Worst Finishing Moves

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
armsofsleep

Re: Worst Finishing Moves

Post by armsofsleep » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Robareid wrote: Not quite his finish, but Riddle's tombstone always looks like trash.
When he first started it was more of an actual jumping tombstone, but it's slowly just become a basic slam. I assume he just realized he couldn't do the real version consistently.

AJR

Post by AJR » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Doing a big jumping tombstone when you don't wear kneepads or even boots seems hella crazy, which is why it's not surprising at all that he falls forward to protect himself.

But like, it's not really a tombstone at that stage.

rollup

Post by rollup » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:05 pm

i remember was it kevin sullivan who pinned jobbers after a running double foot stomp ? lol

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:54 pm

Robareid wrote:It's not the worst, but Zayn's Helluva Kick is always a disappointing climax to a match for me. Doesn't have the impact needed for a finisher. Also a little too situational. Bayley-to-belly for a similar reason too. Zig Zag is awful.

Not quite his finish, but Riddle's tombstone always looks like trash.
Bayley-to-Belly is a GREAT mention here.

Straight out of Shane Douglas in early 90s WCW teaming with Ricky Steamboat against the Blondes type trash finisher.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:09 pm

AJR wrote:Doing a big jumping tombstone when you don't wear kneepads or even boots seems hella crazy, which is why it's not surprising at all that he falls forward to protect himself.

But like, it's not really a tombstone at that stage.
Right. If he actually did a jumping tombstone it'd either destroy his knees, murder his opponent or both.

But that doesn't mean he should do a shit 69er slam. Just stop doing the move.