the show a try and hang in there with us because I think there's going to be lots of fun stuff to do. It's like when Mike Babcock took over the Maple Leafs, he made the comment, "Look, it's not all going to change in one game or in 10 games. It's not going to happen overnight. You've got to build the foundation and you've got to set the table." So that's what we're doing.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Ah, thanks for the reminder, it's going to be very fun trying to follow the taping results as things unfold or unravel.

Is there any truth to the report that they're going back to the four-sided ring because they was some kind of talent vote over the matter and four sides won out?

EDIT: Well, we're fucking screwed...

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:42 am

That's awesome.

TNAmarkFromIndia

Post by TNAmarkFromIndia » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:57 am

Former TNA World Heavyweight Champion Returns At Tapings
► Show Spoiler

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:16 am

Gimme A double vs Ishimori or Hijo Del Fantasma plz.

TNAmarkFromIndia

Post by TNAmarkFromIndia » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:08 pm

Image Impact Wrestling conducted a media conference call featuring Executive Vice Presidents Scott D'Amore and Don Callis. You can listen to the conference call here.
  • In regards to breaking news of Aries as Champion, D'Amore said "Something that is new that we are trying going to monitor and we will see what response is to it"

D'Amore "We have made a drastic change in regards to how we deal with IP, we sat down and its important all wrestlers know that right is available to including Matt Hardy and we wish them all success"

D'Amore "Important that we find fresh talent and its important that we look to grow the knockout division"

Callis " We are moving towards a future where you have to embrace whats going on in the business. The power is in the hands of the wrestlers."

D'Amore on Impact WRESTLING taping location "We do feel strongly its important that we get out in front of fans in US and hopefully around the world, good chance you will see us in Canada and other US locations"

D'Amore on twitch Impact WRESTLING deal "You will see an Impact channel on twitch including historic and new content. Behind the fourth wall and wrestlers not in a studio setting"

Callis on going back to 4 sided ring "Both shared view that primary importance is creating environment where talent can flourish from top to bottom. Talent prefer 4 sided ring"

D'Amore on contract expires of EC3, Lashley and other "Always look for a combination of established talent as well as influx of new talent. This is a business where we work together but sometimes we part ways and see you down the road"

Callis on role at Impact WRESTLING "I have no plans to be in front of the camera"

Callis on how its been since returning to Impact WRESTLING "Being around the boys has been great. Its a steep learning curve being around the TV filming. Its an intense learning experience but I'm having fun"

D'Amore on what we won't see from Impact WRESTLING going forward "Decisions made for anything other than what we feel is best for the company. Talent won't be treated as assets and as human beings."

D'Amore regarding PPV schedule "Currently evaluating schedule in a world that is ever changing in content delivery the PPV business has changed. PPV will be area we will look to grow."

There will be a live PPV in April coming shortly

D'Amore on partnership with AAA and NOAH "We have an open door policy as discussed we want to work with as many partners as we can. We want to focus on bringing in great talent from around the World."

D'Amore on plans to bring Impact WRESTLING to the UK "The UK has been a huge market for this company historically. We are excited and stoked to be working with Spike UK and part is getting product on TV and other part is engaging with live events."

Callis on rumour of Rey Mysterio joining Impact WRESTLING "Read lot of rumours so I kind of don't put a lot of stock into rumours. Fans look at who they like to see and I totally get it."

D'Amore on new Impact WRESTLING Title belts "There will be new Title belts for April"

D'Amore on plans of Impact WRESTLING tapings in the UK "We want to get out in front of UK fans in live event setting, TV would be fantastic if we could get to that point again"

D'Amore on WOS "Was really excited to work on relaunch of WOS before but if opportunity comes up again we would be very open and exciting for an opportunity like that"

D'Amore on Austin Aries winning the Title "Austin is a tremendous talent who has long history with Impact. Getting him in the mix is a great opportunity for us. He has a mindset which aligns with a lot of things we are looking to do here"

D'Amore on bringing back British Bootcamp "Tremendous talent pool in UK which certainly deserve opportunities on broader skill. One of great things about Bootcamp was to get a connection to these talents. Proved to be a successful concept. Something we will look at."

Callis on what's next Impact WRESTLING "We have a short honeymoon period and have to make the most of that. My goal is focusing on delivering product wrestling fans want to see and lets make this place a destination for fans and talent"

D'Amore "The proven approach in any business is that there is a lot of little things that need to be done to lead to better times. Not one move will change the world of Impact WRESTLING"

D'Amore "Trust has to be built with fans, wrestlers, others in the wrestling industry. We can say it all we want but as we sit here at beginning of 2018 there is speculation. We need to consistently put out a product that fans can get invested in."

Callis on marketing plans "The best bet for any company is you first have to have the product. Talk about show me not tell me. Before we get into it too much we have to show people what we are about. What is the Impact story."

Callis on Moose injury speculation "He tweaked his knee. He is being evaulated today but we think he is going to be ok"

Callis on goals for next 12 months "Hard to pick out one thing. We want to have a buzz about the product that is second to none. If you have the buzz that means you are reaching customers and your fans. If we do that lot of other pieces fall into place."

D'Amore on seeing another Impact WRESTLING video game "We would love to explore opportunities. I'm sure its something we will look to tackle in 2018. We would be foolish to say we didn't want a video game."

Callis "We want to be accessible to media where we can. Want to get the word out and of course and have an open door policy. Scott, Ed and I want to make this place a destination for fans and talent."

ThommyGunn

Post by ThommyGunn » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:41 pm

They're saying some good stuff, hope it pans out. Would love to see an American promotion be as open minded as they say they wanna be