Pro Wrestling hot stove

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: Pro Wrestling hot stove

Post by supersonic » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:06 am

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:49 pm

ROH will be using Shibata's LA Dojo young lions, Alex Coughlin, Clark Connors, and Karl Fredricks. Im very familiar with Karl, he's from my home promotion, APW. He's kinda still learning, but he has tons of potential.

Speaking of APW talent, Jacob Fatu is signed to MLW.

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:15 pm

Pwinsider reported that there is talk once again of Dolph Ziggler leaving WWE soon.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:31 pm

SuperplexlariatBW wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:15 pm
Pwinsider reported that there is talk once again of Dolph Ziggler leaving WWE soon.
Which likely means he'll be pushed again soon

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:35 am

So Meltzer is saying the Revival have until April 2020. That would be 3 years after they were called up, which would confirm that NXT call ups get signed to new deals when hitting the main roster.

What I wonder is if this April 2020 time frame also includes the amount of time they've missed due to injuries during their main roster run. Both members of the Revival were on the injured list for a number of months in 2017. The thing about WWE extending contracts for the amount of time people have been out with injuries came up again in the recent Observer.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:10 pm

Observer:
Both Matt & Jeff Hardy’s contracts expire at Mania season but the expectation is they are staying for at least one more year. They signed a two year deal in 2017 with a third year option. It’s believed WWE will pick up the option now, which does include a substantial pay raise in year three. Matt is scheduled to come back but not sure of the timetable, are he’s feeling great with the time off to heal. He wrote, “No, I am not retired and not going to be retiring at any time soon. I’ve worked my ass off to rehabilitate and have physically been greenlit. My body is in the best shape it’s been in in years and I’m the lightest I’ve been in 20 years.” Obviously Young Bucks vs. Hardys with major television promoting it has a good shot at being a big program since it set the ROH attendance record before Omega-Cody broke it, and it was really just kicking off when they had to end i

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:41 am

Hearing a Shane Strickland decision is coming soon. Won't say the side he picked because I don't have it 100% confirmed yet, but it appears the decision has been made.

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:50 am

So if Strickland is not going to WWE then I don't get why they would talk about him on their website in the Evolve show article. Like why give a nice little write up to someone who chose a competitor instead of WWE? Or why even allow one of your contracted talents to work a match on a non-WWE show against some guy who is joining the opposition and chose them over WWE?

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:24 am

SuperplexlariatBW wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:50 am
So if Strickland is not going to WWE then I don't get why they would talk about him on their website in the Evolve show article. Like why give a nice little write up to someone who chose a competitor instead of WWE? Or why even allow one of your contracted talents to work a match on a non-WWE show against some guy who is joining the opposition and chose them over WWE?
Because with competition now, WWE now has to put in work to sign guys.

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:39 am

Tim_dawg wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:24 am
SuperplexlariatBW wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:50 am
Because with competition now, WWE now has to put in work to sign guys.
What I'm saying is they wouldn't be putting someone over on their website if they're going the other direction. I seriously doubt they would permit one of their affiliate promotions to book a match with one of their contracted talents against somebody who turned them down for the competition.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:26 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:33 am

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:32 pm

@Lanza

On the update this morning you said something along the lines of...in the WWE "there aren't enough spots"...to which, I disagree. There are plenty of spots. WWE as a company offers far too much charity to non-major league wrestlers. Its less about spots and more about what they do with the spots available. They give far too much opportunity, far too much screen time, etc. for YEARS to too many individual acts that, again, aren't major league. And, you know, maybe they do have "something" for lots of these talents, but that "something" when given to fvckin CARMELLA ends up being the typical WWE wet fart.

Look at the market for many of their pushed acts over the past ten years after they leave...examples...Ryback, Jack Swagger, Jinder Mahal, Cryme Tyme, Wade Barrett, Ezekial Jackson, Ted Dibiase Jr...I could name a hundred more at this point...basically, non-major league wrestlers that couldn't even get a footing in the minor leagues after being released. Thats how much they kind of suck.

And I bring this up after Royal Rumble...especially after they ONCE AGAIN attempt to get fvcking ERICK ROWAN over with a pushed act. Why is this man once again being pushed and paired with a pushed act? He's a minor league performer. They could have DOZENS of wrestlers in that role that would get a legit rub and make use of the opportunity. I sit here thinking...why aren't they using someone like Kassius Ohno in this role? Maybe they could really get DIJAK over. They have no shortage of big, beardy fvcks to use...hell, even Luke Harper would be an upgrade over this guy (remember that short singles run he had?). Could have paired him with a tag team to help get the unit over.

Regardless of what you think of the talent in 205, NXT, and NXT UK...I will say this...they USE their talent and let them - for the most part - showcase what they do best while throwing in some WWE quirks. The main roster? A cesspool of minor league talents that actively drag down the legitimate major league performers they have - at least on the male side. They are finally coming around on letting the cream rise to the top of the women's division. The crowd absolutely turning on Ronda for Becky who didn't even show was pretty awesome...and it seems the Horsewomen, the Joshi girls, and the MMA Horsewomen are the cream that rises to the top...but they are always a Carmella or Nia Jax (minor league fvcking wrestlers) away from ruining what they have built.

I'm totally ranting here at this point, but your comment + recent WWE nonsense really has me shaking my head.

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:19 pm

I mean WWE should use the wrestlers they have under contract, I get that Erick Rowan being used for another main act is annoying, but why not use him if he's under contract? WWE has a ton of talent that giving Rowan a supporting role with a main act is completely not a big deal.

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:37 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:32 pm
@Lanza

On the update this morning you said something along the lines of...in the WWE "there aren't enough spots"...to which, I disagree. There are plenty of spots. WWE as a company offers far too much charity to non-major league wrestlers. Its less about spots and more about what they do with the spots available. They give far too much opportunity, far too much screen time, etc. for YEARS to too many individual acts that, again, aren't major league. And, you know, maybe they do have "something" for lots of these talents, but that "something" when given to fvckin CARMELLA ends up being the typical WWE wet fart.

Look at the market for many of their pushed acts over the past ten years after they leave...examples...Ryback, Jack Swagger, Jinder Mahal, Cryme Tyme, Wade Barrett, Ezekial Jackson, Ted Dibiase Jr...I could name a hundred more at this point...basically, non-major league wrestlers that couldn't even get a footing in the minor leagues after being released. Thats how much they kind of suck.

And I bring this up after Royal Rumble...especially after they ONCE AGAIN attempt to get fvcking ERICK ROWAN over with a pushed act. Why is this man once again being pushed and paired with a pushed act? He's a minor league performer. They could have DOZENS of wrestlers in that role that would get a legit rub and make use of the opportunity. I sit here thinking...why aren't they using someone like Kassius Ohno in this role? Maybe they could really get DIJAK over. They have no shortage of big, beardy fvcks to use...hell, even Luke Harper would be an upgrade over this guy (remember that short singles run he had?). Could have paired him with a tag team to help get the unit over.

Regardless of what you think of the talent in 205, NXT, and NXT UK...I will say this...they USE their talent and let them - for the most part - showcase what they do best while throwing in some WWE quirks. The main roster? A cesspool of minor league talents that actively drag down the legitimate major league performers they have - at least on the male side. They are finally coming around on letting the cream rise to the top of the women's division. The crowd absolutely turning on Ronda for Becky who didn't even show was pretty awesome...and it seems the Horsewomen, the Joshi girls, and the MMA Horsewomen are the cream that rises to the top...but they are always a Carmella or Nia Jax (minor league fvcking wrestlers) away from ruining what they have built.

I'm totally ranting here at this point, but your comment + recent WWE nonsense really has me shaking my head.
They're really going overboard with this we got to keep e anybody mentality. There are quite a few main roster talents who they should allow to leave who are geeks on the main roster and are not going to any further. People like these Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder or Tye Dillenger types. They should've actually let Mike Kanellis go when he asked to be released. No matter what the company thinks these people are not going to move the needle elsewhere. The more WWE names these other promotions bring in the more they'll look like they're second rate and they need to rely on WWE names.

Especially as WWE continues to sign people this is the cycle they need to work with. They should cycle out stale main roster talent and replace them with the best from NXT. The new signings should then replace the NXT call ups. Having wrestlers leave who are good in NXT lwould actually be more of a missed opportunity since they've never even been given a chance on the main stage and they're fresher and better quality talents than many on television.