PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
John The Drummer

Re: PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla)

Post by John The Drummer » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:37 am

I didn't want to watch any of these previews because I want to go into these completely fresh... but gosh darn I just couldn't resist and I am still INSANELY stoked to get my hands on these! Cannot wait.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:10 pm

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:36 pm

Yeesh I'm hoping the next show isn't in damn November like last time.

wac

Post by wac » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:58 pm

mrjoshdude wrote:I wonder what's stalling the Day 3 preview, you'd think they wouldn't release the Day 1 or 2 preview if they didn't have all 3 ready to go.
syxxpakk wrote:Who is the owner/promoter of PWG? Is it still the original six or is it just Excalibur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I'm aware it's just Excalibur and Super Dragon. I'm not 100% sure who handles what exactly but I do know Dragon does the YouTube previews and most of the booking. Excalibur does a lot of the graphics and site stuff.
In the Hitting the High Spots with Excalibur and Joey Ryan, Joey said he stepped down from the booking team when he was booked to beat Steen for the title in 2005, since he didn't want to be booking while he was champion. He also said that's when Super Dragon basically assumed all booking duties.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:20 am

I'm running a poll on who people want to see as the PWG World Champion going into 2017.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:10 pm

Now that Cole is ROH World Champion, does that mean no more of him in PWG? Or does he just win all his matches now? Also, does that mean Jay Lethal may start popping up in PWG again?

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:31 pm

King Of Indy Style wrote:Now that Cole is ROH World Champion, does that mean no more of him in PWG? Or does he just win all his matches now? Also, does that mean Jay Lethal may start popping up in PWG again?
I think Cole will still get booked, probably just in Six-Man Tags with The Young Bucks, if the situation calls for it.

As for Lethal (I could be wrong on this), but I remember reading somewhere that his contract prevents him from working any other promotion in the US, which is the reason why he gets a lot of booking in the UK (correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I do remember reading that somewhere). I'm not sure if that changes now that Lethal is no longer ROH World Champion.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:24 pm

Had a totally random thought today. If Speedball wasn't banned from the US, I totally believe he would have been a PWG World Champion

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:14 am

King Of Indy Style wrote:Had a totally random thought today. If Speedball wasn't banned from the US, I totally believe he would have been a PWG World Champion
A lot of people have said that WWE was sniffing around him. So he might have been in the CWC. But I agree with you in spirit. The ban is a heartbreaker.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:29 am

DXvsNWO wrote:
King Of Indy Style wrote:Now that Cole is ROH World Champion, does that mean no more of him in PWG? Or does he just win all his matches now? Also, does that mean Jay Lethal may start popping up in PWG again?
I think Cole will still get booked, probably just in Six-Man Tags with The Young Bucks, if the situation calls for it.

As for Lethal (I could be wrong on this), but I remember reading somewhere that his contract prevents him from working any other promotion in the US, which is the reason why he gets a lot of booking in the UK (correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I do remember reading that somewhere). I'm not sure if that changes now that Lethal is no longer ROH World Champion.
I wouldn't expect to see him back in PWG, though. I remember hearing Super Danny was super disappointed with All-Star Weekend 9 matches vs. Eddie Edwards and Willie Mack.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:12 am

Highspots is listing the expected delivery date for BOLA as October 8th!!!! That is SO MUCH SOONER than I expected, they even have the covers already. Wondering if all the hype for it really made them put it into the second gear and get it going faster than usual.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:40 am

The 8th! Hell yeah! If they get shows out quickly like that, It'd be awesome. And hopefully they announce another show soon.

Hobbes

Post by Hobbes » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:47 am

Watched the first half of Thirteen tonight. There are some absolutely nutty, pre-concussions are bad era level bumps in Chuck Taylor/Trent. Trent takes a power bomb into four open chairs and a backdrop into a ladder and comes away with this giant awful looking red bruise or welt on his lower back. Chuck takes a hard thrown chair to the head pretty much unprotected, and gets back dropped on a ladder only to just graze it and land on his head. The last thing you'd have expected from those two.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:27 pm

I don't know what's up with Chuck, but he took a thumbtack bump and the aforementioned backdrop onto a ladder in EVOLVE, in a midcard match with Tracy Williams of all people. I thought it was a bit strange, considering he's exactly the kind of guy who doesn't need to do that to get reactions. Now all of a sudden he's doing weapon brawls, in companies like PWG and EVOLVE where those kind of matches aren't even the preferred style?

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:41 am

For those who own it: Is THIRTEEN worth a buy? I've been debating buying either THIRTEEN or ROH's new Briscoes comp.