Evolve (WWNLive)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mlev76

Re: Evolve (WWNLive)

Post by mlev76 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:47 pm

themib wrote:Isn't he injured?
Cagematch doesn't have a page on him, but the profightdb.com lists his last match as being in January. They don't keep track of the smaller indies, so that doesn't mean much. So, maybe?

ThreeAndAHalf

Post by ThreeAndAHalf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:24 pm

I've never ordered an Evolve event live, how's the quality of their stream? I'll be watching on a laptop if that makes any difference.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:34 pm

ThreeAndAHalf wrote:I've never ordered an Evolve event live, how's the quality of their stream? I'll be watching on a laptop if that makes any difference.
Yesterday started off horribly but they got it together after a restart. It's been quite a few years since I'd asy it was a complete disaster so I think you're safe. Worse comes to worse, Gabe has been really good about giving refunds or additional value if there are issues. Purchase with confidence. And hey, use http://voicesofwrestling.com/wwnlive, it'll help us out :)

But seriously, any other questions just let us know.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:36 pm

Seems like the ippv tech is a trainwreck for Gabe this weekend, and if I remember right it tends to be every mania weekend.

You'd think they'd bunker up their tech for the one weekend of the year when they get the most traffic. Makes you wonder how much traffic they get usually?

ThreeAndAHalf

Post by ThreeAndAHalf » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:23 pm

I saw maybe a minute of wrestling in the first entire hour. Gabe said on twitter that vod would be available if you ordered the live stream, so I'll just wait on that I guess.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:57 pm

I bought both EVOLVEs, and really enjoyed 58. I hope 59's VOD goes up soon, I was looking forward to seeing it live.

In any case, Gabe's offered a free ippv from the library for everyone who went in at $15. Anyone have suggestions on which two EVOLVE past shows I should choose? I'm craving some ZSJ in particular after that match yesterday.

Takachulo

Post by Takachulo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:17 pm

PKThree wrote:Seems like the ippv tech is a trainwreck for Gabe this weekend, and if I remember right it tends to be every mania weekend.

You'd think they'd bunker up their tech for the one weekend of the year when they get the most traffic. Makes you wonder how much traffic they get usually?
Meltzer talked to Gabe at the Kaiju Big Battel show and apparently the iPPV numbers are "way way up" since the WWE relationship started.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:39 pm

Takachulo wrote:
Meltzer talked to Gabe at the Kaiju Big Battel show and apparently the iPPV numbers are "way way up" since the WWE relationship started.
Great to see that there's more than 10 people buying them now

themib

Post by themib » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:50 am

The stream quality for EVOLVE today was atrocious, even when they had it semi working late in the show, it was still buffering pretty crazy. They had it largely fixed for SHIMMER, though it started to buffer fairly often too in the middle of the show.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:23 am

Takachulo wrote:
PKThree wrote:Seems like the ippv tech is a trainwreck for Gabe this weekend, and if I remember right it tends to be every mania weekend.

Too bad Triple H didn't let him use some of his own tech guys.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:03 pm

Mercury Rising and SHIMMER are up now, EVOLVE 59 had issues with the file, but they're working on it.

EVOLVE 60 in Baltimore on May 6th will have Drew Galloway vs. Ethan Page, EVOLVE 61 in Queens on May 7th has Galloway vs. Johnny Gargano. Marty Scurll will be on both shows.

phenom951

Post by phenom951 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:57 pm

WWE should really assist these guys with their streaming in some capacity because every show was unwatchable live and I'm still waiting for 59 and the WWNSS to go VOD on FITE TV. That being said, That Ospreay/ZSJ match was fucking incredible.

wac

Post by wac » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Gabe gets results

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Great deal for those who got the Live & VOD versions of Evolve 58 & Evolve 59.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:32 am

No one ever commented what was in the Observer about WWE influencing EVOLVE more and more:
Another aspect of this is Evolve working in some form with WWE. It was described as a very slow process when it comes to finalizing the deal, but everyone is going with the idea there will be one. The concept is to have a place for young talent to work indies and keep them from TNA, Lucha Underground and mostly ROH, and keep it a safe place to work as WWE made it clear they want to avoid as much as possible hiring guys with prior concussion issues or neck problems.
Evolve is going to focus less on using talent that has contracts with Lucha Underground, TNA and ROH. That’s part of the WWE relationship as I’m sure WWE doesn’t like the idea of a guy they have under contract like Gargano working as a tag team with the TNA champion. Gabe Sapolsky said they aren’t closing the doors to talent under contracts to those groups, but the focus will be to use the promotion to showcase people who would be able to move to WWE.
There's a lot of rumours going around WWE is imminently loaning NXT and some lower level WWE talent to EVOLVE. Possibly to be packaged/repackaged too. Tyler Breeze was in the audience watching EVOLVE this weekend sparking rumours about him.

I wonder if largely dropping wrestlers with outside contracts is prelude to WWE adding new, old or exclusive EVOLVE shows to the WWE Network.

Also this:

Several fans in attendance last weekend noted how much Canyon Ceman hated Thatcher-Callihan. That could be a sign that WWE is influencing talent selection already but at the same time as Jermone Cusson wrote Thatcher flamed out on his own at the same time:
Like I said on Twitter, I’m off of the Thatcher bandwagon. He got exposed badly this entire weekend but especially against Sami Callihan. It’s easy to blame Callihan given his skillset, but as champion, Thatcher is responsible for engaging the crowd and being the ambassador for the Evolve brand. Think about the best indie champions. Guys like Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, and Johnny Gargano. They elevated the championships and also grew into their roles. Thatcher has done none of these things. He has the same match every time and if it’s the wrong match, he’ll stink up the place. Thatcher couldn’t even convey what he was supposed to on Saturday night. He suddenly dropped the belt and walked out. No confidence or sense of swagger. He has no confidence on the microphone and given the state of Evolve, there are way too many other wrestlers who could carry this banner and do a better job of it.
http://www.pwponderings.com/2016/04/04/ ... a-weekend/