WWE
2019 Hall of Fame Ceremony - Thursday, April 2, 2020 - Amelie Arena
SmackDown - Friday, April 3, 2020 - Amelie Arena
NXT Takeover: Tampa - Saturday, April 4, 2020 - Amelie Arena
WrestleMania 36 - Sunday, April 5, 2020 - Raymond James Stadium
Raw - Monday, April 6, 2020 - Amelie Arena

Raymond James Stadium A-Z Fan Guide
Raymond James Stadium FAQ
These links include bag and outside food/drink policies.

Axxess location TBD

Other wrestling shows TBD

Sporting events TBD

Tourism and dining suggestions to come
Last edited by supersonic on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supersonic

Re: WrestleMania 36 Weekend (Tampa Bay)

Post by supersonic » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:16 pm

Just a heads up that for shows at mainstream venues, which includes all WWE and maybe for AEW and ROH/NJPW, I'll be inquiring for group tickets and donating a portion of the proceeds to the following 2 charities.

Stomp Out Bullying
https://www.stompoutbullying.org/

Big Cat Rescue
https://bigcatrescue.org/
(Accredited by the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries)

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:10 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:48 am

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:54 pm

supersonic wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:48 am
WWE needs give up the goat on this one. People are gonna run that week one way or another. Focus on running your own stuff and just ignore those you don't want to acknowledge. Doing this just creates more desire for indies to run to stick it to the big guys.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:21 pm

Observer:
Regarding next year’s WrestleMania, WWE is trying to lock up Tampa and St. Petersburg to keep the independent shows out of the city. They tried that in San Jose but the Fairgrounds booked a ton of shows, but most other buildings like the old Civic Auditorium wouldn’t allow anyone in, which is why ROH had to run in Redwood City. With WWE running the Amalie Arena, the other area arena is the 10,500-seat Yuengling Center on the campus of the University of South Florida (which used to be known as the Sun Dome and was the home of the 1995 Royal Rumble). The Vinik Enterprises runs both that building and the Amalie Arena, so that could be locked out. ROH ran the RP Funding Center in Lakeland which is 35 miles away from Tampa, when they ran Orlando. The problem is they can only put about 4,000 in that building, which would be on the small side for a show with New Japan. There is also the University Arena CDC Gym in North Tampa, which holds 600, which would be okay, a little small, for the bigger indies, but again, WWE runs NXT house shows in that building regularly. Orlando, which has a ton of places, is about 85 miles away which is not optimum at all

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:51 am

With WM35 weekend now in the books, it's time I announce that I'll be in Tampa next year, but it's TBD if I'm attending WM36 itself.

After what just happened at MetLife Stadium, I will step up and volunteer a year in advance to be a personal Uber driver for you guys when WM36 ends at Raymond James Stadium. I sure as fuck won't be charging $100, $200, etc. The logistics are TBD, and I obviously can't take care of everyone, but I'll do what I can since I'll be driving there. I'm also going to try convincing another friend to contribute via his rental vehicle too.

In lieu of profiting from the task, I'll just say that whoever decides to take me up on being a personal Uber, any funds given will be 100% donated to Tampa's Big Cat Rescue sanctuary. Info on that charity can be found in the URL below.

https://bigcatrescue.org/

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:00 am

Room booked at Extended Stay America (via mobile app) in Clearwater, 5 nights for just $300 (thanks to introductory 20% off discount.) If planning to stay through Tuesday morning, you'll need to wait 24 hours to book a room with the chain.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:00 am

Room booked at Extended Stay America (via mobile app) in Clearwater, 5 nights for just $300 (thanks to introductory 20% off discount.) If planning to stay through Tuesday morning, you'll need to wait 24 hours to book a room with the chain.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri May 17, 2019 8:01 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:22 am

As of right now, what incredibly overwhelming reason is there to make this trip to Florida next spring other than Takeover and the aftermath Full Sail tapings days later?

We all know the main roster woes right now, but what else even seems like it could be truly, unforgettably special in Tampa? I'm talking the kind of special such as Better Than Our Best, Supercard of Honor II, Takeover Dallas, Takeover NOLA, and Takeover NY, the types of events that are huge deals for their companies AND provide classic matches. I don't wanna see just "enjoyable wrestling." I want something that truly rewards traveling thousands of miles and investing so much time and money into the weekend, something that'd make me not regret checking off my entire tourism bucket list that weekend instead.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:34 pm

supersonic wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:22 am
As of right now, what incredibly overwhelming reason is there to make this trip to Florida next spring other than Takeover and the aftermath Full Sail tapings days later?

We all know the main roster woes right now, but what else even seems like it could be truly, unforgettably special in Tampa? I'm talking the kind of special such as Better Than Our Best, Supercard of Honor II, Takeover Dallas, Takeover NOLA, and Takeover NY, the types of events that are huge deals for their companies AND provide classic matches. I don't wanna see just "enjoyable wrestling." I want something that truly rewards traveling thousands of miles and investing so much time and money into the weekend, something that'd make me not regret checking off my entire tourism bucket list that weekend instead.
Unless you have a great affinity for WWN or the Collective promotions (I assume most will be the same with some of the poorer performing ones being replaced), it really will come down to what New Japan and AEW does/does not do to contribute to the week. Cody said earlier this year that they won't run an event Mania week, but who knows if that was bs or if their mind has changed. They could possibly let talent work other shows with GCW and the Wrestlecon shows probable destinations (I have to imagine at least Janela has already oked doing Spring Break at the very least).

New Japan will be putting on two Dome shows to start the year and there's no great cache to running Tampa, so I don't expect a stand alone show or even a partnership with ROH. More likely, some wrestlers may appear on a wrestler by wrestler basis either for ROH or Wrestlecon.

Pretty hard to suss out the "big events" this far in advance especially with those living below the WWE/NJPW/AEW level subject to potential talent losses between now and then.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:05 pm

An NJPW/AEW hybrid card treated like it’s the best parts of Dominion/All Out (I.e. not an ounce of fat on it) would be exactly what I’m looking for.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:23 am

NHL home games within a 7-day window of WrestleMania 36

Tampa Bay Lightning
vs. Ottawa Senators - Tuesday, March 31 (7PM)

Florida Panthers (Miami)
vs. New York Rangers - Monday, March 30 (7PM)
vs. Ottawa Senators - Thursday, April 2 (7PM)
vs. Washington Capitals - Saturday, April 2 (7PM)

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:37 am

NBA home games within a 7-day window of WrestleMania 36

Orlando Magic
vs. New Orleans Pelicans - Sunday, March 29 (6PM)
vs. Charlotte Hornets - Wednesday, April 1 (7PM)
vs. Boston Celtics - Friday, April 10 (7PM)

Miami Heat
vs. Indiana Pacers - Tuesday, April 7 (7:30PM)
vs. Detroit Piston - Thursday, April 9 (7:30PM)
vs. Boston Celtics - Saturday, April 11 (8PM)