WrestleMania 35 Weekend (NYC Metro Area)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

WrestleMania 35 Weekend (NYC Metro Area)

Post by supersonic » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:08 am

FACEBOOK GROUP

Post Wrestling Full Weekend Schedule - https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/02/2 ... ew-jersey/

Voices of Wrestling's Full Weekend Schedule with Map and Card Lineups - https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/wrest ... edule-map/

Confirmed Events

WWE
2019 Hall of Fame Ceremony - April 5 or 6, 2019 - Barclays Center
NXT Takeover: Brooklyn V - April 5 or 6, 2019 - Barclays Center
WrestleMania 35 - Sunday, April 7, 2019 - MetLife Stadium
Raw - Monday, April 8, 2019 - Barclays Center
SmackDown - Tuesday, April 9, 2019 - Barclays Center

MetLife Stadium Bag Policy

Axxess taking place at Brooklyn Pier 12

WrestleCon SuperShow info - http://www.wrestlecon.com/ticket-info/

WWN More Than Mania location TBD

WaleMania V location TBD

Wrestling Observer events TBD

Solomonster Sounds Off event TBD

Live Sports

MLB home games within a 7-day window of WrestleMania 35

TIMES TBD

New York Mets - Citi Field
vs. Nationals - Thursday 4/4 to Sunday 4/7 (no game Friday 4/5)
vs. Twins - Tuesday 4/9 to Wednesday 4/10

New York Yankees - Yankee Stadium
vs. Tigers - Monday 4/1 to Wednesday 4/3
vs. White Sox - Friday 4/12 to Sunday 4/14

For those coming from the DC/BAL area and beyond south of that, the Orioles are hosting the Yankees. The dates and times for that series are:
Thursday 4/4 @ 3:05PM
Saturday 4/6 @ 7:05PM
Sunday 4/7 @ 1:05PM

NHL home games within a 7-day window of WrestleMania 35

New Jersey Devils - Prudential Center
vs. Rangers - Monday 4/1 @ 7PM

New York Islanders - Barclays Center
vs. Maple Leafs - Monday 4/1 @ 7PM

New York Rangers - MSG
vs. Senators - Wednesday 4/3 @ 7:30PM
vs. Blue Jackets - Friday 4/5 @ 7PM

NBA homes games within a 7-day window of WrestleMania 35

Brooklyn Nets - Barclays Center
vs. Bucks - Monday 4/1 @ 7:30PM
vs. Raptors - Wednesday 4/3 @ 7:30PM
vs. Heat - Wednesday 4/10 @ 8PM

New York Knicks - MSG
vs. Bulls - Monday 4/1 @ 7:30PM
vs. Wizards - Sunday 4/7 @ 7:30PM
vs. Pistons - Wednesday 4/10 @ 8PM

Tourism

Official New York CityPASS

NYC Tourist

The Official Guide to New York City

Dining/Groceries

Chipotle Mexican Grill

Smoothie King

Blaze Pizza

Whole Foods Market

Trader Joe's (groceries only)

Commodities Natural Market (groceries only)

The VSPOT Cafe

Two Boots Pizza

Elevation Burger

PS Kitchen

Beyond Sushi

Peacefood Cafe

Champs Diner

Modern Love

Double Zero (pizza)

Screamer's Pizzeria

Next Level Burger

Chickpea & Olive

The Cinnamon Snail

Seasoned Vegan

Franchia Vegan Cafe
Last edited by supersonic on Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 13 times in total.

TGD287

Re: WrestleMania 35 Weekend (NYC Metro Area)

Post by TGD287 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Absolutely planning on going here. Already got a hotel booked in Secaucus for now, and I felt the 2013 WrestleCon setup worked well there at that convention center.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Good work Sonic!

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:14 am

TGD287 wrote:Absolutely planning on going here. Already got a hotel booked in Secaucus for now, and I felt the 2013 WrestleCon setup worked well there at that convention center.
Secaucus is a good location as it's near Metlife and the NJTRansit hub takes you right into Penn where you can get a subway to Brooklyn. You can also get relatively (for NYC at least) cheap rooms the further west you go in midtown.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:15 am

Those of you who have yet to book a room, create an account with Extended Stay America. Your first booking will be eligible to use a hotel-issued PERKS promo code to receive 20% off the reservation. This could be a terrific bargain as Extended Stay America provides full kitchen service, perfect to cut down on dining expenses and allow for late-night cooking. (Note: this hotel chain is 2-3 weeks away from accepting bookings for the weeks surrounding WrestleMania 35.)

Personal suggestion: whether you are a AAA member or not, check to see if your location of choice is AAA-approved. This isn't a suggestion to price compare and purchase a AAA membership, but to allow you the piece of mind that the location satisfies AAA's high standards.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:06 am

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:11 am

supersonic wrote:
Honestly, I wouldn't mind a snowy WrestleMania. Not enough to make travel difficult obviously, but the visual of seeing a light coating of snow falling as the show starts would be an amazing visual.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:21 am

MetLife Stadium Bag Policy

Get familiar with this so you don’t have to toss away your bags (which would needlessly cause you to buy replacements and increase your consumerism), and so you don’t waste the time of those in line behind you that are actually prepared to gain entry.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:59 am

Intriguing. I would have assumed that no one will be doing anything in Jersey aside from Mania, but maybe WWN rented that place.

Times Square would be great for me though I can't for the life of me figure out where they could be setting up besides, perhaps, one of the big hotels. Marriott Marquis would seem too pricey, but I guess we'll see.

DylanWaco

Post by DylanWaco » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:10 am

There is zero chance I'm going to Wrestlecon in Times Square. Honestly if everything other than Mania is in the city it's very unlikely I'll go at all

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:50 pm

100% understand that sentiment. Lived here 20 years and always try to avoid that part of town when possible. That said, having stuff a 20 minute subway ride from my home/10 minute walk from my office is quite nice from my end.

DylanWaco

Post by DylanWaco » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Oh if I lived in the City I'd feel differently. But as someone who lived in Bergen County for years and had to go into the City all the time, there is no way on earth I want to deal with that mess when I'm supposed to be having fun.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:30 am

Hotels are now taking bookings through Wednesday, April 10, 2019.

My room has been booked for Candlewood Suites Secaucus - Meadowlands. After a VERY satisfying experience with this hotel chain in the NOLA area, this hotel brand was the first choice. It became all the more appealing once the other nearby hotels started price gouging, including the closest competition in terms of amenities even (Exteneded Stay America, and that's with that particular chain's 20% first-timer discount.)

While staying in Newark would've cost even loss financially, doing so would've added another 45 minutes to an hour getting to the Barclays Center. With AAA discount and various taxes/fees included, I'm paying about $156.25 nightly rate, roughly a $13 daily savings as compared to the nearby Hyatt that had been previously booked.

This hotel location offers free regular-sized vehicle parking, WiFi, 24/7 laundry service, mini-kitchen, and dishes for cooking. Speaking from experience, this turned out to be a huge convenience this past month to avoid dining out in the middle of night, saving money by just purchasing and cooking groceries in the hotel room.

The hotel offers a shuttle service to Secaucus Station, which will get residents in the right direction for NYC. Shuttle hours are Monday to Friday 7am to 10am and 4pm to 9pm.

The downside would seem to be for those who won't have a rental vehicle, as Google Maps doesn't show any restaurants and grocery stores within a reasonable walking distance (as is the case with other nearby hotels.)

https://www.ihg.com/candlewood/hotels/u ... oteldetail

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:44 am

Full quote from Joe Lanza on this week's Voices of Wrestling Flagship Podcast. Time stamp 1:11:28
I have nothing to back this up. There's no validity to this. I don't want threads started on Reddit after this show. Word on the street, Rich - and this is just unverified bullshit - word on the street is next year with WrestleMania in New York City (NY/NJ) - of course that's where Game Changer [Wrestling] is located - Game Changer may just attempt to do their own thing and run Bloodsport one night, Spring Break another night, and then just a regular Game Changer show the other night. Now again, listen, it is totally [audio difficulty]... The problem is how far from New York City would they run?
Lanza made it clear he did NOT get this potential scoop from GCW promoter Brett Lauderdale.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2018/0 ... e-in-nola/

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:16 pm

supersonic wrote:Full quote from Joe Lanza on this week's Voices of Wrestling Flagship Podcast. Time stamp 1:11:28
I have nothing to back this up. There's no validity to this. I don't want threads started on Reddit after this show. Word on the street, Rich - and this is just unverified bullshit - word on the street is next year with WrestleMania in New York City (NY/NJ) - of course that's where Game Changer [Wrestling] is located - Game Changer may just attempt to do their own thing and run Bloodsport one night, Spring Break another night, and then just a regular Game Changer show the other night. Now again, listen, it is totally [audio difficulty]... The problem is how far from New York City would they run?
Lanza made it clear he did NOT get this potential scoop from GCW promoter Brett Lauderdale.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2018/0 ... e-in-nola/
GCW's been running Howell and Blackwood NJ, both of which are pretty far from both Metlife and NYC. They could conceivably partner up with one of the other local promotions that they have common roster members with (ICW for example) and maybe branch out beyond WWN.