Game Changer Wrestling (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mlev76

Re: Game Changer Wrestling

Post by mlev76 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:35 pm

The Chicago show from last night was a super fun watch. Pretty everything was good or better and there was a decent variety outside the deathmatch part of the show. Orin Veidt/Eric Ryan may have been the best US death match I've seen since Danny Havoc/Jun Kasai many years back. Granted, I don't consider myself a regular watcher of that fare, but it was extremely well done and not knowing Veidt at all helped elevate the quality for me.

There was probably one too many deathmatches (half the show were in this style) especially given the main event was worked as one. They were all at least good, but you can only see so many lighttubes break before you become somewhat numb to it. I feel for the crowd's lungs with the all the 'spooky gas' floating around. Still, watching this made me really want to see GCW live.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon May 06, 2019 5:36 pm

GCW has definitely become a must-see promotion for me. It feels hot. The crowd is invested in each person. They sell an experience as much as they sell a wrestling show and yeah, they are nailing it. The modern day ECW in many, many ways. Do agree with the last point though. I love the deathmatches but the 25th time you see a guy get hit by tubes you kinda become numb to it and it starts boring you... which it never should because it's dudes cutting themselves up with tubes.

Anyway, I had a hell of a time at the show and will definitely go again (schedule notwithstanding) when they return.

PrivateRadio87

Post by PrivateRadio87 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:42 pm

Did anybody watch the Janela Escape From L.A. show? I had time this morning and threw it on meaning to just flip around and mostly check out Havoc/Gage. Ended up thinking it was a pretty great show, and in more than the normal carcrash way. Jungle Boy/Lloyd, Dickinson/Statlander (and I'm never really into intergender stuff) and especially Tanaka/Deppen were all fantastic. You'll probably find most people talking about the Alex Zayne and Blake Christian match. That one got a little cartoony for me at points (I know, GCW) but it's definitely totally insane. Main event was good, just not as fun as I thought a Havoc/Gage match would be.
Twitter: @FatmansAlright
Grappl: @PrivateRadio87
More thoughts on an often thoughtless medium: Writing Spirit Unleashed

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Watched Two Cups Stuffed on IWTV yesterday and it's a very fun show. I feel bad for BLP as though they got equal billing, the fans were clearly there for GCW and they had to have Joey Janela come out and say something to get the fans to finally cheer for BLP.

The Lucha Trios, the Ladder Match and the main event are all worth going out of your way to see. The injury to G Raver in the ladder match took the match down a bit and without it, I would daresay it was a better ladder match than the one at All Out. But the spot that got him should have never happened and hopefully, no one does anything that stupid again.