WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
King Of Indy Style

Re: PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerilla)

Post by King Of Indy Style » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:51 pm

There are rumors floating around that the next show will be February 18th

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:26 am

Can't wait for Sabre Jr vs Chucky T. Always had a soft spot for the Kentucky Gentleman & I'm glad he has a title shot. I actually want him to win the title.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:39 am

Show announcement!!!!

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:10 am

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:12 am

The only match on the card I'm not a fan of is the superkliq vs oi4k. Never been a fan of OI4K
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

mrjoshdude

Post by mrjoshdude » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:06 am

My interest in Cody Rhodes is so low he's becoming an anti-draw for me. He makes me less likely to watch a show just by being on it. No offense to him whatsoever but I only have so much free time these days and I don't want to be spending it watch 3 star classics. Card looks great otherwise though. Chuck vs. Zack could be incredible, the hoss tag will be bananas, Fenix vs. Trent will be better than a lot of people will expect and could end up taking match of the night, Rush vs. Ricochet will be a great chance to get some more eyes on Rush and will likely be spectacular. Jay White in PWG is cool but he's gonna have to work hard to outshine Marty. The six man I have mixed feelings on, love the Bucks, not a fan of Cole or Callihan, and haven't seen anything of OI4K. Should be an interesting show whatever the case and I'm glad to see lots of new guys getting booked.

gpusa

Post by gpusa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:15 am

OI4k vs Superkliq sounds like a lot of fun to me, Dave Crist has really been awesome lately.

Fenix vs Trent and the hoss tag sounds great too.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:24 am

Just wanted to get in and talk about the actual show before the anti-PWG people take over as usual...

Very good looking show. Only matches I have zero interest in are Cody vs Trevor (duh), Jay vs Marty & possible the tag match depending on how those guys all mesh.

Hoping Chuckie T gets the title just to see the nuclear pop it would get. Lio Rush vs Ricochet could be amazing! Fenix & Trent will kill it, and themselves. I don't understand the hatred I see on twitter for OI4K. I've liked what I've seen of them since getting into AAW. Sami is very much YMMV but in a trios with the Bucks you have to be really awful to not make it work. I think they'll tear Reseda apart.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:06 am

gpusa wrote:OI4k vs Superkliq sounds like a lot of fun to me, Dave Crist has really been awesome lately.

Fenix vs Trent and the hoss tag sounds great too.
I haven't seen much of Dave Christ the last few years but he was the least interesting guy at the Style Battle show WWN did last week.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:56 am

Really intriguing card by PWG. Some interesting choices of talent & match-ups. I like that they giving guys like OI4K, Jay White & Lio Rush a chance. It should be a typically fun PWG show. I'm actually quite excited for it.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:03 am

I dig all the debuts! Makes it really exciting. I've never heard of OI4K, so it'll be interesting to see what they're all about taking on Cole and the Bucks.

I really love the card. Feels "different" in a cool way.

suplexberry

Post by suplexberry » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:46 am

White vs Scurll was a great match at RevPro. Rematch should be good, and excited for White to work this type of promotion on his excursion. Now book the Tempura boyz, you fools.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:42 am

Now that I'm home and the College Championship is over, here's my thoughts on the matches:

Lio Rush vs. Ricochet:
HOLY SHIT. THIS MATCH. I'm so excited for this. Lio has campaigned to be in PWG for a while now so I'm really glad to see him get a shot. And I have no doubt he'll totally kill it against Ricochet. This will have lots of flips, kicks, dives, and it'll be sweet. As an aside, I'm also glad to see Lio in PWG for another reason. I can see Lio picking up the handle of the token PWG High Flying guy. Ricochet has NJPW commitments, I don't know what Sydal is doing now, Ospreay is NJPW and Euro and I hate ACH. I hope this becomes a regular gig for him. Lio deserves it.

Jay White vs. Marty Scurll:
WOW! 2 debuts off the bat! Like Suplexberry pointed out, White vs. Scurll got praise in RevPro. These guys are gonna be working extra hard here, with Jay working to impress Reseda and Scurll wanting to rebound after losing against ZSJ. I can see this being a sneaky MoTN if not second or third best.

Rey Fenix vs. Trent?:
Wow! Fenix working a non-BOLA PWG show! Lol. This is gonna be a crazy match. Fenix is as gifted of a high flyer as they come and Trent? is no slouch. And as WK11 showed, Trent? doesn't care about taking crazy risks. This is gonna be another great match with high-flying and awesome bumps.

Matt Riddle and Jeff Cobb vs. Unbreakable FN Machines (Michael Elgin and Brian Cage):
HOLY STACKED MATCHUP! I love everything about this match. Jeff and Elgin will hoss the shit out of each other and it'll rock and ditto with Jeff and Cage. And the Riddle/Elgin and Riddle/Cage interactions are sure to be fun too. As a side note, I'm really conflicted by the Cobb/Riddle team. On the one hand, this team is fucking awesome. Matt Riddle and Jeff Cobb, two legit fighters teaming up to wreck shit? FUCK YEAH! But on the other hand, these two being a team means that we won't see Riddle or Cobb challenging for the World title. But I guess with what PWG's main event scene is, what better way to use Cobb and Riddle as a shitkicking Tag Team?

Cody Rhodes vs. Trevor Lee:
I'll just say it. Cody Rhodes is my guilty indy pleasure. Is he what the hype made him out to be? Nope. But I enjoy his matches. They're simple, they're fun, and they're usually pretty good. He's not setting the world on fire, but he's having consistent good-to-great matches. Trevor vs. Cody was a match I had pegged to happen at BOLA so I'm glad it's happening here. This is a match I've weirdly wanted to see since Cody left. I expect this to be another enjoyable Cody Rhodes match. And I can't ask for more than that.

OI4K (Jake Crist, Dave Crist, Sami Callihan) vs. Superkliq (Young Bucks, Adam Cole):
Wrestling Twitter seemed pretty divided about this one. A lot seem to really dislike OI4K. I can't say since I haven't seen them before (But Callihan and his space cat bullshit pisses me off-hopefully OI4K coming in gets rid of that), but I can say this. I see this being a wild, typical PWG style 6-Man tag with crazy spots. And since OI4K seem to do the brawl style, I hope this just descends into a crazy street fight with weapons and brawling all over the Legion Hall. If that's what I get I'll chalk up OI4K's debut as a rousing success.

PWG World Title: Zack Sabre, Jr. vs. Chuck Taylor:
This is it. ZSJ vs. Big Dust. I've called for this match since Taylor's Goldberg-esque win streak started getting noticed, and now it's here. I expect comedy early, because it's Chuckie T and comedy is his forte. But when the time comes, this will become a really damn good wrestling match. I currently think ZSJ retains to cement a heel turn. But if Chuck DOES actually win, it may be the biggest reaction in PWG history. The very Legion Hall would shake with joy.

Overall, PWG is starting 2017 off right. 3 big debuts in Lio Rush, Jay White and OI4K, the continuation of the Cobb/Riddle team, the PWG returns of Rey Fenix and Cody Rhodes, and a big-time PWG Title match. This show has potential to be the best one of 2017, and one of the best of the last few years. Cannot wait for Feb. 18th!

Side Notes:
-Show names that aren't dead Celebrities or established names! Fuck yeah! One of the little things that I've missed. The last one was back in April 2015, with Don't Sweat The Technique.
-PWG is seemingly looking to get a DDT4 this year and I'd love that. Cobb/Riddle, Unbreakable FN Machines, OI4K, maybe Cody/Cole, maybe War Machine, ect, the Tag Division is starting to look darn good.
-The next debuts I want to see are Keith Lee and Jason Kincaid.

VilinskiKonjic

Post by VilinskiKonjic » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:28 am

Really good card. I trust Trevor Lee to have an entertaining match with Cody, and while I don't care at all for the Bucks or Cole in PWG to the point of skipping their matches, OI4K should do great there. The rest of the card is faultless and precisely the statement PWG need to make with their first show of the year.