WrestleMania 35 Weekend (NYC Metro Area)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: WrestleMania 35 Weekend (NYC Metro Area)

Post by supersonic » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:28 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:07 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:36 pm

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:52 pm

Does anyone have a spare ticket for the New Japan show?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Ckkj14 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:52 pm
Does anyone have a spare ticket for the New Japan show?
Yes.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Booking my trip this weekend. Looking forward to seeing a few of you. Should try and get a meet up going

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:01 am

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:35 am

Any good hotel recommendations for a late booker?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:19 pm

It depends on what shows you're intending on seeing. Do you have a basic schedule in mind?

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:47 pm

Planning on doing

New Japan
Nxt
Maybe Mania
and probably an Evolve show maybe. Also would like to get to a Yankees or Mets game

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:16 pm

You'd be wise to seek a place on the west side of midtown, preferably between 42nd and 34th street so you can have easy access to all public transportation options. The further west you go, the cheaper the places will be.

If you're planning on relying on taxis/ubers, you could be better off staying in Brooklyn or somewhere in Jersey near Metlife. But, the cost of cars may be the same as the difference in hotel costs with less convenience.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:09 am

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=124263

What a whacky team the Muta side has

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:45 pm

CCK was in one of my top 10 matches last year, so against this duo, you may see similar quality. Nice start by Rev Pro.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:07 pm

As a person who has possession of an NXT ticket but hasn't actually watched NXT in months, I've been transfixed by the SeatGeek ticket prices. The get-in price there is 189, a little more than what Jacob saw. There's not many available in general, which is surely part of the reason for the high pricing, but the demand is kind of insane. I'm seeing tickets farther back from me going at 3x the price on the ticket before a match has been announced, with things like Kushida's debut hanging around as possibilities. It is at a point where I'm wondering if I'm crazy for not just cashing out and going to the Joey Ryan thing instead.

This is also crazy to think about, but I think almost obviously true: WWE probably should've put NXT in the stadium the night before WrestleMania. I don't know if that's even logistically possible with the setup they have to do in advance for those shows (or if there would be similar problems if they tried to run one of the baseball stadiums instead of a basketball arena) but from strictly the standpoint of putting people in seats, NXT could've put a lot more people in seats if they had the seats available. Not saying a sell-out, but a 30K crowd for the 'developmental brand' would've been impressive. And also confounding when they're still drawing low hundreds on the Largo Loop, but that's another thing entirely.

It is too late to make that move now. A lot of this demand is due to being in New York and may not be there in other markets. It is hard for me to guess how hot NXT will be a year from now. But I wonder if someone in WWE's venue department is running the numbers to see if they can run two days in whatever stadium WM happens to be in 2020.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:17 am

thecubsfan wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:07 pm
As a person who has possession of an NXT ticket but hasn't actually watched NXT in months, I've been transfixed by the SeatGeek ticket prices. The get-in price there is 189, a little more than what Jacob saw. There's not many available in general, which is surely part of the reason for the high pricing, but the demand is kind of insane. I'm seeing tickets farther back from me going at 3x the price on the ticket before a match has been announced, with things like Kushida's debut hanging around as possibilities. It is at a point where I'm wondering if I'm crazy for not just cashing out and going to the Joey Ryan thing instead.

This is also crazy to think about, but I think almost obviously true: WWE probably should've put NXT in the stadium the night before WrestleMania. I don't know if that's even logistically possible with the setup they have to do in advance for those shows (or if there would be similar problems if they tried to run one of the baseball stadiums instead of a basketball arena) but from strictly the standpoint of putting people in seats, NXT could've put a lot more people in seats if they had the seats available. Not saying a sell-out, but a 30K crowd for the 'developmental brand' would've been impressive. And also confounding when they're still drawing low hundreds on the Largo Loop, but that's another thing entirely.

It is too late to make that move now. A lot of this demand is due to being in New York and may not be there in other markets. It is hard for me to guess how hot NXT will be a year from now. But I wonder if someone in WWE's venue department is running the numbers to see if they can run two days in whatever stadium WM happens to be in 2020.
I think the setup for Mania would preclude doing both shows in the same stadium. Given the timing of Mania, I doubt either of the baseball stadiums would have been open to letting a competing event to the first week of MLB potentially disrupt things. There is also the Red Bull Soccer Stadium in Jersey which could probably be set up for at least 30,000, but obviously, too late for that.

I still wonder why they didn't just bite the bullet and do the Garden. They would have obviously had precedence over ROH/NJPW and it's so much more historically tied to WWE than Barclays. I get four nights cost probably is a lot to bear, but it's Mania!