Glory Pro - Naito vs AR Fox - 2/18/18

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
DylanWaco

Re: Glory Pro - Naito vs AR Fox - 2/18/18

Post by DylanWaco » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Would strongly recommend all the shows. Elgin is booking a show with interesting matches that can't be done anywhere else, elevating his trainees and regional guys by putting them in strong positions against big names, and telling real stories. They've done great business, and they are already a top tier U.S. indie in my view. I was there this weekend having traveled overnight 12 hours to get there and at no point did I regret that decision. I'll be there in Feb

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:50 am

Yeah, they're all good and the show-to-show storytelling is engaging without being too heavy handed or complex that you can't just drop in on any show. I drive 4ish hours to get to every show and haven't regretted it yet. It's exactly what I want out of my wrestling.

Also, this is like the only thing I get so invested in that heel turns actually kinda make me mad. I've always been the type of guy to get behind heels, but I pretty much hate every single one in Glory Pro. That's something.

DylanWaco

Post by DylanWaco » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:58 pm

I can’t cheer against Stallion

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:11 pm

DylanWaco wrote:I can’t cheer against Stallion

Southern Underground Pro match against Paco just proved that I can

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:26 am

Someone please provide a full explanation of today’s shit hitting or not hitting the fan.

beauregarde

Post by beauregarde » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:20 am

supersonic wrote:Someone please provide a full explanation of today’s shit hitting or not hitting the fan.
Short version - Elgin quite twitter and sold Glory Pro after poorly handling sexual assault allegations against one of his wrestlers.

Here's a bunch of the collected screenshots and tweets

http://lastwordonprowrestling.com/2017/ ... m-scandal/

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:02 pm

beauregarde wrote:
supersonic wrote:Someone please provide a full explanation of today’s shit hitting or not hitting the fan.
Short version - Elgin quite twitter and sold Glory Pro after poorly handling sexual assault allegations against one of his wrestlers.

Long version:

A female wrestling fan who had accused a Glory Pro wrestler of sexual assault had been called out by a fairly well known Twitter personality for her claims and a feud ensued. In the ensuing chaos/nonsense, Elgin apparently stood up for the fan which the TP took as a direct attack on him. Apparently, said TP had private messages from Elgin where it appears that he disparaged the assault accuser. He then posted them on Twitter and then got rid of his account once the damage had been done. Elgin, who is on tour in Japan, responded by claiming that the screenshots were taken out of context but that he was going off Twitter and selling GloryPro to someone else.

Morals of the story:

1) Sexual assault victims should be believed without actual evidence to the contrary.
2) Starting public feuds over this is terrible on all ends.
3) Don't interact with trollish folks and definitely don't say anything that can be used against you in the future.
4) Don't be a dick in private and a 'white knight' in public.
5) Twitter sucks
6) People associated with wrestling suck.
7) The world, in general, sucks.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:47 pm

mlev76 wrote:
beauregarde wrote:

Long version:

A female wrestling fan who had accused a Glory Pro wrestler of sexual assault had been called out by a fairly well known Twitter personality for her claims and a feud ensued. In the ensuing chaos/nonsense, Elgin apparently stood up for the fan which the TP took as a direct attack on him. Apparently, said TP had private messages from Elgin where it appears that he disparaged the assault accuser. He then posted them on Twitter and then got rid of his account once the damage had been done. Elgin, who is on tour in Japan, responded by claiming that the screenshots were taken out of context but that he was going off Twitter and selling GloryPro to someone else.

Morals of the story:

1) Sexual assault victims should be believed without actual evidence to the contrary.
3) Don't interact with trollish folks and definitely don't say anything that can be used against you in the future.
5) Twitter sucks
Sorry I don’t kind agree with that first point that we always have to side with the victim. In this case it is definitely she was a sexual abused victim. But in some cases you have to be impartial because in the past with issues like domestic violence there have been so many these claims some of them might be false and then the person who was accused gets attached for no reason
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

Bix

Post by Bix » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:58 am

FilipPejic wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
beauregarde wrote:

Long version:

Morals of the story:

5) Twitter sucks
Sorry I don’t kind agree with that first point that we always have to side with the victim. In this case it is definitely she was a sexual abused victim. But in some cases you have to be impartial because in the past with issues like domestic violence there have been so many these claims some of them might be false and then the person who was accused gets attached for no reason
"1) Sexual assault victims should be believed without actual evidence to the contrary."

do you even read bro

rollup

Post by rollup » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:01 am

IMO its not a good idea for people who have some celebrity status (minor or not) to interact with fans on a DM level on twitter.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:08 am

rollup wrote:IMO its not a good idea for people who have some celebrity status (minor or not) to interact with fans on a DM level on twitter.
I think it is a great idea if you aren't a dickhead or extremely duplicitous.

I know/talk to a lot of Wrestlers none are like Elgin in fairness. Ok, I briefly talked to Moose at one stage. :P

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Overall, this situation has made all involved-including the accuser-look bad. I still standby my comments above, but there's a lot of scorched earth stuff going on which is especially jarring given that the accused isn't Elgin. #5 and #6 says it all.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Bix wrote:
FilipPejic wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
Long version:

Morals of the story:

5) Twitter sucks
"1) Sexual assault victims should be believed without actual evidence to the contrary."

do you even read bro
Yeah I read I just disagree with the fact we have to side with the victim right away because in today’s world there are some fucked people who lie about getting sexually assaulted or abused and then the accuser who is innocent is bashed on the internet and getting death threats for no reason.
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:28 pm

I have known people who've lied about it with regard to my roommate at the time. So, yeah, it fucking sucks that such people exist. And honestly, I think we're seeing some really wretched misdirection in this situation as far as I can see. But, overall, still ascribe to a believe the victim mentality.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:11 pm

The amount of dumb takes I see online about this stuff is extreme. And the number of people who knee-jerk discredit alleged victims and pretend they're "not taking sides" makes me very sad.

I know you can't expect a lot of wrestling fans to be ahead of the social 8-ball but christ almighty.